NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

jb1322

A quick edit to the Phoenix set based on previous comments. 

Phoenix Suns (V2 Edited)

Association:                                     Icon:                                     Statement:                                   Showtime:                                 Community:

LPxf7OU.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golden State Warriors (V2)

Association:                                    Icon:                                      Statement:                                 Showtime:                                   Community:

EHddIoY.png

I know I said no more new sets until I completed V2 of all the other sets, but I'm just gonna post this Heat set then back to V2 revisions. 

Miami Heat

Association:                                     Icon:                                     Statement:                                Showtime:                              Community:

vbYCYPo.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Rebrands (UPDATE: Miami Heat...VICE!)

Toronto Raptors (V2)

Association:                                     Icon:                                        Statement:                                 Showtime:                                 Community:

tb8cEEX.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Rebrands (UPDATE: Toronto Raptors V2)

You should find a template that connects the shorts to the torso as one whole unit - this would really show you the proper placement and scaling for design elements. Half of the designs, especially your Community ones, would be cut off at the waistline and barely visible.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

New York Knicks (V2)

Association:                                     Icon:                                      Statement:                                   Showtime:                                 Community:o8cREau.png

Orlando Magic (V2)

Association:                                     Icon:                                      Statement:                                   Showtime:                                 Community:

hf8DKSX.png

Comments on your last sets:

-Phoenix is good, it came a long way. "The Valley" jersey was definitely improved by the new font

- Something feels of about the Warriors, maybe you should do away with the spear below the wordmark and arch the "Warriors" to the circle

- No complaints about the Heat. Maybe the number in the Community jersey should match the other jerseys numbers.

- Toronto is the weakest one. I'm not a fan of the chevron design, and that custom font definitely doesn't work with the chevron shape. Either make it straight and eliminate the chevron, or use another font that works better.

- Like the "Knicks" wordmark, could work better with a thinner outline. I don't think the closed number works for all the set, maybe for one jersey.

- WAY better for Orlando, and the third jersey is the best you've done so far. The wordmark is an improvement.

There's room for improvement in some sets, but you're definitely getting better in translating your ideas. Keep it up!

The Magic shorts are good.

The black accents on the Magic jerseys that give the "Help I'm being groped" vibe are weird. Not sure why you extended the black accents past the side panels. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New Orleans Pelicans

Association:                                     Icon:                                      Statement:                                   Showtime:                                 Community:

7wIbsE1.png

Washington Wizards:

The color scheme is derived from the Potomac River and the Cherry Blossoms found in Washington DC. The community edition is inspired by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. 

oP2w2Iw.png

Brooklyn Nets:

The community edition has a Keith Haring theme.

Jfpckuc.png

I absolutely LOVE the Nets! Anything would be an improvement over their boring identity, to be honest, but there are three elements that make the difference there: the homage to the NY Nets with the stars, the lower case wordmark (Clippers and Nets should have a lower case identity, more informal than their big brothers) and the Community Edition, which is miles better than the Pasquiat homage they leaked earlier this week.

I like Washington and the Cherry Blossom is a solid idea, but it has the same issue for me as the Heat and the "Vice" identity, that it should be used in special occasions to not over-expose the identity, and remain more of a cult jersey. The Community jersey is very good, again an improvement of real life leaks.

Dallas Mavericks

Overall, the set takes a retro approach to the Mavericks. The classic "M" cowboy logo is updated and is now surrounded by a lasso. It is reduced to an alternate logo and the horse ball logo remains the primary. The Showtime edition features pegasus wings on the side panels. The community edition is inspired by the State Fair of Texas.

S4Ie3TV.png

Minnesota Timberwolves

To start off, I decided to make grey the secondary color, as that fits more with the wolf identity than the Minnesota blue which is reduced to a tertiary color. I changed the two horizontal lines on top of the jerseys and I molded them into a "M" and a "W" for Minnesota and Wolves. I brought back the classic collar and sleeve design. The community edition is a Northern Lights themed uni while representing the MSP area. 

Association:                                     Icon:                                      Statement:                                   Showtime:                                 Community:vd4wQN8.png

Archived