2020 NHL Offseason

Ridleylash

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DEAD! said:

They should have gone with Minnesota, St Louis, Chicago and Detroit in the same division...

Then who fills out the West? Can't use the Canadian teams for obvious reasons, and moving East teams there is just :censored:ing dumb.

17 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Then who fills out the West? Can't use the Canadian teams for obvious reasons, and moving East teams there is just :censored:ing dumb.

I just wanted as much of a resemblance of the old Norris division as I can.... 😂

I saw, I came, I left.

33 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

According to the NHL, it'll be pretty much just like normal;

So it's not West vs East. It's essentially a mini-March Madness. Basically, each team that wins the division, or "region", advances to the Final Four, except it'll go by seed rather than sides of a bracket.

I wonder if they'll forego the awarding of the Prince of Wales and Campbell Bowl.  

If they dont, how would they decide who gets what trophy.  They could decide at the beginning of the Final 4, that whatever conference the #1 team typically belongs in, that series will go for that trophy and the other goes to the opposing series.

21 hours ago, McCall said:

I haven't read up on it yet, but I'm guessing they swapped the Blues and Star to give the Wild at least one closer team.

I had not noticed the Blues being in this season's West division when I saw that graphic the first few times.  I suppose that it is a testimony to green standing out more on a black background than does blue.

Wonder what happens if for some reason we're still in this mess come July and the Canadian winner can't play their series.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They'll probably move the teams down here like the NBA is with the Raptors. 

This is how they've done it in college hockey for years. If you don't have fans in the building and therefore no need to worry about the idea that a market might be bored of seeing the same opponent on back-to-back nights then this makes a lot of sense for reducing travel this season. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 minutes ago, Sport said:

They'll probably move the teams down here like the NBA is with the Raptors. 

This is how they've done it in college hockey for years. If you don't have fans in the building and therefore no need to worry about the idea that a market might be bored of seeing the same opponent on back-to-back nights then this makes a lot of sense for reducing travel this season. 

I've noticed a fair amount of doubles in the NBA has well(at least the sixers schedule). Honestly, i like the idea for this year. Seems like it'll be less repetitive.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Jonathan Toews out sick for the year with demanding-a-trade-itis

If it's not COVID, I'm not sure what the hell else it would be.  He basically said he was tired and depressed. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

If it's not COVID, I'm not sure what the hell else it would be.  He basically said he was tired and depressed. 

Are the players getting tested regularly in the off-season? Maybe he was COVID positive but asymptomatic and is now dealing with long-haul symptoms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If he actually is sick and isn't just faking it to get off the sinking ship (which is my guess), it's probably post-concussion syndrome. I still think back to that gruesome Willie Mitchell hit in 2009. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

If he actually is sick and isn't just faking it to get off the sinking ship (which is my guess), it's probably post-concussion syndrome. I still think back to that gruesome Willie Mitchell hit in 2009. 

I feel like with Toews as reticent about concussion disclosure as he has always been, this makes the most sense.  He probably doesn't want to hear his doctors say, "Jesus, Johnny; you feel terrible because your brain looks like an MRE canned chicken circa the Korean War," so he tells them to keep searching for anything else that's unrelated.  If they can't outright say it's COVID, it's baffling.  The excuse is right there and wouldn't be questioned, but instead Toews goes vague, so...here we are.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived