New Jersey Nets Logo Package Concepts (1997-98)

Hey all, So I was doing a random search online for the New Jersey Nets old early 90s wordmark and I stumbled upon some conceptual logos for 1997 Nets Identity Change/Exploration Logos. I've never seen anyone talk about these. Does anyone know about them? They're all pretty horrible to me. FYI: If there's still a thread for unrealized logos, just add this post to it.

spacer.png

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Yeah those are bad. But, at least it's not this ...

swamp-dragons-logoset.png

Lol this had some potential

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Yeah, they made the right call regarding what they went with... interesting that one of these looks like an inverted Knicks ripoff.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Seems like the upper left option is the one they went with, that eventually got turned into what we saw as the final product. It was definitely the right choice. 

Intrigued by the swamp dragon influenced option at the bottom left. Looks more like a toad though than a dragon. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Intrigued by the swamp dragon influenced option at the bottom left. Looks more like a toad though than a dragon. 

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a devil, actually. You know, since they shared an arena with the New Jersey Devils. ;) 

Archived