NFL Stadium Video

BBTV

Saw this link on UW and it's fantastic.  One of the best things on Youtube. Not only is there history of every venue ever, but there's some incredibly old footage.  It's long, so I only watched it for a few teams, but I couldn't believe the footage they had of the really old Eagles games, and there's more like that.  Love the history of the Dawg Pound, and the clip of Sam Wyche yelling at the crowd.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, QCS said:

Aaaaaaand it's been struck down by the NFL. Dammit.

I'm watching more of it right now....

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/21/2020 at 10:09 PM, BBTV said:

Saw this link on UW and it's fantastic.  One of the best things on Youtube. Not only is there history of every venue ever, but there's some incredibly old footage.  It's long, so I only watched it for a few teams, but I couldn't believe the footage they had of the really old Eagles games, and there's more like that.  Love the history of the Dawg Pound, and the clip of Sam Wyche yelling at the crowd.

I'm looking forward to watching this.

From the bottom left of the thumbnail/screenshot, I very distinctly remember the plane crashing into Memorial Stadium in Baltimore since I was 9 at the time.  The Steelers had just beaten the Colts 40-14 in a playoff game when it happened.  If the game had been closer, there may still have been people exiting the stadium at the time.  Instead, the upper deck was empty, so no one was hurt except the pilot.

Also, if you watch the video, I used to have the t-shirt the guy is wearing at the beginning of the Colts segment.  It said "We Will Arrive in '75" . . . which turned out to be right.  The Colts went from 2-12 to 10-4 and won the AFC East.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/21/2020 at 11:45 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

But I've never heard anyone refer to Gillette Stadium as "The Razor".  

I think a member of the Boston sports media called it that, but it never caught on.  It seemed "forced" on their part, like they were trying to create a catch phrase.  Lame

That was a great video. Super informative, I learned a lot about older stadiums as a younger fan. The touches on fan culture was great as well, only thing missing was a nod to Sweet Caroline for the Panthers. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 1 month later...

Archived