NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

jb1322

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Detroit Pistons currently have a bland identity, so I decided to take it back to one of their more under appreciated looks. The "Motown" community edition represents the blue collar identity that Detroit represents while incorporating a retro car side panel design.

uYRVIid.png

ZKlGPhl.png

pxnLaJt.png

4UkplYS.png

A87dXrd.png

tTkmd3i.png

The entire set is derived from the 2020-2021 city edition, which I believed breathed new life into the brand. The Community edition blends a few Memphis elements. The Hernando de Soto Bridge is behind the Memphis wordmark, which is directly inspired by the Memphis sign on Mud Island. Additionally, elements of Beale Street find their way onto the side panel and collar trim. The community edition is a Beale Street blue color. 

4OreJcG.png

TuxFbaJ.png

rarEuSe.png

AN3PpKl.png

NTyH1km.png

sN3J8aP.png

The Hornets rebrand incorporates more purple than their current set. The Community edition is a "Queen City" theme, with the flag of Charlotte on the waistband and the city's unofficial color, green, enhancing features of the uni. The Community edition features a new alternate logo, which is a hornet's nest with the abbreviation "CLT" on it.  

4VUkLvY.png 

9YWCf1a.png

EzuE7OS.png

lJ59zG4.png

BX5aAEg.png

fMi7Ny0.png

I like the concept you've got going here! The first three are really good, I only have two suggestions: I'd prefer if the pinstripes were a continuous line and not the dashes they are on the city jersey and I'd rather have "Charlotte" on one of the two primary jerseys rather than just on the alternates. The Statement is pretty good, it's a nice nod initial modern Hornets sets while also being better than it. While I fundamentally disagree with the Hornets having a black jersey, the design itself isn't bad, but the purple is really tough to see on the black. I really like that hornet's nest alternate logo, and in general the Community jersey is really solid. I understand why you added green, but it bleeds too much with the teal in my opinion. If you wanted to continue with the green, I'd suggest making the base of the jersey green, otherwise I'd remove it altogether. Great work, your designs have gotten a ton better since the last time I commented.

the user formerly known as cdclt

While the Spurs rock a pretty traditional look, the whole point of this thread is to shake up the status quo. I've taken that to the extreme with my Spurs rebrand and I'm expecting to be pretty polarizing but I stand by it. The statement edition is a uni to honor the military presence in San Antonio. The community edition is a "Day of the Dead" theme uni.

scGZMzl.png

KYj5yNF.png

17w0mTq.png

sHLAqSF.png

U2B8TXx.png

BdRhmBF.png

There a 3 feedbacks:

1 - Dude, making the shorts smaller than the jersey makes it looks like very weird (specially jersey). Try to make Shorts in same size. -1

2 - There a guy that already said it and i want to remember that you need to make it easy to eyes. That's very creative, yes, but is very exaggerated (like Spurs Community) and due of this, will be a --1 from review.

3 - The fonts need to be more bigger. -0.5

7.5/10 - All of these jerseys, including v1 and v2.

I'm sure you will improve a lot and you have a lot of potential for this. 

4 hours ago, Ukyo said:

There a 3 feedbacks:

1 - Dude, making the shorts smaller than the jersey makes it looks like very weird (specially jersey). Try to make Shorts in same size. -1

2 - There a guy that already said it and i want to remember that you need to make it easy to eyes. That's very creative, yes, but is very exaggerated (like Spurs Community) and due of this, will be a --1 from review.

3 - The fonts need to be more bigger. -0.5

7.5/10 - All of these jerseys, including v1 and v2.

I'm sure you will improve a lot and you have a lot of potential for this. 

Agreed on all 3, otherwise WOW

For the Rockets, I wanted a clean look while also giving them an identity that was not just another black and red team. I added a navy blue and a lighter blue into their color scheme. Additionally, I have created a new logo for Houston, which is a rocket that reads "HOU" when turned sideways. This can be seen on the sides of the shorts. The statement edition is the day edition, while the showtime version is the night edition. I like to think that the community edition is sort of a sunset version. I also just wanted to note that I had Harden on all of these jerseys before the Brooklyn trade was announced. Changing it to John Wall led to the idea of changing the copycat Pacers font on the numbers the Rockets currently use. 

2nSQXwz.png

JhbEdlA.png

l1i89HR.png

GMZuQsV.png

beFHvhN.png

8La8iH2.png

For the Utah Jazz, I decided to go bold and play into the elements of Utah. The Association edition honors the salt flats in Utah. The Icon edition represents the snowy mountains that Utah is famous for. The statement edition plays into the evergreen forests of Utah, while the showtime edition represents desert nights. The Community edition is inspired by the design of the redrock.

ofqDxNy.png

AByFJ6j.png

MAp2fr8.png

af7vojj.png

raefnjk.png

lE0cazb.png

Archived