Instances of Transitional Rebranding

16 hours ago, LMU said:

QskADMr.jpg

EDIT: I misread the years for the first part of my comment.

Is there a reason somewhere for this change? It seems weird to have a set for six seasons, then decide to promote a two season old alternate to the primary, but only for a single season before switching gears completely.

IbjBaeE.png

On 10/25/2020 at 11:54 PM, PepMan33Conde said:

x1080

Suns' 2016-17 courts foreshadowed the 2017-18 uniforms that didn't feature much black unlike the one above.

Looks like they foreshadowed the ban on mass gatherings, too

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/27/2020 at 9:59 AM, TBGKon said:

Lightning unveiled their current logo on ice the season before the updated the jerseys to current.

tb_new_jsys.jpg

They also unveiled their uniforms during that same timeframe. Slightly different from the real uniforms though.

Speaking of Tampa...how has no one yet cited THE PENULTIMATE example of transitional branding? 

From this...

creamsicle.jpg?w=624

sep-1996-defensive-tackle-warren-sapp-of

To this:

CaYditrW4AAfX49.jpg

brooksbyezra-shaw.jpg?w=594

You can tip your servers and shut the thread down now off this one.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

How is that transitional branding? They just straight up had new branding. It’s not like they slapped the pewter logo on the creamsicle jerseys. It was just a new branding. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 10/30/2020 at 11:13 AM, Buc said:

Speaking of Tampa...how has no one yet cited THE PENULTIMATE example of transitional branding? 

From this...

creamsicle.jpg?w=624

sep-1996-defensive-tackle-warren-sapp-of

To this:

CaYditrW4AAfX49.jpg

brooksbyezra-shaw.jpg?w=594

You can tip your servers and shut the thread down now off this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/confidentlyincorrect/

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Washington had back to back transitional uniforms. The original spear helmet uniforms were worn from 1965-1968. Then for 1969 they added sleeve striping and B/W/B pants striping. In 1970 they swapped the spear helmet for the gold R helmet. And in 1972 they swapped the R helmet for the Indian head helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe it's a little too early to call it, but it seems like not if, but a matter of when the Coyotes go back to the Kachina full time.  They will be wearing them more than the burgandy primaries this upcoming season, or at least that's the plan, since who knows how next season will look like.

Archived