MLB Offseason 2021: Hot Stoves, Bat Flips, & Bubbleball

CS85

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I keep taking solace in with the La Russa hire is that the length wasn't specified. Like many Sox fans I know, we're not thrilled about this at all, but if it helps him become a one year manager, then I guess there maybe something positive out of this experience after all. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Her experience in the front offices of the White Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and working in the front office of MLB in the last decade is the main reason why the move is praised.  Nobody is going to question her experience in MLB.  Harold Reynolds on MLB Network said that she was overdue to run her own MLB team.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:32 PM, Alex Houston said:

The one thing I keep taking solace in with the La Russa hire is that the length wasn't specified. Like many Sox fans I know, we're not thrilled about this at all, but if it helps him become a one year manager, then I guess there maybe something positive out of this experience after all. 

I'm still hoping against hope that La Russa is here because they didn't feel great about giving the reins of a contender to a guy with no coaching experience and whomever ends up the bench coach is the guy they want longer term and he will be the manager in 2023...if not 2022. 

4 minutes ago, McCall said:

Soooooo..... Cano suspended, again for PEDs. This time for 162 games, which is different than "for the season" because it possibly means it would carry over into 2022 should 2021 be shortened. Mets and Mets fans just got a $24M gift. For one season, at least.

hopefully this will completely put an end to this loser's HOF case, if his first suspension didn't already

Well as a Phillies fan, this blows.  It was already speculated that the Mets were going to outspend everyone for everything, but now that they don't owe him $24M, they can over pay for JT Realmuto.  Meanwhile, the Philles, with more money than all but a couple of teams, don't even have a GM and their inept president has basically said he's retired.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived