Sign in to follow this  
CaliforniaGlowin

Logos/branding/uniforms that you loved at first sight?

Here's mine:

First Miami Heat Vice

Long Island University Sharks

Columbia Fireflies

Great Falls Voyagers

Big 3 Aliens

New Chargers look

San Jose Sharks

Baylor basketball neon

Los Angeles Astra

The original Charlotte Hornets logo. Saw it on a t-shirt when I was 10, fell in love with the logo and colours and decided on the spot that they were going to be the team I supported. 

30 years on and I still love that logo,even the team has caused a fair bit of anguish...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers original switch to pewter, red and black

Seattle Pilots (when I saw baseball cards as a card . . . I was alive in 1969, but only turned two that summer)

Houston Astros rainbow guts (because it seemed really cool when I was 7 . . . tastes change)

The original Miami Heat logo and uniforms.  The logo might have been a bit simplistic but those uniforms are still my favorite Heat uniforms ever and among my favorite NBA uniforms ever.

The original Wild uniforms.  In hindsight, I think they overused gold and I generally prefer where the uniforms are now.

Like Leopard 88 above, the Rainbow guts.  Those existed prior to my memory, but when I first saw them (probably on a card) I was hooked. They did not maintain their place in my heart.

The Bengals tiger-striped helmets.  They've been #1 among NFL helmets ever since.

St. Louis Blues first look after dumping the asymmetrical uniform with red trim. Still my favorite in team history. Same with the Seahawks "slate" uniforms. Same with the 1990s Vikings uniform with the logo on the sleeve.

1991(ish?) Orioles standing bird.  Happy Bird has always been a bad piece of an otherwise great look for me.

Milwaukee Bucks Green/Purple. It replaced my favorite look in team history, but I liked it.  It really did not hold up for me in the long run.

30 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The Bengals tiger-striped helmets.  They've been #1 among NFL helmets ever since.

1991(ish?) Orioles standing bird.  Happy Bird has always been a bad piece of an otherwise great look for me.

I'll second the Bengals helmets.

The Orioles rebrand was in 1989,

Orlando Thunder

London Monarchs

Seattle Kraken

New York Cityhawks

Much as it pains me to say it, the Cowboys' double stars

Dallas Desperados

Nashville Kats (the originals, the second Kats looked like bad Titans ripoffs)

9 hours ago, Discrim said:

Orlando Thunder

London Monarchs

Seattle Kraken

New York Cityhawks

Much as it pains me to say it, the Cowboys' double stars

Dallas Desperados

Nashville Kats (the originals, the second Kats looked like bad Titans ripoffs)

I'll second this one.  I love the color scheme and the M-crown logo is brilliant.

For the uninitiated . . . 

spacer.pngspacer.png

While we're at it, I'll add the New York/New Jersey Knights . . . the opponents in the first picture, and see below.

spacer.png