LV RAIDERS SILVER

It seems that the shade of silver the Raiders are using these days is lighter than it used to be.

It almost looks white (especially on a sunny day).

I wish they would go to a slightly darker shade of silver (I couldn't find any good images from this season, but they look the same as last season).

spacer.pngspacer.png

Probably to do with the translation on to Nike's stupid flat fabric.

This photo is from 2016, when I guess they were still using their pre-Nike pants.

gettyimages-5037751541.jpg

Though there are images of it in the RBK days also looking a little too light:

20101024__broncos_Raiders22p1.jpg?w=526

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

Probably to do with the translation on to Nike's stupid flat fabric.

This photo is from 2016, when I guess they were still using their pre-Nike pants.

gettyimages-5037751541.jpg

Though there are images of it in the RBK days also looking a little too light:

20101024__broncos_Raiders22p1.jpg?w=526

They’re still using pre-Nike pants. It’s most likely all due to lighting and/or better cameras.

8 hours ago, dont care said:

They’re still using pre-Nike pants. It’s most likely all due to lighting and/or better cameras.

Are you certain they haven't switched over yet?  The material looks awfully flat now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Are you certain they haven't switched over yet?  The material looks awfully flat now.

Yes you can tell by the pad pockets, and still being tied up zipper area. Nike pants don’t have either of those. Can’t tell if they still have belts but I’d assume they do with the tied up area. That’s the real big difference since Nike pants don’t have any belts.

• 2 weeks later...

No NFL uniforms are made by Nike. 

But we know you mean made with Nike’s “look at me!” proprietary fabrics.  And I think you’re right, the Raiders are one of the holdouts.  Since that fabric doesn’t come in silver, that’s a no-brainer, something even Junior Davis can’t screw up. 

Archived