Fabric of the Game: The Stories Behind the NHL’s Names, Logos, and Uniforms — New Book Available Now!

Fabric of the Game: The Stories Behind the NHL’s Names, Logos, and Uniforms — New Book Available Now!

November 4, 2020 - 18:09 PM

Several years ago I was regularly asked, “so, what’s next?”, this was usually accompanied by the well-intended, yet immediate suggestion, “you should start a podcast or host a radio show!” Though it felt like something I’d end up doing one day, it was still an idea that didn’t seem terribly

Read More...

I bought a copy for my brother for his birthday and it arrived just fine. He loves it!

My copy, on the other hand, is scheduled to be delivered today by UPS so I expect the book to be broken in half.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah - mine was due yesterday but pushed back by a day. Can't wait for tonight's meeting to be done so I can dive into it!

Number 199 of 500. The cards are awesome - backs remind me of a 1975 Topps baseball (I'll have to try to confirm that).

It's where I sit.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:31 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

@CC97 what was your favorite/best logo-related thing you learned in all of this?

Thanks all! 

A lot! Some highlights, no evidence the Bruins logo is because Boston is "hub city", the Blackhawks were going to become the Yankees, the Flames shade of red was to match Coca Cola, the Leafs almost added additional shades of blue, the psychology behind the Canucks switch to the V uniforms... And so much more!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived