NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

jb1322

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2021 at 3:59 AM, jb1322 said:

otDTEKB.png

I would like to see how this looks if the black was replaced with purple. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

57 minutes ago, washingtonspride said:

That logo looks like something I would find on a random graphic shirt at Target or Dick's Sporting Goods, it doesn't really scream Nets to me.

The original nets logo is a shield with the word “Nets” and a white basketball with a B on it. For my updated logo, I modified the shield shape and had a ball going into an actual net with the Brooklyn crown and stars. While my redesign is definitely different, I was hoping some of the secondary elements would help emulate that Brooklyn theme.  Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it. 

15 hours ago, jb1322 said:

The original nets logo is a shield with the word “Nets” and a white basketball with a B on it. For my updated logo, I modified the shield shape and had a ball going into an actual net with the Brooklyn crown and stars. While my redesign is definitely different, I was hoping some of the secondary elements would help emulate that Brooklyn theme.  Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it. 

I see where you're going with it and like I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't feel like any of it really works together for a unified theme, I gues. I would be kind of excited to see a whole graffiti set for the nets, but the very geometric net and kinda clip-art basketball take away from the dynamic nature that graffiti brings to the logo. The shield also feels very static, but more in a regal sense than just a stock shield. If you want to have a very "Brooklyn" themed design, don't feel afraid to have an asymmetrical shield that feels organic, and try to play with a more stylized net. I love the idea, but I feel like the execution isn't *quite* there yet.

20 hours ago, washingtonspride said:

That logo looks like something I would find on a random graphic shirt at Target or Dick's Sporting Goods, it doesn't really scream Nets to me.

19 hours ago, jb1322 said:

I think a wordmark (either “Brooklyn” or “Nets”) would help, but B&W, the Biggie crown, and a basketball and net should be enough for people to guess.

FKH603n.png

The gearball is the primary logo, which incorporates that chrome silver as part of the color scheme. The flaming skullball with the piston in its mouth acts as a secondary logo in its light and dark forms. The primary uni's bring back that hot rod look the Pistons use to have. The statement edition is a chrome silver color with a gear around the number. The showtime edition mirrors the statement edition but filled out with red back into the color scheme. The Community Edition is a teal color that references the retro Pistons jersey, but also honors the Ambassador Bridge and the Spirit of Detroit. It is supposed to emulate a vintage car aesthetic. This is the first set that I am introducing the Legacy Edition. The idea is that this edition would take the place of the Earned edition. Only playoff eligible teams would receive these threads. These will be referred to as the legacy edition because only teams capable of leaving behind a legacy will wear them. I will be making Legacy Edition uni's for all the teams that have already had their sets posted so stay tuned for that. Like the Earned edition, some of the Legacy edition might be a new color of an existing uni or something new depending on what the branding calls for. The Pistons legacy edition is a Hot Rod Red that matches the primary uni's to show congruency throughout the set. 

7XXpKY3.png

kA39DHD.png

q55BQ9R.png

ZjLW7Lx.png

An7NGCF.png

LKgddMn.png

hCHJSaI.png

iMbOhrg.png

The Philadelphia 76ers should be the first team when you think of red, white, and blue on an NBA jersey. The primary logo has been modified to incorporate the bicentennial "76". The primary uni's are derived to those similar of "the Process" era. They feature seven stars on one side and six on the other. The statement edition is a "Liberty or Die" uni that features the famous snake. This uni has seven stars on the jersey and six stars on the shorts. The Showtime edition is inspired by Boathouse Row. The community edition takes on a theme based on Philly's nickname of "The City of Brotherly Love" with a parchment color. The two primary uni's and the two alternate uni's feature a drop shadow. The community edition has no drop shadow. The Legacy edition features an outline. The Legacy edition honors the past while looking toward the future. Equipped with the Liberty Bell design, this uni features the gold of champions. The bicentennial "76" partial logo has been used a wordmark. Thirteen stars that represent the thirteen original colonies are circling the number.

SGSGfso.png

hU0PnRj.png

3gCPiN3.png

QADSB9m.png

JjLfamx.png

NDIarKY.png

UAxcM3M.png

While I finish up the next set, I went back and created a few Legacy editions for some previously posted sets. Here is the Miami Heat Legacy edition, with a full look at the new, completed set. This look was inspired by the original vice versa uni. The waistband has a small flame icon. The idea of a uni being two completely different colors that plays with angles is something that is visually striking to me.  If you would like to view the original posting of the Miami Heat set with a closer look at each uni, click here.

bmaVmQh.png

4L6ZvNf.png

fzT5G8H.png?1

The Boston Celtics are a team of tradition. The hardwood pattern from the court is incorporated into the uni’s as way to honor the history of the Celtics.  The font on the word marks is inspired by the championship banners that hang in the arena. The primary logo has been updated and appropriately represents team colors. The community edition is inspired by the Freedom Trail of Boston, with a brick color added into the color scheme. Fanueil Hall is on the waistband of this uni. The legacy edition plays into the Celtic’s name, incorporating Celtic patterns on the trim while featuring a darker green and gold. An alternate clover is on both sides of the shorts.

