Georgia's helmets: shade of red

_RH_

Maybe this is a lighting / camera issue, but would you call Georgia's helmets "just plain red"?  I've always felt like they have a touch of orange / pink, and just curious what the history there is.  This video has some pretty good closeups that show it:

(searching for images also makes me realize how few red helmets there are in college football!)  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdH8oybYj83aDhlMBWWsrimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcSOgbTgS6UwCzLiei35V

Arkansas-vs-Georgia.jpg

PHOTOS: Georgia Bulldogs vs. Arkansas Razorbacks 2020 – First Half

Am I crazy?  Is it the white stripe that makes it look lighter?

NCAA sets six-week practice plan for football

Georgia Bulldogs Continue Preseason Practice

usatsi_7362039.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

P.S. the other thing that bugs me is that their jerseys/pants never strike me as "not normal red" like the helmets, yet they don't really mismatch either.  What the heck? Georgia Football: Are these Dawgs man enough to break the Bama streak?

spacer.png

Georgia's red is slightly more orange and a bit brighter than the standard red/scarlet used by many teams. Texas Tech uses the same shade of red as Georgia, but I think their red helmets use metallic paint so they don't look the same.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Georgia's red is definitely a bit paler than standard red. Also has a bit of a choral hue. A lot of it, however, does depend on the lighting and the camera. I wouldn't quite call it "cherry red" but it's darn near close. Maybe "raspberry red"

Do they paint their shells or do they use the standard injected poly and it's just a stock red? They may have also changed over time but I am not sure.

Archived