pitt6pack

GSL - The Gridiron Uniform Database Simulation League (Concepts Only)

13 minutes ago, jbird669 said:

Wow, that's very detailed. Thank you for sharing! Can I ask, how do you determine the team's strengths on each side of the ball? Is that based on 2012 stats?

Well, I don't use the 2012 stats for anything GSL related. Team strengths are random. You may notice that strengths range from 1 to 6, so that's as simple as rolling a die to get each offensive and defensive strength. With the GSL, for parity, I intend to give each team completely new strengths at the beginning of each year, instead of basing strengths off the previous season, which would be an easy thing to do.

Changes I've though about, would be having variable team strengths throughout the year. For instance, before each week, there could be a 5% chance that a teams offensive or defensive strength could change. This could reflect injuries on a team, or other teams figuring out an offensive game plan, for a lowering ranking, or, on the flip side, the offense or defense could just start clicking, or trades could be beneficial, or rookies start making an impact. Things like that. I would like to find a way to incorporate this somehow, because it is more realistic. As a Steelers fan, I've seen the Steelers defense decimated by injuries (using safeties as inside linebackers), and an offense that everyone has figured out. A better simulation would have to account for things like that.

The 2021 season is approaching, and with the number of teams, I will be splitting the league into two conferences, Eastern and Western.

I've also created playoff logos as well.

NfMCzf4.png

A couple of new league logos for the 2021 season.

First, the 2021 Gridiron Bowl (formally Gridiron Bowl I).

This logo was created for the league by @logoroy

gridir10.png

And the week before the Gridiron Bowl, will be the GSL All-Star game, also in New Orleans. This logo, I created, following the same color scheme as the Gridiron Bowl log (which is intended for each All-Star game logo moving forward).

gHq6hKk.png

Logo on color:

HBjo0x4.png

Everything about this project is top notch! May have to get my hat into this arena. You need to be hired to do the Super Bowl logos, and return them to their colorful past, not this dreck we have now. 

I appreciate it. A lot of work has gone into the GSL so far, from the owners, and myself (much coding work had to be done, that's for sure).

As far as Super Bowl logos go, really, @logoroy's work has been exceptional over the years. His Super Bowl XLIX concept is actually what got me to join the forums here initially, and butterfly effect, I wouldn't have joined the Gridiron Uniforms Database if I didn't start with field concepts here, and without the GUD, there'd be no GSL. But @logoroy's concepts for having good Super Bowl logos is why I asked him to design the Gridiron Bowl logos. If you haven't seen his past concepts, they are definitely worth taking a look at.

20 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

I appreciate it. A lot of work has gone into the GSL so far, from the owners, and myself (much coding work had to be done, that's for sure).

As far as Super Bowl logos go, really, @logoroy's work has been exceptional over the years. His Super Bowl XLIX concept is actually what got me to join the forums here initially, and butterfly effect, I wouldn't have joined the Gridiron Uniforms Database if I didn't start with field concepts here, and without the GUD, there'd be no GSL. But @logoroy's concepts for having good Super Bowl logos is why I asked him to design the Gridiron Bowl logos. If you haven't seen his past concepts, they are definitely worth taking a look at.

I definitely will. Thanks!

GSL International Series

yJuk5Z6.png

CJ5cEgo.png

4za0qxw.png

08ybvhH.png

bj9PxbV.png

Field for this game courtesy of @SFCOM1 

TLRGfyr.png

Team logos and designs belong to their respective GSL team owners