Jump to content

NBA Redesigns | Utah Jazz (7/31/21)


jb1322
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, jb1322 said:

The Pelicans need to represent the vibrance of New Orleans. Based off the 2020-2021 city edition, I decided to implement a wishbone collar for the Pelicans. Zion Williamson is the player used for the primary and alternate uni's, while Anthony Davis is the player used for the Community Edition. The primary uni's feature a fleur de lis pattern. The statement and showtime edition both feature a crescent on the shorts, referencing New Orleans as the Crescent City. The showtime edition represents "NIGHTS IN NOLA". The community edition is a Mardi Gras uni. The pinstripe design is small circles, used to emulate the Mardi Gras bead necklaces. Feathers are featured behind the classic NOLA wordmark with the trumpet. The waistband on the Community edition. features Comedy/Tragedy. C+C always appreciated. 

XxoyJN1.png

kwjNfJv.png

mFB1b08.png

B13KrpK.png

JfNn4bk.png

BAmZNPA.png

 

The cleanest here. Also i'm wondering why the flag of NOLA (Showtime) isn't Red White and Blue? 

 

Since i don't live in USA, i don't know much about New Orleans. There something about this flag? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ukyo said:

 

The cleanest here. Also i'm wondering why the flag of NOLA (Showtime) isn't Red White and Blue? 

 

Since i don't live in USA, i don't know much about New Orleans. There something about this flag? 

The showtime edition was inspired by the 2018-2020 city edition so it’s not supposed to represent a flag but I overall wanted the set to push gold as the secondary color and red as the tertiary color so I minimized the red in certain aspects. Thanks again for the feedback I appreciate it a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, jb1322 said:

The Pelicans need to represent the vibrance of New Orleans. Based off the 2020-2021 city edition, I decided to implement a wishbone collar for the Pelicans. Zion Williamson is the player used for the primary and alternate uni's, while Anthony Davis is the player used for the Community Edition. The primary uni's feature a fleur de lis pattern. The statement and showtime edition both feature a crescent on the shorts, referencing New Orleans as the Crescent City. The showtime edition represents "NIGHTS IN NOLA". The community edition is a Mardi Gras uni. The pinstripe design is small circles, used to emulate the Mardi Gras bead necklaces. Feathers are featured behind the classic NOLA wordmark with the trumpet. The waistband on the Community edition. features Comedy/Tragedy. C+C always appreciated. 

XxoyJN1.png

kwjNfJv.png

mFB1b08.png

B13KrpK.png

JfNn4bk.png

BAmZNPA.png

This is the best one yet IMO! Excellent job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Portland Trail Blazers have built their identity around that classic sash so I knew right away that this was an element that had to present and a focus point. I tinkered with many different ways to modernize it in a way that looked clean while still respecting the original design. The association edition features more red than most Blazer uni's, and that is because I really wanted it to contrast with the statement edition. The statement edition was inspired by the 2020-2021 earned edition. The community edition features a script taken from the Portland, Oregon sign. It has an Oregon green color to it, while retaining a modified sash that has colors representing the vivid and diverse landscapes in Oregon. C+C always appreciated. 

 

1lqrDK3.png

xGzLGwE.png

NlsPnBq.png

mSGyupL.png

ulGrHHv.png

iag6UUZ.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Milwaukee Bucks have gone through an era of green and purple, green and red, and green and blue. While the green and purple remains nostalgic and the green and red fits the identity, I felt that the blue appropriately represents the Great Lakes which plays a role in the team's identity. However, blue as a tertiary color had to actually have meaning and be present in the uni's which is something I feel that the current uni's do not achieve. The primary uni's do not stray too much from the current uni's but the jersey's feature a thinner stripe on the side panel that accurately corresponds to the shorts. The Bucks wordmark has been straightened as opposed to curved as a callback to the classic uni's. There is a drop shadow present on the primary uni's. As you can see from the post above, the primary deer logo has been redesigned. The statement edition is derived from the 2018 city edition. The showtime edition wordmark reads "MKE" which has not been featured before on a Bucks jersey. The community edition in inspired by the flag of Milwaukee with an alternate script on the wordmark. C+C always appreciated. 

OrbDUlV.png

qohSILd.png

gSnU83W.png

 

z9p5CdA.png

edTrK8P.png

51afHhV.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about blue becoming more prominent or the MECCA floor uniform looking like anything but the actual floor. 

The one based on the flag is good, but the font makes it look too much like a GSW uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toronto Raptor's updated primary logo. The Raptor from the 90's is iconic and you don't see the Chicago Bulls with a hoof print for a logo.  Set coming soon. 

