New Mississippi Flag

buckeye

Well pretty much anything would’ve been a clear upgrade, but I do agree this design is up there with some of the best even with the unnecessary endorsement of religion. I suppose you take a win wherever you can. 

Midway.png

In terms of aesthetics, I think the design is well done and quite pleasant. Detailed but not overdone, and the color scheme integrates very well. Obviously a clear upgrade from their century-long atrocity.

NSFCvyu.png

25 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

Only thing that could've made it better would've been the exclusion of the text, but other than that, this is arguably in the top 10 state flags.

Unfortunately, the text was mandatory as a concession made by the state government to remove the Confederate flag.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, Gothamite said:

Because the only way they’re willing to set aside their racism is with an extra helping of religious bullying. 

Remove the text, and this is middle of the pack.  Better than the seal-on-a-bedsheets, but worse than most of the distinctive designs. 

Mississippi had a nice blue state crest with a unique seven-sided shield. But they went ahead with the flag. Oh, well.

Archived