Casey's General Store Rebrands After 50 Years

hettinger_rl

I think they should've kept the 'general store' in there somewhere.  It's boring, but it looks tidier.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If downstate ever gets its wish and secedes from populated Illinois, the new state motto can be "yeah I know it's a gas station n' all but the pizza's actually real good."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, hettinger_rl said:

If Casey's General Stores didn't already exist before I saw the new brand mark, I wouldn't have minded it too much.  I actually like the font on its own--though it's probably too close to Wendy's for it's own good.

That said...because I've known about Casey's for so long...I don't know.  I get that Playbill might look "old and worn out", but there are ways to incorporate the ol' barn into something fresh without completely throwing away the visual essence of the soon-to-be-former brand.  Looks like they're doubling down on the rooster as their identifier--but if that was the case, why not, well, make it the centerpiece?  (Then again, someone probably presented that option and the braintrust was too stuck on keeping the barn shape.)  I'd have much preferred they kept brown, just for uniqueness sake--dang near every convenience store (and truck stop) chain out there uses some combo of red and yellow.  (This is what helps Sinclair stand out: they lean into the green, as does Petro, but not near to the same degree.)  

It's alright for what it is.  I don't hate it; it just seems a bit too predictable to me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived