Central

CAR, CHI, CBJ, DET, FLA, MIN, NSH, TB

Coastal

ANA, ARI, COL, DAL, LA, STL, SJ, VGK

Canadian

CGY, EDM, MTL, OTT, TOR, VAN, WPG

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

3 hours ago, buzzcut said:

Proposed New NHL alignment for the 2021 campaign per TSN:

Comcast

BOS, BUF, NJ, NYI, NYR, PHI, PIT, WSH

Central

Coastal

ANA, ARI, COL, DAL, LA, STL, SJ, VGK

Canadian

CGY, EDM, MTL, OTT, TOR, VAN, WPG

Brutal setup for BUF and NJ in "Comcast". CAR and CBJ may thrive in the "Central".

"Coastal" also seems like a battle royale with COL, DAL, and STL as the favorites. The "Canadian" division will be hotly contested too.

I can only imagine how the league will structure the playoffs this coming season. If they revert back to the 16 team format, I have a feeling many good teams will get screwed out of the playoffs.

Central

Oh cool we get 4/5 of the old Central* back together for one last skate. That'll be fun to have a chance to give it back to those guys who kept the Jackets at the bottom of the division for basically every year it existed. Our highest finish in 12 years in that division was 2006 when they were third because the Blues and Blackhawks were both horrendous that season. Still missed the playoffs. Every other year they were 4th or 5th. 

*Maybe the most accidentally perfect division in sports. You had the BLACKhawks, BLUES, BLUE Jackets, RED Wings, and pREDators. Every team with a color in their name was somehow miraculously lumped together and before the Golden Knights existed. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

NHL could play all games in U.S. if all-Canadian division can't work (sportsnet.ca)

So where would the Canadian teams play in the US if they can't play in Canada?

Guessing

Toronto Buffalo

Montréal Boston

Winnipeg Chicago

Ottawa Long Island

Vancouver Vegas

Edmonton Minnesota

Calgary Colorado

Some are just wild guesses, others are what I think. Toronto Buffalo I think would be a lock. I think Vegas will have another, just dont know who.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

Guessing

Toronto Buffalo

Montréal Boston

Winnipeg Chicago

Ottawa Long Island

Vancouver Vegas

Edmonton Minnesota

Calgary Colorado

Some are just wild guesses, others are what I think. Toronto Buffalo I think would be a lock. I think Vegas will have another, just dont know who.

Another option I have heard is that the 7 would remain in Canada, but in one hub city, preferably one that will allow the NHL to play in their city.

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Another option I have heard is that the 7 would remain in Canada, but in one hub city, preferably one that will allow the NHL to play in their city.

Yeah I agree you'd prefer to play in a city that will allow you to play there. It'd be much more difficult to stage hundreds of games under the cover of darkness as a rogue outfit of vandals trespassing into a municipality that isn't allowing contact sports for health reasons. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is it really the Comcast league? And would all four divisions really begin with the letter "C," making quick reference tables kind of a pain in the ass?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is it really the Comcast league? And would all four divisions really begin with the letter "C," making quick reference tables kind of a pain in the ass?

It was a joke name I came up with.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

11 minutes ago, Walk-Off said:

Dallas is farther west than the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, so I am very puzzled as to why the Stars are in this coming season's Central division while the Wild are being put in the West division.

St. Louis is farther east than both. I haven't read up on it yet, but I'm guessing they swapped the Blues and Star to give the Wild at least one closer team. Sucks though. They're the only two Central Time Zone teams in the division. Gonna be a lot of late weeknight games on tv. And no Blues-Blackhawks.

21 minutes ago, McCall said:

St. Louis is farther east than both. I haven't read up on it yet, but I'm guessing they swapped the Blues and Star to give the Wild at least one closer team. Sucks though. They're the only two Central Time Zone teams in the division. Gonna be a lot of late weeknight games on tv. And no Blues-Blackhawks.

Someone was getting :censored:ed either way, unfortunately. This was probably the least-terrible option.

And we lose Blues-Blackhawks but regain Wings-Hawks, so there's a bit of exchange there.

Archived