Logos/branding/uniforms that you loved at first sight?

Recent

Vegas Golden Knights

Seattle Kraken

San Antonio Spurs (2020-21 City Jersey only, almost wanted to buy one even as a Rockets fan)

Chicago Bulls

North Carolina (the Starter Jackets were everywhere)

And1 (they were also everywhere)

As a Kid

Houston's Original NFL team

Cleveland Browns (Dem orange pants)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Championship set)

Houston Astros (1980's Racing Stripes, 1994-99 Navy and Gold)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2020 at 9:52 PM, greyraven8 said:

The original WHA uniform tops the look for the Nordiques in my book.

That's a bad book! The crest was all misshapen and there was way too much red.

I loved the Utah Jazz redesign in '96. There was something exciting about that color palette. I miss it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, the admiral said:

That's a bad book! The crest was all misshapen and there was way too much red.

I loved the Utah Jazz redesign in '96. There was something exciting about that color palette. I miss it.

I can see making a case for the logo not being the best one or even the jersey, but that whole uniform (from head to toe) I like a lot.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Thinking back to new identities I remember being unveiled in my lifetime, none struck me more than the Florida Marlins. I loved everything about their look from the logo to the uniforms. As a 13-year old casual Cubs fan, I bought a couple Marlins hats and even a Marlins lamp for my nightstand in my bedroom. It’s a shame what that brand has become now.

spacer.png
spacer.png

gYH2mW9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I lived in Portland, Maine for a couple of years and my dad's company had season tickets to the Flyers' AHL affiliate Maine Mariners. Although I was too young to understand anything about hockey or sports, I loved the branding, always associated the orange and black colors with the NHL (the NHL logo, All Star game uniforms, Flyers) and the parent club Flyers became my NHL team for life.

spacer.png

Looking back at the original branding of the team, I still love it. The original orange and black logo took the colors and the orange puck/dot from the Flyers and the winged P motif and transformed it into a clever M with a similar line thickness and strokes, while integrating the nautical Ship's Wheel around the central orange dot.

Somewhere along the line and well after my family left Portland, the Mariners became the affiliate of the Bruins, so they simply changed the orange in the logo to yellow, and as much as I didn't like the Bruins, I remember being oddly fascinated by the logo and kinda liked how it worked, even in enemy colors. Thinking about it, the Ship's Wheel at the center of the logo relates pretty well to the spiked hub of their new parent team.

As for the new team with the same name as the old franchise, I can't say much about it.

The logos for the old and new Maine Mariners

Archived