What are some examples of teams going worst to best uniforms and vice versa?

Reyes47

For teams going from worst to best uniforms i easily think of the Bucs and Chargers 

for 5 years the Bucs wore these ugly and gaudy uniforms. Now the logo updates were nice but everything else was a mess. Ugly numbers, clashing colors, nothing worked. Luckily it’s year they reverted back to their Super Bowl era uniforms with the updated logo and they look fantastic, easily their best look

The chargers as well. Their previous set was just boring to look at compounded by the fact they used navy instead of powder blue. Now personally i liked the navy but only with the navy helmet like the 60s or 2000s. However their current set is perfect. I love the chargers logos on the sleeves and putting the numbers on the helmets. I do wish they had numbers on the sleeves other than that they look amazing 

As for the opposite I’d say the Rams and Miami Marlins

Rams is a bit cheating since they just wore their throwbacks all year but they were so good. all they had to do was update that look. Yet Nike turned them into a Madden Create a Team. Besides the helmets I don’t really like anything. The shade of blue is off and the numbers look stupid. Can somebody explain why their white uniforms look dirty? 

The other one is the Marlins when they first rebranded. The Florida Marlins teal and black was great but they traded it out for an uninspired and gaudy orange and blue as the miami marlins. I do like their new miami vice esque uniforms look nice but I just think something is missing like piping or something but it is a big improvement  

Buccaneers best look is the Creamsicles end of story.

I think this is true for a lot of NHL teams going to the Reebok Edge uniforms, specifically the Stars, the Avalanche, the Wild, the Panthers, and the Lightning.

Worst-

spacer.png

Best-

spacer.png

Best-

spacer.png

Worst-

spacer.png

I’ll always have a love for my hometown Caps, but good lord did they drop the puck. The previous set would’ve been fine for a new base if they just changed the gold to red and changed the number font (which is what we seem to be getting with the NHL/Adidas “Reverse Retro” promo). It is what it is now and the current set will always be remembered as their Stanley Cup winning uniforms. Truth be told, this uniform is probably my favorite-

spacer.png

I specifically didn't include the Capitals (or Flyers) on my list because by 06-07, they had gotten rid of the blue Eagle jersey. I honestly like the black jersey, but without the blue jersey it's not their best set. 

Same with the Flyers.. The set they wore in the 90s with the orange jersey is their best set ever easily.

15 hours ago, Ark said:

Buccaneers best look is the Creamsicles end of story.

I think this is true for a lot of NHL teams going to the Reebok Edge uniforms, specifically the Stars, the Avalanche, the Wild, the Panthers, and the Lightning.

I disagree. the orange is too 70s looking and kinda goofy

54 minutes ago, Ark said:

The orange is beautiful. It's difficult to see in old pics because the image/video quality wasn't so good back then, but you can see it when they wore throwbacks recently.

wi0db6ns1piyccqdlbkv.jpg

Beautiful.

i consider it gaudy loud and outdated. The current uniforms are truly timeless 

spacer.png

basically everyone i know likes the red and pewter over the creamsicle. No matter how much you try to update those old uniforms they’ll still reek of 1970s and seeing guys like Sapp and Alstott in them before the rebrand just look weird. The current look is sleek and intimidating 

On 11/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, Reyes47 said:

i consider it gaudy loud and outdated. The current uniforms are truly timeless 

spacer.png

basically everyone i know likes the red and pewter over the creamsicle. No matter how much you try to update those old uniforms they’ll still reek of 1970s and seeing guys like Sapp and Alstott in them before the rebrand just look weird. The current look is sleek and intimidating 

These are not as timeless as you think... These reek of late 90's to mid 2000's era. I mean these look good, but there definitely have an era of football associated with them. Some teams do have more timeless looks, like the Yankees, Habs, or even the Washington Football team, logos aside.

The dark colors, with a medium contrast base, and a bright pop of color, is definitely a design trend from that era of sports. The Creamsicles are definitely classic 70's, but they still look great. They could be updated to look more timeless, however...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

These are not as timeless as you think... These reek of late 90's to mid 2000's era. I mean these look good, but there definitely have an era of football associated with them. Some teams do have more timeless looks, like the Yankees, Habs, or even the Washington Football team, logos aside.

The dark colors, with a medium contrast base, and a bright pop of color, is definitely a design trend from that era of sports. The Creamsicles are definitely classic 70's, but they still look great. They could be updated to look more timeless, however...

so one is considered “classic” and the other is “trend of an era”. How long do we need to wait until the 90s-2000s be considered ‘classic’?

Dark colors? When has red and orange been considered dark? The Falcons throwbacks were black what era is that? How about FSU wearing garnet and gold? Or Notre Dame with Navy and gold? 

There certainly is a fine line between ‘classic’ and ‘generic’ and in fact sometimes that line is only defined by the age of the team or brand. People hated the marlins using gray away uniforms despite it being a tradition of baseball and teams like the yankees having them but since the marlins are a more recent team and their uniforms aren’t going for a timeless/classic feel it comes off as out of place

The former X-skins were just a great set period and fit any era. Yankees ehh they definitely feel early baseball and have become tradition but if the yankees were founded in the 90s they’d probably be labeled as bland especially with a color scheme of navy and white. Habs look fine though

I feel the red jerseys are more timeless than cream orange

On 11/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, ManillaToad said:

Every team in MLB that had their best uniforms before the switch to nike

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not really true. They added that manufacturers patch, but that’s all on MLB. The Brewers definitely upgraded along with the Padres. 

On 11/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, ManillaToad said:

Every team in MLB that had their best uniforms before the switch to nike

4 hours ago, walkerws said:

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not really true. They added that manufacturers patch, but that’s all on MLB. The Brewers definitely upgraded along with the Padres. 

Milwaukee and SD were wearing neither their best nor worst uniforms before the switch to nike so they wouldn't be included in my comment. Also the manufacturer's mark is part of the uniform, it doesn't matter who decides to put it there

On 11/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, Reyes47 said:

The chargers as well. Their previous set was just boring to look at compounded by the fact they used navy instead of powder blue. Now personally i liked the navy but only with the navy helmet like the 60s or 2000s. However their current set is perfect. I love the chargers logos on the sleeves and putting the numbers on the helmets. I do wish they had numbers on the sleeves other than that they look amazing 

The previous set was far from the worst. It was a good uniform. Very underrated. I like it a little more than their current uniforms. You can count that into the "Unpopular Opinions" places of the forum.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:38 PM, -Akronite- said:

Best...

20131201_jla_aw3_028.0.jpg

to worst...

BrownsNew.0.0.jpg

back to best...

B645UKWN5BCNBI3YVSVF3TMFIU.JPG

What a waste of time.

The Chargers already looked great, they just look even better now. I agree that Blue Jays are probably the best example.

I enjoy the new uniforms over the older classic version. They brought back the stripes on the socks, which I love, and the shade of orange is much richer. My only real complaint is the brown facemask, and while it does look good I think a white facemask would look great.

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

The Jameis-era Bucs uniforms were definitely not the worst in the league. They were mostly serviceable uniforms stuck with a terrible number font. They could have just fixed the numbers and they would have been set for years to come. As it stands, it's tough to claim they're worse than the Bengals' clownsuits, or the Rams' current crap, or the Brady-era Patriots, or the Cowboys' mismatched mess, or the Cardinals' piping-and-panels insanity.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived