Logos and Uniforms that Remind You of Something Else

The old thread was locked so I decided to start a new one.

When I was a boy, I religiously watched the Sing Along tapes the Disney used to put out. One volume in particular, Heigh Ho, was the only way I saw any footage of Snow White before the full movie came out on tape around '94ish.

Anyways, during the Heigh-Ho song, after Dopey locks the door to the mine vault, the Hi-Ho-Hum lyrics that zoomed in on the viewer towards the end of the song had this woodcarving font that reminded me of what the 49ers used to have.

Ca6mkeH.png

apI1nxb.png\

SMWdYJS.png

73d510dd66eb1a700897d3d72ce79e79.png

4 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Yes I do see the resemblance. Do you remember if that was used by the city's chamber of commerce, the tourism board or the city?

Officially, it's the city's logo, but it's been lent to the board of tourism to use in marketing. The city is super stingy with letting private enterprises use the logo, it was only available for retail officially for the first time last year through 704shop, despite its first appearance in the '70s. I don't think the chamber of commerce has used it, though they might have at some point.

the user formerly known as cdclt

7 minutes ago, QCS said:

Officially, it's the city's logo, but it's been lent to the board of tourism to use in marketing. The city is super stingy with letting private enterprises use the logo, it was only available for retail officially for the first time last year through 704shop, despite its first appearance in the '70s. I don't think the chamber of commerce has used it, though they might have at some point.

I do remember seeing the crown on the Coliseum court whenever the old Hornets would pop up on SportsCenter.

• 9 months later...

Archived