vMm4ppF.png

65QoP5d.png

O1y9jLB.png

g2lzl2g.png

3n0vRVd.png

bDid8dn.png

zZlQOxU.png

Guest darkpiranha
10 hours ago, jb1322 said:

fzT5G8H.png?1

The Boston Celtics are a team of tradition. The hardwood pattern from the court is incorporated into the uni’s as way to honor the history of the Celtics.  The font on the word marks is inspired by the championship banners that hang in the arena. The primary logo has been updated and appropriately represents team colors. The community edition is inspired by the Freedom Trail of Boston, with a brick color added into the color scheme. Fanueil Hall is on the waistband of this uni. The legacy edition plays into the Celtic’s name, incorporating Celtic patterns on the trim while featuring a darker green and gold. An alternate clover is on both sides of the shorts.

vMm4ppF.png

65QoP5d.png

O1y9jLB.png

g2lzl2g.png

3n0vRVd.png

bDid8dn.png

zZlQOxU.png

You need one jersey where the leprechaun face is gigantic on the shoulder like the LA Kings Burger King jersey.

I decided to keep the primary logo for the San Antonio Spurs because it remains a timeless logo that is instantly recognizable. The Spurs have had years of greyed out camouflage in either city or earned editions, so I decided to implement this into into their branding. The association and icon uni act as the primary uni's, with the association showcasing black and white and the icon edition featuring two different shades of grey, one very light and one very dark almost close to black. The statement edition features a snow camouflage, while the showtime edition is derived from the 2020-2021 city edition. The community edition is a tribute to the River Walk in San Antonio. The pattern on the side panel is inspired by the patterns on the small cruises that go down the river. The Alamo is featured on the waistband of this edition. I decided that fiesta was something that should not be overplayed as the primary uni's, so it is reserved to the legacy edition. An alternate SA logo is featured on the shorts of the Legacy edition. 

zfMtsoD.png

bgruWTT.png

RYbU0rq.png

ORHpE3P.png

ONINkuq.png

GlyIZKv.png

DUzrSak.png

• 2 weeks later...

ed3MP70.png

The Cleveland Cavaliers currently have a color scheme of wine, gold, navy and black. I felt like the navy and black was redundant so I eliminated the navy. The new primary logo honors different eras of Cleveland's past for something new. The secondary logo is a modified version of the current Cavalier shield logo, but the shield shape has been modified to mirror the shield on the Cleveland flag.  The association edition features the team name with a modern candy stripe on the side panels. The icon edition is similar, wielding the city's name. The statement edition features a new "Cavs" wordmark. The showtime edition is referred to as "Cleveland Knights". The community edition honors uni's of the past while incorporating Cleveland's rock and roll heritage. The legacy edition is a red uni that has a design on the side panels inspired by the Cleveland Department of Transportation Guardian. 

5qKuRgS.png

D3Lyi2f.png

gsgVl6S.png

DQoojKs.png

79np4qS.png

ijF6aG6.png

Ngwfvsa.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Washington Wizards Legacy edition, with a full look at the new, completed set. This was inspired by the classic Baltimore Bullets look with a slight influence of the Wizard's WNBA counterpart. The cherry blossom pink has evolved in a rose gold while gold has been added into the color scheme. If you would like to view the original posting of the Washington Wizards' set with a closer look at each uni, click here.

lmiNuxh.png

CumJGqq.png

Really like the concept for the Celtics, but I feel like going with the actual parquet's gold, rather than gray, would give it more life.

While I usually advocate the Cavs lose both navy AND black, I think I'm among the camp that would rather black if we're picking. Black works better between wine and gold to me, and this concept demonstrates that. I think the road jersey with a navy outline would look way mushier.

Love the colors for the Wizards, reminds me of a faded flag. It's a fresher, more modern scheme while implying the age of the franchise (don't know if on purpose). It'd be such a change for them, but with Bullets out of the question and Wizards being a very odd nickname, it makes sense not to play it safe. The logo, especially combined with these colors, reminds me of some 80s vaporwave game, with the Wizard being the unbeatable boss of course. Script really works too, IMO.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:09 PM, jb1322 said:

3n0vRVd.png

This is what Boston needs to be doing with their City Edition jerseys. Do something that represents Boston/Massachusetts/New England. There is such a rich history here and all we keep getting is "look its green with yellow" or "it's green with gold" or my new favorite "look it's green with another shade of green" (yes I know that's an earned edition and not a city edition, but you get the point)

ZUH86xc.png

The Phoenix Suns have one of the most timeless uni's with the sunburst jersey. The desert gradient is incorporated into the sunburst in the primary uni's. The statement uni is orange with the secondary Phoenix logo equipped on the shorts. The showtime edition features a sunset behind Camelback Mountain. The community edition honors Phoenix's role as the Valley. It is also inspired by the flag of Arizona, which has been recolored and is present on the side of the shorts. The jersey tag line reads "From the Ashes", which references the quote, "From the Ashes the Phoenix Rises". The legacy edition is partially inspired by the WNBA counterpart, the Phoenix Mercury 2021 uni. It features a flame on the shorts, which is taken from the Phoenix bird logo. 

E79K5X8.png

LZfzMO0.png

2N8tL4M.png

3NdCN4t.png

3B4CXzD.png

IWQYpHZ.png

bmQzDqN.png

This is the Brooklyn Nets Legacy edition, with a full look at the new, completed set. This was inspired by the vintage Nets look. The design on the side panels emulates the design of a basketball net.  If you would like to view the original posting of the Brooklyn Nets' set with a closer look at each uni, click here. 

hJVRF1n.png

6eUyfEf.png

Archived