colinturner95

NHL by Nike: Philadelphia Flyers

10 minutes ago, LordD said:

No Robo pen???? i'm not upset, just disappointed ;)

2 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

RoboPen is on the home, away and alternate helmets

It was definitely a thought. I did have Robo P on the alternate originally, though I'm now struggling to remember why I changed it. 

And since I'm here now, the other half of the Keystone State rivalry has been ready for a while now: 

Irj2kGm.png

Home - Away: Not much to see here, The Flyers have a pretty unique thing going that works for them, and I saw no reason to mess that up. As much as I don't like the Flyers as a team, they've got some nice uniforms, nameplates too (unpopular opinion, but I love them.) Only change is the wide stripe on the pants that I felt tied the uniforms together a little more. 

vrP11pn.png

Alternate - The Stadium Series alt kinda works for me, but I was trying to take it in a slightly different direction. I was trying to work with the Quakers identity and mix a little flyers into it. Which resulted in a black version of what the Quakers wore, with an obvious twist to the Flyers. Script Flyers on the chest, winged P logo on the shoulders. 

Legacy - At first glance, you might be thinking, "okay it's not that different. no hem stripe, tweaked shoulder stripes, no contrasting nameplate". But then you get down to the pants and socks and notice the changed stripes on the pants, and then the awkward stripes on the socks. Welllllll, I can't remember what MN High School team I thought I saw using this same idea (maybe @Section30 or @chcarlson23 can help me out here or tell me if I'm crazy) but I thought the only appropriate throwback for the Flyers had to somehow acknowledge the Cooperalls days. 

uz0drR7.png

Reverse Retro - The Flyers RR does nothing for me. It just is meh, not like Red Wings RR meh, but it just, idk, isn't it. Plus I've always wanted to see a black version of the home and away jerseys, so I saw that play out here. But like the Pens RR, which had a twist, the first real recolor of the Flyers logo takes hold. The logo is also reversed with the dot becoming black and the body becoming orange. Also for retro purposes, I made use of the skinnier stripes on the sleeves, but added the hem back. 

C&C welcome!!

The last few teams have been really good as usual, I really like the Quakers alt for Philly. As for that Cooperall style, I think you might be thinking of Burnsville from a few years ago... that was quite a look

On 3/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Good stuff, I really like the alternate jersey, but the contrasting nameplates need to go on all 3 jerseys

Cbs Fbi GIF by Wolf Entertainment - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 hours ago, Section30 said:

The last few teams have been really good as usual, I really like the Quakers alt for Philly. As for that Cooperall style, I think you might be thinking of Burnsville from a few years ago... that was quite a look

Skaters denied spot in the state field | Savage Sports | swnewsmedia.com

I knew it was a black and yellow team. I just couldn't figure out which one. Thank you for the help