Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

Soccer’s Houston Dynamo FC & Dash Both Unveil New Primary Logos

Soccer’s Houston Dynamo FC & Dash Both Unveil New Primary Logos

November 17, 2020 - 20:14 PM

Major League Soccer’s Houston Dynamo FC this afternoon unveiled their new primary logo, along with a new logo for the National Women’s Soccer League’s Houston Dash. Both logos feature a similar design, an orange split-letter “H” on a black hexagon — the Dynamo adds a “D” into their design and

Read More...

Definitely an upgrade, and keeping the great names and colors. I really have no complaints here. Simplified but didn't lose it's character. Going to clash really well with *assuming* their future rival in Austin.

Both good, but the Dash’s logo is better. 

And the Dynamo better stick with their orange jerseys. 

I think the Dash logo is better as well. It seems like interlocking letter logos are better suited for cities/regions that have more than one word like New York or Los Angeles. 

Yeah, I hate using team nicknames in monograms.   Using an H by itself makes the Dash's logo far superior. 

Is the D supposed to look like the I-610 (inner) Beltway because it kind of does.  Complete with 290 and ALT90 being the corner parts

spacer.png

On 11/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I hate using team nicknames in monograms.   Using an H by itself makes the Dash's logo far superior. 

Not to mention, the inclusion of light blue makes the Dash logo even better.

Yep.  The Dash logo is better in pretty much every way.  That H is going to look amazing on a ballcap.

Love this, huge upgrade for both teams. I am a big fan of unifying the branding between the MLS and NWSL teams in this way. Keeping the separate names and unique aspects of the identities such as space blue but connecting them with the crest shape is a huge win in my book. 

I totally agree though that the Dash logo is far superior and the D really should have been removed from the Dynamo logo. It only serves to muddle the H and monograms shouldn't have the team name represented *weeps in Colorado Rockies fandom*.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, Gothamite said:

Yep.  The Dash logo is better in pretty much every way.  That H is going to look amazing on a ballcap.

Way late to this convo, but it looks absolutely like a new Houston Astros alternate cap. Yeah, I know it's a "D" and not an "A," but a casual observer might see a Dynamo cap and wonder where the "D" is in "Astros."