Professional League baseball

raysox

For those of you that know me, you know i'm huuuuge into Out of the Park Baseball. I had an itch to create a fictional league, and let the league develop and expand while I sit back and press sim. The league started in 1965, and I've simmed 5 whole seasons. But of course, the Sports Fan Fiction board was blown to rubble so i'm not here to share that side of it!

I branded my teams! The first 10 teams were in large and growing markets for the 60s, and I'll rebrand accordingly. Most of the names are spiritual precursors to the first fake league I started on OOTP in 2014. But that league didn't have nearly as many big markets, so for them I tried to be pretty straight forward with their names that would make sense, and fit the time period.

Houston Saturns

EjxlBU5WkAEbbdi?format=png&name=4096x409

Golden Gatekeepers

Ej7QkwoXYAAMdHD?format=png&name=4096x409

New York Lancers

EkLfcqHXcAIYn-U?format=png&name=4096x409

Los Angeles Suns

OOTP-League-Los-Angeles-Suns.png

Boston Bulldogs

Ekf_6jjW0AAmAUN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Washington Admirals

Ekf_6jfXUAAhlUn?format=png&name=4096x409

Detroit Mechanics

EkYss6UXcAgZZ9g?format=png&name=4096x409

Chicago Falcons

EkZQKNxXYAA-Xu6?format=png&name=4096x409

Philadelphia Keystones

EkI1B3dWAAIAKDj?format=png&name=4096x409

Toronto Darts

EkArymTXkAAoKma?format=png&name=4096x409

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 1969, I decided to expand from 10 teams to 14. 

Atlanta Peaches

EkolhjGWAAcd18F?format=png&name=4096x409

Minnesota Loons

EkolhkeXEAcJ6bu?format=png&name=4096x409

Kansas City Thunder

EkolhkHW0AIGsiY?format=png&name=4096x409

Dallas Toros

EkolhjqXEAQu-cd?format=png&name=4096x409

So I guess i'll keep this active as the game expands! I had more trouble sourcing names than making the brands, so now I'll have this to post on. I could also elaborate on some of the brands above if anyone is curious.

59 minutes ago, raysox said:

In 1969, I decided to expand from 10 teams to 14. 

Atlanta Peaches

EkolhjGWAAcd18F?format=png&name=4096x409

Minnesota Loons

EkolhkeXEAcJ6bu?format=png&name=4096x409

Kansas City Thunder

EkolhkHW0AIGsiY?format=png&name=4096x409

Dallas Toros

EkolhjqXEAQu-cd?format=png&name=4096x409

So I guess i'll keep this active as the game expands! I had more trouble sourcing names than making the brands, so now I'll have this to post on. I could also elaborate on some of the brands above if anyone is curious.

nice

I’d go more in depth because this series, like any of your OOTP threads, is what I love to see, but I’m at work. Just needed to stop by and let you know I give the Bay Area stamp of approval to that Golden Gatekeepers team. This is a name I’ve advocated for when someone asks for SF ideas since I started kicking around on this site.  Love the colors, absolutely stunning!

Was appreciating how 60’s the Suns looked before I even read that was the period. This is fabulous, and way too good to be limited to just hats. Uniforms, programs, etc. whatever you feel like making, make. This is good stuff.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

Was appreciating how 60’s the Suns looked before I even read that was the period. This is fabulous, and way too good to be limited to just hats. Uniforms, programs, etc. whatever you feel like making, make. This is good stuff.

hah, thanks. I planned to do uniforms but the view of player headshots in game cut right under the neck so I didn’t even end up using the scripts I made. Maybe one day.

2 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I’d go more in depth because this series, like any of your OOTP threads, is what I love to see, but I’m at work. Just needed to stop by and let you know I give the Bay Area stamp of approval to that Golden Gatekeepers team. This is a name I’ve advocated for when someone asks for SF ideas since I started kicking around on this site.  Love the colors, absolutely stunning!

the suggestion was “I’ve always liked the name Gatekeepers for a sports team” with no reference to SF. It really came together once I decided Golden was a good fit for the era. Although the game is none too happy saying “X player is staying in Golden”

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Wow the Minnesota Loons hat is great! I’d love too see a full uniform set for all of these!!

Thanks! I liked stepping out with a unique color wheel hat. Definitely sets them apart. This name is from my 2014 series I mentioned, but they had the same colors as Minnesota United. Thought I’d get more outdoorsy with this.

