Telemundo219

New Jersey Nets Logo Package Concepts (1997-98)

Hey all, So I was doing a random search online for the New Jersey Nets old early 90s wordmark and I stumbled upon some conceptual logos for 1997 Nets Identity Change/Exploration Logos. I've never seen anyone talk about these. Does anyone know about them? They're all pretty horrible to me. FYI: If there's still a thread for unrealized logos, just add this post to it.

spacer.png

I love that an internet-themed logo was on the table, lol. And that top right one is definitely too similar to the Nerf logo.

Some of those could've had potential, but what the Nets ended up with in '97 was much better.

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Yeah those are bad. But, at least it's not this ...

swamp-dragons-logoset.png

Lol this had some potential

I have this exact Nets prototype logos picture saved on phone and have no idea why I've never deleted it.

Most of these are extremely 1997

Yeah, they made the right call regarding what they went with... interesting that one of these looks like an inverted Knicks ripoff.

Seems like the upper left option is the one they went with, that eventually got turned into what we saw as the final product. It was definitely the right choice. 

Intrigued by the swamp dragon influenced option at the bottom left. Looks more like a toad though than a dragon. 

3 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Intrigued by the swamp dragon influenced option at the bottom left. Looks more like a toad though than a dragon. 

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a devil, actually. You know, since they shared an arena with the New Jersey Devils. ;) 

Nothing has been more 1997 than concepts Nos. 4 and 7 up there

Edit: except 8!

Now that we know that these were the possibilities, it's much easier to see how they ended up with that awful logo in 1997.

Top-Right logo; I can’t unsee it saying “NERF” instead of “NETS” at every quick glance that I make at it.