Funniest.shirt.ever.

Ez Street

petco_avatar.gif The Stanley Cup should never be won anywhere south of the New York border. Therefore making Hockey NOT an American Tradition.

Womens Beach Volleyball, there is your American Tradition.......that and Drug use.

It's happened in Denver twice, in Dallas twice, in Tampa once, and soon enough will be in San Jose, Anaheim, St Louis and Nashville.

And as far as American Tradition, that would be FOOTBALL, 100%. Played more by North America than anywhere else in the world.

Hockey: In America it's right behind Nascar, Bowling, World Series of Poker, and Trading Spaces. But better than Soccer.

Whoa, whoa, whoa -- you're underestimating the growing popularity of televised poker.

ESPN's weekly telecasts of the preliminary heats of the 2004 World Series of Poker attracted an average 1.5 rating, which represents 1.3 million households. The 2003 World Series of Poker had a 1.2 overall rating with an average of more than 1 million viewing households.

To put it into a larger perspective, the ratings numbers for poker surpass those of the Arena Football League on NBC, the Stanley Cup Finals on ABC and much of the regular-season college basketball programming that ESPN carries each year.

And those numbers aren't far behind the regular-season ratings for both Major League Baseball and NBA telecasts, which are broadcast on major networks.

While 1.5 is nothing special, it is growing as shown by the fact that the field this year grew by like, 2,000 participants. Let us also remember that poker is something that will be telecasted repeatedly throughout the week, so their is no urge to watch it the first time it's on TV, as it will undoubtedly play 3 or 4 more times throughout the week.

I should also add that Nascar got a 5.7 rating last week. Not too shabby.

That is all. I love my poker. :D Go back to discussing crappy hockey.

IUe6Hvh.png

petco_avatar.gif The Stanley Cup should never be won anywhere south of the New York border. Therefore making Hockey NOT an American Tradition.

It's happened in Denver twice, in Dallas twice, in Tampa once, and soon enough will be in [...] Anaheim

I could kiss you. But it'd probably be weird for both of us.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It's happened in Denver twice, in Dallas twice, in Tampa once, and soon enough will be in [...] Anaheim

I could kiss you. But it'd probably be weird for both of us.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

it most definately would! :blink:

Archived