MLB Offseason 2021: Hot Stoves, Bat Flips, & Bubbleball

CS85

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

If Franciso Lindor wins a Gold Glove, MVP and/or World Series with the Mets, does he thank the GM who brought him there?

Hmm... I'm probably sure he does. In fact, it might go like this:

"I want to thank the former GM for bringing me in, despite the fact that he was so thirsty that Niagara Falls couldn't quench his thirst for foreign women. I also want to thank the current GM for cleaning up that mess and letting me play on a team that couldn't close out games to save their lives. Thanks and remember: LOL METS!"

We'll see if the "zero" in "zero tolerance" is really "zero" when one of the Mets players beats or assaults a woman or does something else reprehensible.

Need to be careful when taking hard-line stances, because you open yourself up to criticism when you don't/can't.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, BBTV said:

We'll see if the "zero" in "zero tolerance" is really "zero" when one of the Mets players beats or assaults a woman or does something else reprehensible.

We know the answer to that:

merlin_120727931_61d4179f-2d74-4654-a3d6-46c41f5128b8-superJumbo.jpg

Remember when the Mets brought Jose Reyes back, after he grabbed his wife's throat and shoved her into a balcony door?

On 1/16/2021 at 3:02 AM, AustinFromBoston said:
How the hell do the Yankees have the money to sigh Kluber after just paying the net worth of a small country for Gerrit Cole last year?

Oh wait, they're the Yankees. 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:54 PM, shstpt1 said:

this is why some sort of salary cap needs to be implemented. I know it will never happen, but... 

Are you serious? Kluber has thrown for all of 36 2/3 innings since the beginning of 2019. He's coming off a torn muscle in his shoulder, which is pretty much the worst place a pitcher can have an injury. He's also going to be 35 pretty much when the season begins. There's a reason he only signed a one-year contract and didn't sign until January at that. On top of all that, the Yankees have some pitching coaches in their organization who used to be with the Indians, so, for Kluber, this is just as much about working with familiar people as anything else.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Curt Schilling seems to be rage-quitting the whole process, especially in light of certain things he supported (e.g., something that violates board rules). Character clause comes into play when you talk about your desire to lynch journalists.

Poor Schilling. Sucks to suck. 🤷‍♂️

6uXNWAo.png

Ehhhh......I definitely find it hard to sympathize with Schilling. Personally, the guy is a jackass and has said and done some stupid :censored:. I still remember how he idiotically bankrupted his game studio despite the game he made (Kingdom or Armalor) actually being pretty damn good. 

But I digress. 

I'm of the opinion that personal views shouldn't keep you out out of the Hall of fame unless they are especially egregious (like murder or serious domestic abuse). Curt is definitely a lot of things, but I don't ever recall him ever doing anything that heinous.  

Bottom line, going by his stats alone I don't see how anyone can argue he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. 

24 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I'm of the opinion that personal views shouldn't keep you out out of the Hall of fame unless they are especially egregious (like murder or serious domestic abuse). Curt is definitely a lot of things, but I don't ever recall him ever doing anything that heinous.  

Vocal support of sedition is pretty heinous. Calling for the lynching of journalists is also kind of nasty.

23 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Ehhhh......I definitely find it hard to sympathize with Schilling. Personally, the guy is a jackass and has said and done some stupid :censored:. I still remember how he idiotically bankrupted his game studio despite the game he made (Kingdom or Armalor) actually being pretty damn good. 

TIL Kingdoms of Amalur got remastered last year by THQ Nordic because of course they did.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with him being inducted into a HoF that includes noted PoS Ty Cobb.  But obviously the voters feel different and I don't feel bad at all laughing at it happening to him.  He has HoF numbers, but it isn't like he is even the undisputed GOAT pitcher of his era so whatever

5 hours ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

TIL Kingdoms of Amalur got remastered last year by THQ Nordic because of course they did.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with him being inducted into a HoF that includes noted PoS Ty Cobb.  But obviously the voters feel different and I don't feel bad at all laughing at it happening to him.  He has HoF numbers, but it isn't like he is even the undisputed GOAT pitcher of his era so whatever

That is sort of my feeling (strictly sticking with baseball) 

Had good stats and has a couple of rings, but I did not view him as high of regard as Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, John Smoltz , Randy Johnson  or Tom Glavine. I feel like Curt was best known for a bloody sock. 

Oh... and I am sure the people of Long Island would like to recoup some money from  Curt 

I saw, I came, I left.

if Barry Bonds (and Roger Clemens) don't get into the Hall of Fame next year, would they both comeback for a game or two in order to be eligible again or would they (or one of them) take the BBWAA to court saying they colluded in keeping them out.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

53 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

if Barry Bonds (and Roger Clemens) don't get into the Hall of Fame next year, would they both comeback for a game or two in order to be eligible again or would they (or one of them) take the BBWAA to court saying they colluded in keeping them out.

Who would sign a 56 or 58 year old even to a A ball club at bare minimum salaries? It’s much more likely Bonds would sue the BBWAA, because despite everyone knowing he doped he never had a positive test.

54 minutes ago, dont care said:

Who would sign a 56 or 58 year old even to a A ball club at bare minimum salaries? It’s much more likely Bonds would sue the BBWAA, because despite everyone knowing he doped he never had a positive test.

someone who need the fans in the seats.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Archived