College Basketball 2020-2021

Gonzaga Bulldogs Unveil New Basketball Uniforms, Alternate Jersey Leaks

October 6, 2020 - 20:56 PM

The Gonzaga men’s basketball program will look a little bit different when it hits the hardwood this fall after the Bulldogs unveiled new uniforms on Monday evening. Gonzaga’s new Nike Elite uniforms include several small changes from the previous set, the most notable being the striping pattern down the sides

Read More...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the NCAA’s all-time dumbest uniform rules is getting rid of pinlines. 

spacer.png

Of course we can thank Adidas for that: they inserted the three stripes into World Cup jersey numbers and ruined the whole concept for everyone.

I love the updated Gonzaga wordmark... although I suspect the new red lines are also there to protect against counterfeiting. But man those numbers would look awesome with the red lines inside.

Also when are we finally going to get REAL Gonzaga Cinderella throwbacks??? It drives me crazy. They are dated as hell but I would love to see them again.

spacer.png

These are historic, man. This, along with Russ in the Seahawk originals are the 2 throwback uniforms I am dying to see. (Yes, I know, the Hawks need the 2 helmet rule active next year)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

This has since been removed, but yesterday Fanatics leaked one of the new jerseys for the Oregon men’s team: 

spacer.png

The women’s team got a new set last year, so it was expected that the men would get an upgrade this season. The most notable thing is that these have the new font that’s been adopted across the entirety of the Oregon athletic department over the last couple years, most recently last season with the new set for WBB. I’ll be curious to see what the shorts look like, but so far I like what I’m seeing and am looking forward to seeing the other colorways.

Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if this set ends up being on a brand new Nike template, similar to how the football team debuted the newest Nike football template (Vapor Fusion) last year. If you look closely  at the pattern in the fabric, it’s different than the fabric on other Nike replica jerseys for both college basketball and the NBA. The pattern/texturing looks really similar to what’s on the new third kits for Nike’s premier club soccer teams, which is a new technology that we’ll likely be seeing more of next year:

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That is incredibly restrained for an Oregon jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 10/10/2020 at 7:29 PM, AndrewMLind said:

Some Ohio State info:

That wordmark does not lend itself well to this sort of application. Brutal.

11 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

New look for Marquette...only 1 color unveiled so far.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I actually kinda like these! They are different, but in a good way. Just wish the numbers didn't have the bevels cause they look a bit out of place with the "Marquette" script.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Here’s a retail leak of the Ducks’ new apple green jersey and shorts:

spacer.png

spacer.png
Really liking what I’m seeing so far with this green jersey and the black jersey I posted yesterday. Love the simplistic style and especially the contrasting collar and armhole trim. The shorts are definitely a little out there, but I have a feeling they’ll look better in actuality than they do in this product mockup. I do like them playing up the tree motif a little more instead of going with the wings again like they had on the shorts of the outgoing set. Interestingly, this green jersey doesn’t appear have to same textured fabric that the black jersey has, so perhaps my theory about this new set being on a brand new Nike template won’t be right after all.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived