jb1322

NBA Redesigns | New York Knicks (3/1)

The Pacers fell into the trend in the 2000s to turn everything navy and lifeless of color. The 2020 city edition was a beautiful uni and that was the main inspiration for the two primary unis. The showtime edition reincarnates the navy Icon jersey the Pacers currently wear. The community edition modernizes the Hickory uni that the Pacers keep wearing for some reason. The design on the shorts is taken from the flag of Indiana. 

T8nfUSG.png 

MpOfYHk.png

e3vuwPm.png

VauZXwY.png

qi5sHlG.png

3292X2i.png

Pacers look great minus the black, I know that's a theme of your series but it stands out like a sore thumb here. Otherwise looks great

Chicago Bulls... Uhh? Side panels was really necessary? I can't enjoy these side panels with a good design of Icon and association and legendary wordmark (When Jordan was drafted), no. Very ugly.... it kind of makes me want to throw up, and I'm not exaggerating. Too ugly for the eyes. I'm sorry, but this is the first time and however much personal opinion, I will have to disapprove of these designs because of side panels that arruined these concepts that without this, would be very beautiful. 0/10 

Attention: I'm being honest and will give always feedback. But, if it sounds offensive, I apologize. But, I highly doubt that i'm the only one here who really didn't like the sides.

Without side panels would be much better. And Indiana Pacers is good! Although i don't enjoy really these stripes in Indiana Pacers (i prefer like this a default design for Icon and Association) 

The whole NBA program of short-lived jerseys that don't match team colors bugs me. That said it's giving you the opportunity to be creating. The Bulls theater jersey, for example. I only noticed the second time through that the side panels are curtains. Very clever, though the marquis might be a bit clunky for the front.

In the same vein, while I don't think community uniforms should exist, the T-Wolves should absolutely do something like you've done with the Minneapolis / St. Paul (since these kind of uniforms do exist). For some reason, I think the suburbanites would be OK with the Minneapolis and St. Paul sides, but I think they'd balk at the area codes "612 to 651? 763 for life!"

Also, I like the LA map side panels.

The New York Knicks have the New York skyline going down the side panels on the primary uni and shorts. The statement edition brings back orange for the Knicks (finally) and features the Empire State building on the shorts. All uni's are equipped with an updated Knicks logo. The showtime edition honors the NYFD. The community edition honors the Statue of Liberty and acts as a pseudo-homage to the WNBA counterpart, the NY Liberty as their logo is displayed on the shorts. 

55OCrb0.png

ktWEBvm.png

Yun1bCc.png

j5mqaVT.png

oeLWNtO.png

btlYOj5.png

Getting some major Black Panther vibes from the collar on the Liberty edition.  They all look great though, very classic looks for the Knicks.