NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

jb1322

I like the Cavs set. I agree that using black right now is very forced. I really like what you did with the guardians-style side panels, it's surprising that they haven't done something like that already.

My one critique is with the new C-sword logo. It feels unbalanced and I think simply tilting the C to the shape it is in the script would help a lot. Instead of making the C upwards-facing, you could focus on the feather being horizontal.

Other than that, the Community and Legacy are great too.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas Mavericks

The Dallas Mavericks have an aged look, and with the ushering in of a new era with future superstar Luka, it is time for a rebrand. Green makes it way back into the primary color scheme. The primary uni’s feature a design taken right from the Mavericks logo on the sides. The statement edition is a modernization of the vintage green uni’s.  The “Mavs” wordmark is equipped with a cowboy hat on the M as is the secondary logo on the shorts. The Dallas skyline is featured on the shorts waistband. The community edition is inspired by DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit). The sublimated design on the uni is inspired by a pattern seen at a DART station. The design on the sides takes elements from the DART train.  The legacy edition brings back the “Diddy uniform” but cleans it up to fit the modern era.

Association Edition:

zzcWyMs.png

Icon Edition:

ew6MiGw.png

Statement Edition:

2a7ntaO.png

Community Edition:

dBftAnb.png

Legacy Edition:

vYoRXom.png

Full Set:

MHi2RhP.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Uniform Concepts | Dallas Mavericks (11/19)

Denver Nuggets

It’s time for the skyline to make its return full time. For this rebrand, the Nuggets color scheme is navy, royal blue, iron red, and gold. The primary uniforms feature the skyline in its full glory, with a mountain design also on the shorts. The statement edition features the return of the rhombus design on the side panels. The statement feature navy mountains, as the primary uni shorts have mountains that match the uni color. The community edition represents the clear skies in Denver, which reflects colors more vividly. I was inspired for this uni after reading about the Hot Air Balloon rides in Colorado. It is also an ode to the moniker of “Mile High City”. The legacy edition is gold and is inspired by the previous golden statement uni worn by the Nuggets, but instead of blocks of color on the side panel, it features the same line design as the skyline. It also features the return of baby blue.

Association Edition:

pIGs0Hx.png

Icon Edition:

A9Wl7LQ.png

Statement Edition:

EiCaaqG.png

Community Edition:

9CVqKCZ.png

Legacy Edition:

An6eRns.png

Full Set:

lB7kG0u.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Uniform Concepts | Denver Nuggets (11/24)
9 hours ago, jb1322 said:

Denver Nuggets

It’s time for the skyline to make its return full time. For this rebrand, the Nuggets color scheme is navy, royal blue, iron red, and gold. The primary uniforms feature the skyline in its full glory, with a mountain design also on the shorts. The statement edition features the return of the rhombus design on the side panels. The statement feature navy mountains, as the primary uni shorts have mountains that match the uni color. The community edition represents the clear skies in Denver, which reflects colors more vividly. I was inspired for this uni after reading about the Hot Air Balloon rides in Colorado. It is also an ode to the moniker of “Mile High City”. The legacy edition is gold and is inspired by the previous golden statement uni worn by the Nuggets, but instead of blocks of color on the side panel, it features the same line design as the skyline. It also features the return of baby blue.

Association Edition:

pIGs0Hx.png

Icon Edition:

A9Wl7LQ.png

Statement Edition:

EiCaaqG.png

Community Edition:

9CVqKCZ.png

Legacy Edition:

An6eRns.png

Full Set:

lB7kG0u.png

This is probably the best Nuggets concept I've ever seen. The Rainbow Skyline works so well with the modern colors, and the mountains on the primaries and the diamond on the Statement are nice touches. That Legacy edition is beautiful, though.

10 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is probably the best Nuggets concept I've ever seen. The Rainbow Skyline works so well with the modern colors, and the mountains on the primaries and the diamond on the Statement are nice touches. That Legacy edition is beautiful, though.

Thank you! This means a lot to me as this is one of my favorite sets that I’ve created so far. 

Detroit Pistons

The Detroit Pistons sport one of the blandest looks in all of the NBA. For this set, I actually created the statement uniform first then worked backwards into creating a simplified version for the primary uniforms. I created a secondary logo with a flaming skull biting on a piston. The skull is a reference to the Bad Boy era. The primary logo now features a gear surrounding the ball to give it more character. The vintage wordmarks make a return but with the modern numbers. The community edition is inspired by the Hitsville House, which is where Motown Records ascended to stardom. The community edition features the return of the teal, hot rod red, black and gold. It features the horse ball on the shorts.

