2020-2021 NCAA Basketball Thread

Seadragon76

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I just figured she might be pregnant since her fingers looked a little swollen and her face a little chubbier. But unfortuantely this actually makes sense too. Stupid humans and needing to be pervs about literally everything. 

This was my theory.  too.

45 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Also, good for her for being in a position to direct her ads. She's a huge part of sports culture while having nothing to do with sports culture. I wish her well.

Have you already forgotten?  She was a high school JV point guard.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7SDX/at-and-t-slam-dunk-featuring-grant-hill

17 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Also, Bob Huggins is looking especially greasy in 2021. Like he can't wait to get back to the hotel to order some a steak that' he's going to eat on his bed in an open bathrobe while letting the juices drip down his chest.

"Especially greasy" is a pretty high bar for Huggy Bear.

The Big Ten is absolutely getting pantsed in this tournament.

No question it was overrated. I bought in. I thought the gauntlet was preparing them nicely for the dance. Turns out they were hanging out together in some remedial program.

31 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The Big Ten is absolutely getting pantsed in this tournament.

No question it was overrated. I bought in. I thought the gauntlet was preparing them nicely for the dance. Turns out they were hanging out together in some remedial program.

The Pac 12 is showing sportswriters should stay up later. Or maybe some some assignments in LA.

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Pac 12 is showing sportswriters should stay up later. Or maybe some some assignments in LA.

I feel like the best conference in any given year in basketball is never the best once the tournament comes. The Big Ten has done this a bunch, the ACC and the Big East as well. This season there's at least the excuse of schedules being wonky. I can also see people thinking the Pac-12 is weak because their conference champion was .500 in league play and had losses to a wretched Portland, and unimpressive Wyoming.

I also think lack of out of conference games has assisted in the parity of this year's tourney. Most teams only played 4 or 5 OOC games, while playing the teams in their conference at least twice. Teams were busy beating up on each other, because they know each other and are well-scouted. OOC play has great variance, and when you take that away, it's hard to tell how good some teams really are. 

17 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I also think lack of out of conference games has assisted in the parity of this year's tourney. Most teams only played 4 or 5 OOC games, while playing the teams in their conference at least twice. Teams were busy beating up on each other, because they know each other and are well-scouted. OOC play has great variance, and when you take that away, it's hard to tell how good some teams really are. 

Syracuse is a good example of the "beating up on each other because they know each other" part.  It seems like ACC teams have figured out how to attack their zone defense, but teams that don't see them twice a year are befuddled.

UNC's Roy Williams retired from head coaching today.

Thought it was notable, thus the post.

12 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

It’s an absolute shame a game that good didn’t have a full crowd behind it. 

Regardless, Jalen Suggs just at the very least hit a top 3 buzzer beater in tournament history. 

I have seen people say it surpasses Laettner 1992.

15 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Flat out heartbreaking. Cats left all out on the floor. 

I'm pretty glad this was the first women's basketball game my daughter got to see. It was good play and exciting enough to keep a kid who might normally rather stay stuck in her phone entertained. The only disappoint was that the confetti was on the other side of the stadium. She was hoping some would land near her to play with. The one thing I liked from the ladies that the guys will never do, id how the studio would take 5-10 minutes to talk about the game that just ended and jump right into the next game, even when they were in separate venues around town. The game moved so much more quickly too. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA tried having the women's tournaments localized throughout, though I don't think they would because it limits the amount of cities that can handle that much space that's required. Cities with multiple big league teams that played in April might not have the space, especially when the number of fans allowed jumps up. Also, San Antonio gave the Stanford team a barge parade last night. One of the players, Kiana Williams, is a local so she had a few fans, but I want to say the stadium was 2/3 Arizona fans and 1/4 cutouts.

-Zrcz7WoAHBwCNnVWD-J5TGiEK2XwElZqURGAF6ejlie4F4miNjj67x4J13JUd6I_3EBHfWt_Egg4W2Tfdzi8-LY-H4OCvuu8vswVQ8r_9i16rarsLis3TYfru2GiHxaft7hpEDldlt3VCZ4GAPQD4bDNwaZH13iUPUsdZlDRxne_B-lSvpjwY4g7Ykvl2zsODBUoeskpcXMIrQpRRdqll_8vVbYLUF_LbjAEXPMsh0f-BfdvI4aNI3qWKzDPUD7auwBpoaf-L4dpZbVGKftFM385GvqoSzDyaYh_jr_ADOCY1_YQUJp_wBOnOxzsw9-ehqJKR2a8grr0kOKCR32gkqKRkOzcYwqcWKAyGT0t4-bb4kYfLLZKgj_vjM_tN7tNzm6b0ivWpeGcTrhz_c78sLQ3HaKsfl_ZMJcRKPJUYcEw1u-9CgS9teUCZLv2lI2doBv3RgBnPTTHwfbEJXT5A_QBZd9F803nr_0VK_ebVeO2dJCuK_yuVAJDGZ0cXScKc-qPDCR1Frw3W3AK0z6jFzz4nCp2KaASEihgThpliXZ7sbz9Kf9H29Na8to1UX-4pv5kjhlxmATtioOrgZ85BBntGQL1ksaM5GTw49igoXOBNsCj-uhlNtTJgWB0flF1YaXHTbTA_ubB0xbCCofjN8FcrUoSJ6wZ3vBbUneqyV64VHSdMR8-xJmxygPReSFv6V-XYUXqdYKmq0gey9eFNAK=w1234-h925-no?authuser=0

Stanford holds off Arizona 54-53 to win women's NCAA title

I’m so nervous for tonight’s game, first time since 2011 World Series where a team I’m really invested in has a chance to win. Of course the Rangers lost that year, but still Go Bears!

I like those games where it feels like if the clock had just two more minutes, the other team would have won. Felt like that last night with Arizona/Stanford.

Tough loss for the Wildcats, but still a really exciting game and tournament.