What are some examples of teams going worst to best uniforms and vice versa?

Reyes47

12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Jameis-era Bucs uniforms were definitely not the worst in the league. They were mostly serviceable uniforms stuck with a terrible number font. They could have just fixed the numbers and they would have been set for years to come. As it stands, it's tough to claim they're worse than the Bengals' clownsuits, or the Rams' current crap, or the Brady-era Patriots, or the Cowboys' mismatched mess, or the Cardinals' piping-and-panels insanity.

The numbers take up the most real estate on the jersey and are the part you look at the most since you want to identify the player.  

That's like saying that someone is good looking other than their nose, eyes, and mouth.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2020 at 8:30 PM, Lights Out said:

The Jameis-era Bucs uniforms were definitely not the worst in the league. They were mostly serviceable uniforms stuck with a terrible number font. They could have just fixed the numbers and they would have been set for years to come. As it stands, it's tough to claim they're worse than the Bengals' clownsuits, or the Rams' current crap, or the Brady-era Patriots, or the Cowboys' mismatched mess, or the Cardinals' piping-and-panels insanity.

In hindsight, the brushed chrome facemasks and huge decals were horribly dumb. The pewter helmets have always looked best with black facemasks. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, YungMan said:

I enjoy the new uniforms over the older classic version. They brought back the stripes on the socks, which I love, and the shade of orange is much richer. My only real complaint is the brown facemask, and while it does look good I think a white facemask would look great.

The best thing about the new Browns uniforms is they wear orange pants more often.

On 11/29/2020 at 5:30 PM, Lights Out said:

I don’t know, man. That “BucS” wordmark on the sleeves was atrocious.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I don't know... I usually don't like gradients on sports uniforms but the Heat's vice jerseys these year aren't really that bad in my opinion. They have to change them up every year and the color scheme is too unique in the Big 4 and iconic to Miami to discard. The Heat's normal unis just feel like a standard black, red and white uniform to me, nothing that special. Plus they're just alternates so they don't get in the way TOO much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 11:12 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

*snip* Thrashers to Jets

What's so frustrating was that the Thrashers name and logo were unique and really inspiring, but they existed at the wrong time so they were almost never given a good full package. The early 00's to about midway through the 10's had so many teams' worst ever designs.

growing up with the Irish Rainbow I can say that I was in favor of the change. I have a soft spot for the purple look but nostalgia now says the Irish Rainbow is timeless.  The previous green / red set was their worst.  Colors not the issue, was a bad template

On 1/12/2021 at 3:50 AM, dont care said:

I wouldn’t say those are their worst uniforms. The red and green 2000’s uniforms were worse.

At least you could say green & red was consistent with the Bucks historic identity, as they were obviously inspired by what they wore in their early years.

Purple made zero sense for them. It was chosen solely because it was a trendy color in the 90s. That's also why I don't care for blue being part of their identity now. Black and gold I can live with, because even though they never wore those colors before, they were part of their classic Bango logo and don't look so jarring.

• 2 weeks later...

Best - aesthetically unique, locally-fitting and highly distinct design;

spacer.png

Worst - Bland colors, generic template and an overall more basic feel;

spacer.png

Worst - Ugly hem striping, weird arm stripes and just not a very good look all around compared to what came before...

spacer.png

...or the Best look which came right after, which I still think is the pinnacle of the Flames' jersey design.

spacer.png

Archived