New logos for The Spring League

CaliforniaGlowin

I'm unfamiliar with this league. I see, much like its predecessors, it brought out some retread head coaches (Ted Cottrell, Jerry Glanville) and a rotation of washout former QBs looking for a second chance.

Is it being run similar to that outdoor lacrosse league that has a bunch of team brands but no affiliated cities? 

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm unfamiliar with this league. I see, much like its predecessors, it brought out some retread head coaches (Ted Cottrell, Jerry Glanville) and a rotation of washout former QBs looking for a second chance.

Is it being run similar to that outdoor lacrosse league that has a bunch of team brands but no affiliated cities? 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

lol The Spring League, debuting in October...

This league is going to last three weeks, if that much...

24 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Some of those names, yikes. "Jousters" ha

The Spring League is less a league and more like an expanded combine.

https://www.thespringleague.com/

It's been running for a few years now, and since they couldn't play this spring they are playing catch up now. They normally rotate through Austin and other college towns as a way to get players film for the NFL. The AAF and XFL have used it to see how their rules would work before they started their respective seasons. 

https://xflboard.com/xfl-board/viewtopic.php?t=2926

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/the-spring-league-oct-nov-2020-schedule-details/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

That Generals logo looks so familiar. Like I swear it belonged to a team in startup league a few years ago. Can someone confirm this?

"Used" for the New Jersey Generals A-11 Football League was which proposed earlier this decade. 

Definitely has a New Jersey Generals USFL vibe...but I guess a lot of the teams of the A11 used USFL team names.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-11_Football_League

This site below has the whole concept for the Generals:

https://gridironlabs.com/a11fl-new-jersey-generals-brand-identity

caf07bb3-a50a-42eb-891a-c4eb99c63dc8_rw_1920.png?h=af0f3f257aa53f5d662a57109426156b

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That bright green really pops for the Alphas, and is applied at just the right amount. I love it! 

And shouldn’t the shield on the Jousters’ helmet be slanted forwards toward the front of the helmet, rather than towards the back? That’s throwing me off and seems like it’s retreating rather than charging. Otherwise I really like the purple shell.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

And shouldn’t the shield on the Jousters’ helmet be slanted forwards toward the front of the helmet, rather than towards the back? That’s throwing me off and seems like it’s retreating rather than charging.

There are two different decals on the Jesters' helmets, one for each side.

fUqW1Rom.jpg?1 NiAQ0kmm.jpg?1

If the decals were swapped, the respective shields would both be slanted forwards as though "charging" towards the front of the helmet. It may be that decals were applied to the wrong sides of the pictured helmet. Such a scenario would seem to make more sense, as the checkerboard portion of the shield is situated away from the leading edge of the shield in the team's primary mark (given that the logo reads left to right).

0Ukr4nMm.jpg?1

4 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

There are two different decals on the Jesters' helmets, one for each side.

fUqW1Rom.jpg?1 NiAQ0kmm.jpg?1

If the decals were swapped, the respective shields would both be slanted forwards as though "charging" towards the front of the helmet. It may be that decals were applied to the wrong sides of the pictured helmet. 

That would also probably help avoid applying the decals over the air holes in the helmet. 

The Spring League Kicks Off 2020 Fall Season With New Teams, Logos

October 27, 2020 - 17:05 PM

The Spring League, a developmental football league that serves as a showcase for NFL scouts, kicked off its fifth season this afternoon at the Alamodome in San Antonio.  Though somewhat confusing based on the name, the league opted to play this fall after the coronavirus pandemic cut short its spring

Read More...

Randomly looking through my channel guide and see The Spring League Football airing on Fs1. Decided to give it a looksy.

Watching Generals vs Conquerors. Not a fan of either teams' logos or uniforms. Feels like I've seen both those logos as create a team options on old PS2 era sports games. Seems like neither of these teams should be wearing white pants, but they are. The white pants just look out of place against the jerseys. Even against the white jerseys the Generals are wearing, red would look way better IMO.

Just saw the refs uniforms. Ick! Why do league find it necessary for the officials to look fancy? They just need to stick out from the players on the field. Keep it simple>

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Is this the first year TSL has had real logos, names, and uniforms like a real league. I remember it just being a training ground for players trying to get into the pros. They played games, but I don’t remember it looking this “professional.”

It’s also hilarious they call their refs a tiger crew instead of a zebra crew.

Archived