Association Edition:

5k75nE6.png

Icon Edition:

W68jhoG.png

Statement Edition:

3ixGLPX.png

Community Edition:

gDbeI7c.png

Legacy Edition:

Z6BgszL.png

Full Set:

zw2jDdg.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Uniforms | Detroit Pistons (12/1)
17 hours ago, jb1322 said:

Detroit Pistons

The Detroit Pistons sport one of the blandest looks in all of the NBA. For this set, I actually created the statement uniform first then worked backwards into creating a simplified version for the primary uniforms. I created a secondary logo with a flaming skull biting on a piston. The skull is a reference to the Bad Boy era. The primary logo now features a gear surrounding the ball to give it more character. The vintage wordmarks make a return but with the modern numbers. The community edition is inspired by the Hitsville House, which is where Motown Records ascended to stardom. The community edition features the return of the teal, hot rod red, black and gold. It features the horse ball on the shorts.

Association Edition:

5k75nE6.png

Icon Edition:

W68jhoG.png

Statement Edition:

3ixGLPX.png

Community Edition:

gDbeI7c.png

Legacy Edition:

Z6BgszL.png

Full Set:

zw2jDdg.png

The teal on the Legacy seems a little too bright, but other than that, this is another pretty good set.

The Pistons really suffer from one of the most boring sets in the league and you've found a good way to liven it up. I wonder what one more "zig" would look like on the lightning of the jerseys for the Association and Icon. I think having two "zigs" would definitely push the lightning idea more.

I also love the gear logo. Seems like such a no brainer with their current logo set.

Golden State Warriors

While I love the current Golden State uniforms, I wanted to try something new with elements of something old. The primary uniforms are inspired by the San Fran/Phila era uniforms for the wordmark while retaining the modern  bridge design on the shorts. The waistband on the shorts feature a cable car design. The statement edition features a golden version of the Warriors current logo on the chest look. The community edition is one of my favorite community editions designed so far. It honors the Filipino fanbase. With a Filipino design sublimated into the jersey, the flag can be seen unified with the Golden State logo. The Warriors “W” secondary logo has been modified to include elements of a Filipino design. The legacy edition is derived from the early 2000’s era with a revamped, modernized lightning bolt look not on the sides. The logo has been recolored to reflect an accurate color of the San Francisco bridge.

Association Edition:

uTUUuda.png

Icon Edition:

UPWMKih.png

Statement Edition:

Oq43ekX.png

Community Edition:

3bBdqDX.png

Legacy Edition:

sXnLvjP.png

Full Set: 

WGjdXiZ.jpg

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Uniforms | Golden State Warriors (12/9)

As a Filipino, that community edition is a good one. I got just a few comments though. The red and blue on the shorts' logos should be flipped since we're not at war, unless you want to emphasize the 'war' in the 'Warriors' name. Lastly, this one might not be a matter of life and death, but you can have three stars on every side panel on the jersey instead of just one. But other than the comments I just said, you got my thumbs-up on the community edition. 🇵🇭

For the rest of the uniforms, it's kinda refreshing to see a change of pace regarding the association and icon uniforms, while retaining the logo on the front of the statement jersey. While on the legacy uniform, at first I thought that the bridge on the logo should be gold instead of orange, but even if the bridge is not the Golden Gate Bridge, I kinda get it now and you wanna show some love to the fans in San Francisco.

With all that being said, keep up the good work! 😉

• 1 month later...

Houston Rockets

Between the holidays and the new semester starting, I have not been able to have much free time but I am getting into my new routine. Anyway, the next team up is the Houston Rockets. A new primary logo has been created which can be seen on the shorts. The rocket design reads "HOU" when turned sideways. The primary uni's as well as the statement are inspired by actual rocket designs. The community edition represents the Big Heart of Houston and symbolizes the Astrodome, which housed thousands of those displaced following Hurricane Katrina. The legacy edition features a blend of Houston's past uniforms.

Association Edition: 

WMKh6YX.png

Icon Edition:

2HlsKEV.png

Statement Edition:

WMNQcYb.png

Community Edition:

yzDZnmA.png

Legacy Edition:

Y6z6vqU.png

Full Set:

6QOHlzL.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

Archived