College Basketball 2020-2021

20 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I'm definitely going to miss the wings on the shorts.  They sure make a whole lot more sense for them than the Tall Firs design.

I really liked the wings on the shorts when the last set first debuted, but I grew a little tired of ‘em after the the first 2-3 seasons. Personally I thought the best uniforms from the outgoing set were the two Fighting Ducks uniforms without the wings on the shorts. I’m happy to see them going in a different direction this time around with the Tall Firs design, thought I hope it’s a bit more subtle on the shorts in actuality than the product mockup makes it appear. I think the Tall Firs motif is great as something that’s unique to MBB. Track and Field and WBB have used the tree motif in the past as well, but it makes the most sense for MBB given the history of the Tall Firs national championship team. Plus it matches the court design as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lights Out said:

This is a huge upgrade for Marquette. The previous uniforms were terrible.

I understand the retro vibe they were going for with the last set and while I don't think they were that bad, I do think they got stale pretty quick.

Ohio State Buckeyes Unveil New Men’s, Women’s Basketball Uniforms

October 17, 2020 - 02:34 AM

The Ohio State men’s and women’s basketball programs will wear identical uniforms for the first time in school history after both unveiled a new look on Friday afternoon. Both the white home and scarlet road uniforms have the wordmark from Ohio State’s athletics logo prominently displayed across the chest and

Read More...

Overall: Upgrade from previous primary set.

Pros:

• I prefer the wider side panel to the over-complicated striping structure they used before
  • Solid balance of the school colors, with a clear hierarchy of scarlet to gray to black
  • Always LOVE the Buckeye leaf motif and it's still perfect as a buckle logo
  • Shorts overall are pretty much perfect
  • Kinda like having the men's and women's team in matching looks

Cons

• Not sold on the logo script working on a jersey, tho the plain block wasn't exactly inspired
  • Stroke on the number but not the wordmark?
  • Sleeve/collar on the road could be gray. It would match the two sets better IMO (scarlet is middle stripe and sleeve/collar on road) and I think it'd perfect the color balance.

The main critique I'd have really is more of an issue with the school's branding overall (as an alum I probably think about it too much), which is that I feel the primary logos, block O logos, and uniform striping should be cohesive. Instead, the logos includes space between the O and its stroke while the stripes (on these bball jerseys, the football helmet/pants stripes, and road fb uniform) include all four major colors (scarlet, gray, black, white). 

banner_blocko.9b1cd9b3.jpg

1200px-Ohio_State_Buckeyes_logo.svg.png

1043208530.jpg.0.jpg

NOTE: I really like how the road uniform swaps in gray for white on the stripe, it ties the whole thing together. This, however, BOTHERS ME EVERY HOME GAME:

ohio-state-football-justin-fields-ap-102

The previous basketball set managed to swap in colors, but they use a different pattern on the whites than in football (the source of the striping), so it always felt off.ohio-st.jpg

EOSOJ3xVAAACBR4.jpeg

Sidenote: Really enjoy these alt looks for the basketball team as well:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-17-at-6.24.47-PM-775

image_from_ios-2.jpg

17 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon has updated their player photos on their roster page and you can see a hint of their new white jersey, which is consistent with the black and green versions shown so far.

Will Richardson

Hmm, another interesting thing there is that the jersey doesn’t appear to have any perforation holes, which of course have been a part of Nike’s CBB uniform template for the last 4-5 years. That leads me to believe that this new set may well be on a new template after all. And in case anyone is wondering, here’s a headshot from last year where the perforation holes are clearly visible:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Haven't seen a release but the NCSU bookstore is selling this new version of a black alternate swingman jersey alongside the traditional red swingman jersey. First time I can recall seeing the basketball team wearing "Wolfpack" on the chest and not "NC State" or "State".

spacer.png

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Another retail leak for the Ducks, this time of a second green jersey with the same “Fighting Ducks” wordmark as the previously leaked black jersey:

spacer.png

I’m expecting there’ll be two yellow sets as well, just like how there were two green and two yellow uniforms with the last set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Another retail leak for the Ducks, this time of a second green jersey with the same “Fighting Ducks” wordmark as the previously leaked black jersey:

spacer.png

I’m expecting there’ll be two yellow sets as well, just like how there were two green and two yellow uniforms with the last set.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having two black and two white uniforms as well as it'd fit the pattern of one having "Oregon" on it and the other having "Fighting Ducks."

Retail leak of the Ducks’ new black shorts:

spacer.png

These don’t have the tree design like we saw on the green shorts, which suggests to me that the sets with the “Fighting Ducks” wordmark on the jersey will have the more plain shorts design, while the sets with the “Oregon” wordmark will have the Tall Firs design (similar to how the “Fighting Ducks” uniforms of the last set didn’t have the wings on the shorts). I would bet the white/green uniform will at least have the “Oregon” wordmark and the tree design on the shorts, and possibly a yellow/black uniform will as well. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Michigan State with some new uniforms:

This would've seemingly been a good time to drop the notches from their numbers, but I guess that's kind of their thing with it having found it's way into their branding. The way the TA and TE connect on their wordmark make the S look incredibly lonely. 

Overall, it's a nice look. The Titans should take notes, as I would've liked to have seen them use the Greek Key in some capacity when they rebranded. I think it works here considering how simple the rest of the uniforms and color palette are. (Obviously the Greek Key on the Titans current set would make them even more visibly jarring, so it was probably a good thing they restrained on that for now.) :)

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:42 PM, j'villejags said:

This would've seemingly been a good time to drop the notches from their numbers, but I guess that's kind of their thing with it having found it's way into their branding. The way the TA and TE connect on their wordmark make the S look incredibly lonely. 

Overall, it's a nice look. The Titans should take notes, as I would've liked to have seen them use the Greek Key in some capacity when they rebranded. I think it works here considering how simple the rest of the uniforms and color palette are. (Obviously the Greek Key on the Titans current set would make them even more visibly jarring, so it was probably a good thing they restrained on that for now.) :)

I’ll say this forever. Especially as a MSU alum, the current “STATE” always bothered me because of the “T”. This would be such a huge upgrade. They should replace the current “STATE” with this. They should also change the current “SPARTANS” to this new one. Also here’s their new road jersey. 

14 hours ago, MGoBlue98 said:

I’ll say this forever. Especially as a MSU alum, the current “STATE” always bothered me because of the “T”. This would be such a huge upgrade. They should replace the current “STATE” with this. They should also change the current “SPARTANS” to this new one. Also here’s their new road jersey. 

wait you're an MSU alum but your name is MGoBlue98 lol

Archived