  DHH15hf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Toronto Raptors have an identity that revolves around the chevron, but their current design almost goes too minimalistic. The iconic Raptor returns in its rightful place as the primary logo. The primary uni's feature the classic Raptors jagged pinstripes on the collar and sleeves. The statement edition brings purple back into Toronto's set. The showtime edition feature's a Toronto wordmark, which is something that is not done enough on Raptor's unis. The community edition represents the next evolution in the OVO x Raptors collaboration. On the shorts, the claw ball makes a return as an alternate logo. Additionally, a new secondary logo is present where a microphone is prominently featured. This is to honor the growing hip hop industry in Toronto that Drake/OVO popularized. 

otDTEKB.png

YFYVPt7.png

OBssfsm.png

632OsEV.png

kF8qh0f.png

ZDMJWbM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few problems with Toronto, albeit another solid set: Purple feels forced on the red jersey, I'd either drop it and keep it on the alt or lean into it and add some more, and also add to the home whites. As much as I love the purple raptors, I think dropping it is the best option, keeping it on the alt however, which is an excellent uniform. I also hate the whole OVO thing, I get the importance and its cool to honor a local artist but it's just corny and overdone to me now, like most of the city jerseys in the NBA 🤣. That being said I do like your design, feels very Vegas with the diamonds down the side, but its well done. Good job with this set

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Washington Wizards need to fully embrace their identity. This redesign has shifted their color scheme. The Wizard's colors now consist of Cherry Blossom Pink, Potomac River Blue, and Monument Grey. The primary uni's feature an American flag design on the side panels. The statement edition features the Washington Monument on the sides as the gradient fades into the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. The showtime edition is inspired by Washington DC's flag. The Community Edition would be a series revolving around different national heroes. The first edition honors the Tuskegee Airmen, who were a squad of African American pilots during World War II. These men were extremely under-appreciated at the time and faced harsh racial discrimination despite their service. C+C always appreciated. 

66AZ0sH.png

kWdNjOB.png

HTtpDC3.png

Z2GLzu5.png

6wZWwip.png

524VtuE.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2021 at 2:46 PM, jb1322 said:

For the Dallas Mavericks, i knew I wanted to bring back green and the alternate M logo. The alternate M logo has been updated, with a green lasso wrapped around it. The primary uni's display the pegasus wings on the sides. The statement edition is an updated version of the classic green uni. The showtime edition proudly displays the Dallas skyline. The community edition is inspired by the State Fair of Texas. The line pattern on the jersey behind the wordmark that runs down the side panel is directly inspired by the Midway sign at the State Fair of Texas. Red is incorporated into the community jersey to reflect the red pegasus in Dallas.

MoBJcKl.png

I dig everything about the primary sets design, but knowing what it looks like in motion, I wish you could fix the flaws present from the original, primarily the shorts which I abhor the wings on (IRL).

Statement is very nice. I am a fan of modern updates and you did a good job at incorporating the eras. 

The Showtime edition is perfect. It fixes everything wrong with the 2017 City edition and combines the elements from the skyline jersey brilliantly. 

I love the inspiration for the community edition so I wish I liked community edition more. Maybe the color blocks are too large or not detailed enough. You’ve used the font from the current city jersey and I think that was the wrong choice. Go all out and imitate the actual MIDWAY font. Maybe doing that will make it look less of an eyesore. Last idea I had to improve it would be to do a gradient that imitated the sky more perhaps from midnight to sky blue. 

spacer.png

Overall love the ideas presented and think they could be even better with some minor tweaks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, jb1322 said:

The Washington Wizards need to fully embrace their identity. This redesign has shifted their color scheme. The Wizard's colors now consist of Cherry Blossom Pink, Potomac River Blue, and Monument Grey. The primary uni's feature an American flag design on the side panels. The statement edition features the Washington Monument on the sides as the gradient fades into the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. The showtime edition is inspired by Washington DC's flag. The Community Edition would be a series revolving around different national heroes. The first edition honors the Tuskegee Airmen, who were a squad of African American pilots during World War II. These men were extremely under-appreciated at the time and faced harsh racial discrimination despite their service. C+C always appreciated. 

66AZ0sH.png

kWdNjOB.png

HTtpDC3.png

Z2GLzu5.png

6wZWwip.png

524VtuE.png

The community edition really doesn't speak DC to me. I get what you're trying to do with national heroes because DC is the capital and all that but that kind of pushes the perpetual stereotype that DC is only the capital and nothing else. There is plenty of DC things your can put in that community edition because right now it feels more like a "national edition" than anything else. There's always the Pan-African colors to celebrate the African culture in DC, there's Chicken Wings with Mumbo Sauce, a meal you can only get in the district at Chinese carryouts, the Metro, maybe green to represent the mall, and of course, there's Go-Go Music. I like your airmen jersey, don't get me wrong, but there is just more to DC than just it being the capital of the country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, washingtonspride said:

there is just more to DC than just it being the capital of the country

WAAAAAY more!

 

People around here dislike that constant association as much as people in the LA area dislike constantly being associated to Hollywood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Nets embrace a clean black and white look. So naturally, I thought their community edition should be as vivid as Brooklyn is. The idea is that the community edition is a yearly series and each new edition would honor a Brooklyn artist. Keith Haring was chosen for the first edition. The font on "NETS" on the shorts and the player name on the back of the jersey are a custom font designed to emulate the style of Keith Haring. The statement edition is one of my personal favorites in terms of design. C+C always appreciated. 

dVRWcDC.png

Q46lV5S.png

lr5Yb9S.png

l0NufYZ.png

qbzntYJ.png

rKmasuA.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jb1322 changed the title to NBA Redesigns | Utah Jazz (7/31/21)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.