2020-2021 NCAA Basketball Thread

Seadragon76

Wow. Was not expecting anywhere near this form of dominance by the bears. Vital was, well, Vital. (Sorry, I had to do it haha). Mitchell shot well, and the Bulldogs were so uncharacteristically bad with the turnovers, and they constantly let the Bears into the paint. Baylor are minutes from a well deserved title.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2021 at 2:57 AM, Germanshepherd said:

It’s an absolute shame a game that good didn’t have a full crowd behind it. 

Regardless, Jalen Suggs just at the very least hit a top 3 buzzer beater in tournament history. 

This feels Miracle-on-Ice-ish. Does it still hit as good, given Gonzaga doesn't go on to win the tournament?

LvZYtbZ.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

17 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

This feels Miracle-on-Ice-ish. Does it still hit as good, given Gonzaga doesn't go on to win the tournament?

Still a great shot, but it’s not as special anymore. 

Excellent!

Obviously things have been wonky with no tournament last season and COVID awkwardness this year, but I think it's neat that the last four teams to participate in the men's national championship game were all playing for their first ever title.

23 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Da Bears are National Champions! Scott Drew's mission of turning around Baylor is complete.

The fact that they went from Dave Bliss to Scott Drew immediately is just amazing.  

11 hours ago, LMU said:

Sports betters:

Hurt Me The Office GIF

Do they not realize Ohio State will lose like 2 games all year until February, then fall apart like a rocking chair built by toddlers, or possibly me? I really hope Kentucky and Duke continue to suck next year. Mainly because I want schools to stop renting NBA players for a year and try building an actual program. That's why I liked this year's tournament. The schools that had juniors and seniors that were more than just bench warmers were the ones that had the most success. I wonder if Coach K no longer being able to get as much extra access to high school players (as Team USA coach) will show up even more the next few years. I also have to say this, the men need to go the route of the ladies this year. As soon as the game was over, go right into the next game instead of spending 30 minutes to an hour discussing what just happened. To be fair, having the tournament in my city made me pay a lot more attention this year and I'm glad I did. Of course, ESPN has also released their Top 25. No surprise that UConn is Number 1.

1. UConn

2. South Carolina

3. Stanford

4. Baylor

5. Maryland

6. Louisville

7. Indiana

8. N.C. State

9. Iowa

10. Oregon

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And now Sean Miller is out at Arizona.

WELP.

It was going to happen sooner or later. Word is the top candidate to replace him is Tommy Lloyd.

He'll get slapped with the NCAA sanctions, meathead WELL LUTE OLSON LUTE OLSON LUTE OLSON Arizona fans will condemn him and want him publicly executed when he loses his first game and the :censored:show will never end. :censored: you, Book Richardson. :censored: you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

WELP.

It was going to happen sooner or later. Word is the top candidate to replace him is Tommy Lloyd.

He'll get slapped with the NCAA sanctions, meathead WELL LUTE OLSON LUTE OLSON LUTE OLSON Arizona fans will condemn him and want him publicly executed when he loses his first game and the :censored:show will never end. :censored: you, Book Richardson. :censored: you.

Sean Miller sweaty shirt gets all the memes and jokes

Hopefully he can afford undershirts at his next job! Should have spent his money on those instead of "recruiting players".

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Suggs' shot reminds me of that buzzer beater Lebron hit in 09 against the Magic. They ended up losing the series so it didn't really matter in the end.

I really wanted Gonzaga to win. I'm not really sure I'd consider this choking. The two Suggs fouls at the beginning pretty much ended the game though and was wild.

It sucks because they did everything we ask of non-Power conference teams in any sport. They scheduled extremely well outside their conference and kicked ass the entire way. These were clearly the two best teams in basketball this year (which was nice to have them both play in the championship). One just happened to play a very tough conference twice a week while the other played in a conference with a bunch of schools that don't really matter.

1 hour ago, Kevin W. said:

WELP.

I’ve also heard Damon Stoudamire out of Pacific. I didn’t even know he was the HC of Pacific. But if they can’t get Lloyd. I can see them going after a UA legend 

11 minutes ago, Gary said:

I’ve also heard Damon Stoudamire out of Pacific. I didn’t even know he was the HC of Pacific. But if they can’t get Lloyd. I can see them going after a UA legend 

Stoudamire is supposedly in the mix, but if he got canned by Pacific can he really help Arizona, other than name recognition? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

Suggs' shot reminds of that buzzer beater Lebron hit in 09 against the Magic. They ended up losing the series so it didn't really matter in the end.

I really wanted Gonzaga to win. I'm not really sure I'd consider this choking. The two Suggs fouls at the beginning pretty much ended the game though and was wild.

It sucks because they did everything we ask of non-Power conference teams in any sport. They scheduled extremely well outside their conference and kicked ass the entire way. These were clearly the two best teams in basketball this year (which was nice to have them both play in the championship). One just happened to play a very tough conference twice a week while the other played in a conference with a bunch of schools that don't really matter.

Hey now, San Francisco has twice as many national titles as Baylor. Sure, it was back when they were probably using literal peach baskets still, but shush.

Cincinnati has relieved John Brannen as head coach. I have heard several people give their thoughts for his replacement including Sean or Archie Miller, Rick Pitino, and Nick Van Exel

Signature intentionally left blank

25 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Cincinnati has relieved John Brannen as head coach. I have heard several people give their thoughts for his replacement including Sean or Archie Miller, Rick Pitino, and Nick Van Exel

Those two need to be left alone, especially Sean, who is still under investigation and at risk for a "show cause" decision that would basically kick him out of the job anyways. I don't see why Rick Pitino would take that job either. Nick Van Exel could be a good pickup for them though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived