NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

jb1322

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted Chicago to retain its timeless look while breathing in some modern elements. The statement edition is inspired by the flag of Chicago and has a new secondary logo on the shorts. The showtime edition marks the return of the red pinstripes. The community edition is derived from the vintage Chicago theater. The side panels are supposed to resemble theater curtains. 

nn75HzK.png

LRumMuX.png

I3dmIA5.png

n86C2UL.png

dc5A5h2.png

PSsdkok.png

2 hours ago, jb1322 said:

I wanted Chicago to retain its timeless look while breathing in some modern elements. The statement edition is inspired by the flag of Chicago and has a new secondary logo on the shorts. The showtime edition marks the return of the red pinstripes. The community edition is derived from the vintage Chicago theater. The side panels are supposed to resemble theater curtains. 

nn75HzK.png

LRumMuX.png

I3dmIA5.png

n86C2UL.png

dc5A5h2.png

PSsdkok.png

Looks awesome!

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wanted to remove all the unnecessary elements and colors the current T-Wolves have and get back to the basics. My goal was to create a clean, modern design that the T-Wolves have needed for years.  I eliminated blue from the color scheme, making green the primary and grey the secondary. The statement edition is a gray wolf theme.  The shorts bring back the classic tree design, which is the main element of the showtime edition. The community edition honors the Northern Lights that are visible in Minnesota while playing with the identity of Twin Cities.

McoIEZn.png

Ty3fIGm.png

ypRlOhU.png

E70A4Rd.png

RJ4JBzt.png

p0JxeeS.png

Minor nitpicks for the last 2, I think if you dropped the side panels on the home and away for Chicago its the perfect set. I love everything else you did with that, the script font is awesome, I just think the side panels aren't necessary. For Minnesota the only thing I don't like is the stacked Timberwolves word mark, I think the only thing I would change on that would be to simplify it down to just wolves. That would be the only minor changes to both, other than that I love what you did.

I am actually really pleased with how this Sacramento set came out. The King's current unis are just flat and I'm in the crowd that is against a jersey that has "SAC" in big letters across the front of it. The statement jersey is a modern reincarnation of the King's infamous half black half purple uni. The community edition honors Sacramento's place as the capital of California. 

pD4fuWx.png

6rJZXLR.png

lo3D06y.png

dNWrGZw.png

0Fy8rU4.png

FiatCLN.png

Kings design is nice and incorporating the "s" pattern design from their current Statement uniforms to the side panels is a great touch. The flipped lionball logo on the shorts of the Association, Icon and Showtime looks off, I would suggest using their main logo or the dribbling lion logo on both sides instead.

The Community Edition is well done and using the wayfinding signs of Sacramento was a nice touch. Mtd.esigns on Instagram did something very similar and I feel it could work on a jersey for the Kings.

Can see that you improved a lot and i'm happy for you!

Making easier for eyes is very important and you managed it a well. But the colours are crazy really and, it varies of people for people, so the colours couldn't be good for everyone.

(I'm not the expection, i don't think orange was necessary in Showtime Edition of Utah Jazz. Black would still be good colour for collars.) 

* Actually, i remembered that crazys designs could not be good in some jerseys, like Association Edition of Utah Jazz that you made with Salt flats; This would be better for City Edition, that have really a meaning/sense. I mean, City Edition is about honoring the city, artist or something relationed a city. So, that's why we see a lot of clean designs in Association/Icon NBA currently. 

But there still a trouble... Making shorts smaller than jersey. You make it looking we're in this era combined with current jerseys of today, that is bigger than it used to be in past.

In short, shirt sizes are the standard we know torday. And now the shorts look like they are stuck in the dinosaur era, which are smaller than today. 

On 2/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, Ukyo said:

Can see that you improved a lot and i'm happy for you!

Making easier for eyes is very important and you managed it a well. But the colours are crazy really and, it varies of people for people, so the colours couldn't be good for everyone.

(I'm not the expection, i don't think orange was necessary in Showtime Edition of Utah Jazz. Black would still be good colour for collars.) 

* Actually, i remembered that crazys designs could not be good in some jerseys, like Association Edition of Utah Jazz that you made with Salt flats; This would be better for City Edition, that have really a meaning/sense. I mean, City Edition is about honoring the city, artist or something relationed a city. So, that's why we see a lot of clean designs in Association/Icon NBA currently. 

But there still a trouble... Making shorts smaller than jersey. You make it looking we're in this era combined with current jerseys of today, that is bigger than it used to be in past.

In short, shirt sizes are the standard we know torday. And now the shorts look like they are stuck in the dinosaur era, which are smaller than today. 

Thank you again for the feedback. While I hope to tinker with the template in the future, there are already a few more sets in progress with the current template so I plan on finishing those before there are any adjustments. 

The Clippers are the afterthought of LA teams. The Lakers represent the classic LA, focused on vintage team history and the Hollywood aspect of LA. I wanted the Clippers to represent the other side of LA, focusing on the modern, more street look. Let the Lakers have Hollywood and the high expectations while the Clippers are gritty and in the streets working.  Their current set is bland. The Association and Icon uni's feature a map of LA on the side panels. The showtime edition has a barbed wire look. The community edition honors the Clippers home in Inglewood while focusing on the more nautical aspect of the team, with a wave pattern running throughout the uni.

ftOs4G9.png

tECc6z0.png

EIAmSaE.png

x1Rzso5.png 

e832DFu.png 

c9jp0Xl.png

The Warriors have a bit of a mashup of different era's blended with something new for this rebrand. I felt that the current identity revolved too heavily around the bridge and did not stand off enough as a Warrior identity. The cable car makes a return to the back of the jersey and the front of the cable car debuts as an alternate logo on the shorts. The community edition represents the Warrior's home in the Bay. 

QA1ulDW.png 

BBPhVTF.png

2HFOa2g.png

UVOwOrg.png 

InUvxFt.png

62fAgd1.png 

Two things: first, the two different blues are ultimately unnecessary and drag down the primary jerseys and second, I'd throw out any Native imagery. With so many teams rightfully moving away from them, the one team that was successfully been able to move away from Native imagery should not have it return in any way. I do really like the "Community" and its bridge striping, but I'm not a fan of the other four.

the user formerly known as cdclt

This is the first set with the modified template. I've increased the size of the shorts while adjusting overall proportions. The Orlando Magic's current branding is lackluster at best. I wanted something new and fresh that remained true to its roots. The Orlando Magic are a team in a city with amusement parks, clubs and other eye-catching attractions so they need to represent the vibrance of the city. The two primary uni's feature the classic pinstripes with a starry pattern on the side panels. The community edition is inspired by the flag of Orlando. 

zg06fqI.png

KJshbCl.png

BGRp9nk.png

6wqeAwQ.png

qB4DGjl.png 

434PeLM.png

Love everything about Orlando, especially that black alt with the full sublimated pattern. Only thing that stands out like a sore thumb is the AC/DC font 🤣, I feel like that doesn't really match the brand and the kinda cartoon-y word marks and designs they've always had. I would even prefer the Shaq/penny era fonts, could really cap off what is a great set other wise. Good work

Archived