CROSSOVER: What if European fans created a baseball league? LONDON GUNNERS ADDED

Josef_Bretones

Hi again, everybody.
Now if I have artwork to show so I relaunch this project:

What would UEFA Champions League teams look like if their fans organized a minor league baseball? My intention is to take the twenty teams that have played in the UCL final since 1993 (first final in the Champions League format) and create a concept with each one according to the nickname of their fans. Not all teams have a nickname so I have had to invent some of them. And for others I still don't have a name.

These are the teams chosen in alphabetical order and his nicknames (in parentheses the years they played final and in bold when they were champions):

Ajax (1995,1996) De Godenzonen.

Arsenal (2006) The Gunners.

Atlético de Madrid (2014, 2016) Los Colchoneros.

Barcelona (1994, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2015) Los Culés.

Bayer Leverkusen (2002) ¿?

Bayern München (1999, 2001, 2012, 2013, 2020) Die Roten.

Borussia Dortmund (1997, 2013) Die Bienen.

Chelsea (2008, 2012) The Blue Lions.

Inter Milan (2010)  I Biscione.

Juventus (1996, 1997, 1998, 2003, 2015, 2017) Le Zebre.

Liverpool (2005, 2007, 2018, 2019): The Livebirds.

Manchester United (1999, 2008, 2009, 2011) The Red Devils.
Milan (1993, 1994, 1995, 2003, 2005, 2007) ¿? 

Monaco (2004) ¿?

Olympique Marseille (1993) ¿?

Paris Saint-Germain (2020) ¿?

Porto (2004) Os Dragóes.

Real Madrid (1998, 2000, 2002, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018) Los Merengues.

Tottenham (2019): The Spurs.

Valencia (2000, 2001) Los Murciélagos.

I want to make several clarifications:
The nickname of Chelsea fans is The Blues and Liverpool fans are The Reds. I have modified it for this occasion because it seemed convenient to me. The Borussia Dortmund fans' nickname is Die Schwarzgelben (the black-yellows) and I thought it was also convenient to call them Die Bienen (the bees) because it made my job easier. I have only kept the nickname of the Bayern fans, Die Roten (the reds) because I had a very specific idea.

To start I want to show you the logo of the league. My intention is to adapt to a minor league baseball style.

CCSLC-EFBL-LOGO-1.jpg

CCSLC-EFBL-LOGO-2.jpg

I accept suggestions for the missing nicknames.

Constructive comments and criticism are welcome.
Thank you very much!

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

Uh, nice stuff here! I'll be following this.

If I'm not mistaken Bayer Leverkusen was founded by workers of the Bayer chemistry and pharmaceutical plant. I know that the team is in fact nicknamed Die Aspirin by some and was originally called Verkself (factory team). Now those nicknames are not the greatest, but maybe could get you into something.

Milan is usually referred to in Italy as Il Diavolo (the devil), but here you have the problem that is too similar to Manchester Utd. Maybe you could try with Crusaders (in italian would be I Crociati) or something on this line, as the symbol of the city of Milan is the cross of St. George (that is also present in the teams' crest). Milan supporters used to be named Casciavit (Milanese dialect for Screwdrivers) as they historically came from working class backgrounds, but this is no more true.

Monaco is a difficult one, I'd go with something like Princes or Royalty to use what Monaco is really famous for (other than heaps of money).

Concerning the other names I just have to note that Inter should be I Biscioni, not Le Biscioni, as it is a masculine noun.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Thank you very much for your comment and for your suggestions. It's true that I was considering using Die Aspirin for Leverkusen so I think I'll finally choose that identity. Tone note of the nickname of the Inter Milan: I Biscioni. Monaco I have thought of using something related to the luxury of the city since its inhabitants are tremendously rich. I like I Crociati for Milan. Thanks for your suggestions. I hope to be at height.

Hello everyone.

We start with the first team alphabetically:

The Amsterdam Godenzonen. The team that Ajax Amsterdam fans have founded for this league. Here you can see how I will present all the teams: main logo, two cap logos and two wordmarks. All teams present two uniforms (since it is a low budget league) and the uniform to play away from home will always be black (emulating MLB and changing gray for black).

01-GODENZONEN-EFBL-CCSLC-1.jpg

01-GODENZONEN-EFBL-CCSLC-2.jpg

Constructive comments and criticism are welcome. I hope you like it.

Good morning to all.

We continue with the following baseball team: the one that would be founded by Arsenal FC fans: The London Gunners.

This time I have opted for a roundel style logo very common in today's sports design. I have used red and burgundy as base colors. As I have planned the away kit is in black. In this case the cap logo is the 'G' for Gunners (I have many cities with the letter L). It is designed from scratch by me, without using any reference sources.

02-GUNNERS-EFBL-CCSLC-1.jpg

02-GUNNERS-EFBL-CCSLC-2.jpg

I hope you like it. As always: constructive comments and criticisms are welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Certainly a unique idea for a series here! You're off to a good start.

I agree with @DukeofChutney about the arm on Ajax's logo, which otherwise looks great! I don't like that the pants stripes and sleeve stripes use the same design but totally different colors, though. Also, it would be cool to use the Amsterdam flag Xs somewhere (a black & red cap to replace the A cap? As part of the sleeve striping?)

As for the Gunners, you might get rid of the baseballs on the logo (maybe replace with the ermines from the old Arsenal logo?) I'm not also really feeling the burgundy, which you might replace with gold, silver, or just more red. That said the vest jersey is excellent, and the curved wordmarks are great! You also might consider having the cannon on the second cap rather than another G.

Anyways, good work! I know you don't have them planned, but I'd love to see Roma or Galatasaray's colors on a baseball jersey... Either way, I look forward to seeing Valencia & Porto.

Hello again.

Thank you very much for your comments @vtgco and @DukeofChutney.

I have tried to make the Greek hero's arm stronger for the Godenzonen. I think I've made it, I don't know what it will look like.

On the other hand I liked the suggestions for the London Gunners. I have fused red and burgundy to get a dark red color and I have combined it with gold. I think that the exchange of the balls for the ermines of the old Arsenal crest is sensational, I would not have thought of it! Thanks a lot! I have decided to change the logo of the away cap.

I will not make any more changes to the Godenzonen Amsterdam so it is not necessary for you to update your uniforms. However tomorrow I will post the changes to the London Gunners uniforms.

01-GODENZONEN-EFBL-CCSLC-1b.jpg

02-GUNNERS-EFBL-CCSLC-1b.jpg

I hope you like it.

Archived