The first rebrand is here!

So Boston, and Washington both have 3 titles. Golden Gatekeepers have 2. Detroit, and Toronto have made the playoffs somewhat regularly, while Philadelphia's lone playoff run was the last of the single playoff series between the top teams in the league. New York broke their playoff drought in 1972, because they act like the anti-yankees. Chicago and Los Angeles both haven't made the playoffs yet, but have been mid tier the entire time. The expansion teams are still finding their footing.

Then who does that leave, you may ask? Houston has a single season they finished at 500. They refuse to fully rebuild. Maybe a new logo could help, since the 70s are upon us in this save. Here is my semi-futuristic Mariners inspired rebrand. Kept the lowercase H, but lightened up both colors and made it a little more stylistic.
OOTP-League-1972-Houston-Saturns.png

On 11/8/2020 at 6:34 AM, teeray01 said:

Great start on this league.  Would love to see more!  Minnesota Loons and Toronto Darts are my favorites so far.

Gotta tell the game to expand!

I'm waiting for an expansion team to make the playoffs first before I manually bump it to 16, so there just isn't even more bad teams in the league. Dallas and Kansas City seem like they're in the ballpark of going 500. Atlanta and Minnesota are still trying to rebuild through the draft, but that hasnt worked yet. Every time Atlanta gets the first overall pick, it's a pitcher draft. They should be set there but their lineup is garbage.

In game i'm going into year 10 of the league, year 6 of the expansion teams. Some cities on my short list are

-Baltimore (cause I like the name Charms)

-Denver

-Seattle

-Miami (which admittedly wouldn't be as good as @Waffles fantasy baseball brand, where he picked a perfect name and color scheme)

I'm totally open to name suggestions if they're reasonable and the thread doesnt become one of those threads where it's nothing but lists of the same nicknames over and over (I can only see the name Cleveland Rockers so many times.)

Everything here so far is top-notch. The names, the colors, the wordmarks, the logos, everything is perfect. I'm a bit curious as to why you chose Bulldogs as a nickname for Boston, It definitely works with the alliteration and color scheme, but the name seems a bit generic for such a historical city. As for name suggestions, I'd love to see a 70's style design for Seattle, preferably with the name Emeralds. Kelly green and white or double green would look amazing. I understand that it's not the most original suggestion, but it would certainly work for the time period, and I'd love to see where you go with it. Great job so far!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

7 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Everything here so far is top-notch. The names, the colors, the wordmarks, the logos, everything is perfect. I'm a bit curious as to why you chose Bulldogs as a nickname for Boston, It definitely works with the alliteration and color scheme, but the name seems a bit generic for such a historical city. As for name suggestions, I'd love to see a 70's style design for Seattle, preferably with the name Emeralds. Kelly green and white or double green would look amazing. I understand that it's not the most original suggestion, but it would certainly work for the time period, and I'd love to see where you go with it. Great job so far!

So my thinking was the 60s still had a fair share of "normie" team names coming out. Off the top of my head you have some like the Kings, Cowboys, and Bulls in various different leagues. Boston and Chicago were two of the last ones I did and I was thinking I needed to reign in a little with the names to have a fair mix of hyper specific to the city team names, and just plain-Jane sports names. Originally I had the Boston Beacons in my head, which carried over from a previous concept series for what it's worth.

Thanks for the suggestion too! I actually did that concept last night for Seattle, and will post it here in the next few days.

That Bucks logo is SICK! Love the all red hat with it too.

The Gatekeepers is such a great name and concept. Not sure if you're looking for input, but I think you could push the Golden Gate motif a bit more - I don't immediately think of that iconic bridge when I see the two notches in "G" and "S." What if you cut out four rounded squares below the notches to mimic the structure of the bridge. Maybe throw in some white negative space lines to really drive it home.

I love the retro aesthetic going on in these, would love to see uniforms to pair with those groovy wordmarks like the Orcas. I think you'd really knock them...out of the park.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

11 hours ago, teeray01 said:

Love the Bucks package.  Will you be doing primary logos and jersey concepts for these?

So normally I would, but I’ve had attempts for leagues where I spend so much time branding and not enough time playing. Same for the uniforms, which I realized I don’t have enough of a view of them to justify designing them on photoshop or this fan-made jersey maker. In game you have a primary logo and a hat logo, but I decided to make the primary logo a graphic of the hat since I already had assets.

although Philadelphia has one!

Archived