Cincinnati Bengals v2.0

The overwhelming consensus seems to be that Cincy nailed it with this offseason's rebrand, and I definitely agree. As such, I didn't really change much here. Main changes I made were altering the pants striping to run the whole length of the pants, and adding a set of orange pants to give them some additional looks. Alternate look is a bi-chromatic "White Tiger" uniform.

vSQ0UGr.png

jRxAgx6.png

8Wzhi82.png

FhIZZcb.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, John1988 said:

Cincinnati Bengals v2.0

The overwhelming consensus seems to be that Cincy nailed it with this offseason's rebrand, and I definitely agree. As such, I didn't really change much on the primary looks. Main changes I made were altering the pants striping to run the whole length of the pants, and adding a set of orange pants to give them some additional looks.

Additionally, I added three new alternate uniforms, which basically form a one-off series. Numbers and names use a more aggressive font, and all combinations are two-color sets.  They can basically be thought of as: 

1. White Tiger
  2. Bengal Tiger
  3. Black Tiger

In total, this gives Cincy 7 different jerseys, including the throwbacks. Worst case scenario, at least Joey B. will look good running for his damn life.

9nHFsQx.png

3gtibxr.png

uQYNJJk.png

nerpOGl.png

6l24vim.png

eavlc1h.png

2agcwPt.png

If you’re gonna have a all-white tiger look, you should color in the regular road pant stripe orange.

Chicago Bears v2.0

The primary sets stay pretty much the same as my original concepts, only using a brighter shade of orange to really make the colors pop.  New Color Rush uniform set uses all navy and orange, while using the traditional block style numbers. I also introduced a different set of navy blue pants, which can be worn with any of the uniform combinations.

P2KAn4N.png

zMD8MuL.png

yY3gKyD.png

vGjuYGg.png

zwBrsQm.png

On 6/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, John1988 said:

Los Angeles Rams v2.5

As requested, a version of my royal blue and gold Rams jerseys w/ split striping elements throughout. For this one, I also added in a couple all blue & white pseudo throwback jerseys and dropped the current ones, since the home set is practically the same thing and would just be redundant. 

Dx96GK4.png

YxefEUJ.png

GDCC4yb.png

xM7BKfe.png

7btkbS0.png

qSqs6Ka.png

WOW, I am in love. Nice!

On 6/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, John1988 said:

Cincinnati Bengals v2.0

The overwhelming consensus seems to be that Cincy nailed it with this offseason's rebrand, and I definitely agree. As such, I didn't really change much on the primary looks. Main changes I made were altering the pants striping to run the whole length of the pants, and adding a set of orange pants to give them some additional looks.

Additionally, I added three new alternate uniforms, which basically form a one-off series. Numbers and names use a more aggressive font, and all combinations are two-color sets.  They can basically be thought of as: 

1. White Tiger
  2. Bengal Tiger
  3. Black Tiger

In total, this gives Cincy 7 different jerseys, including the throwbacks. Worst case scenario, at least Joey B. will look good running for his damn life.

9nHFsQx.png

3gtibxr.png

6jfzl5B.png

2agcwPt.png

nerpOGl.png

6l24vim.png

eavlc1h.png

Orange lids and white top, the pants needs and orange stripe. For the orange lids and orange tops, maybe black pants to break the all orange eye sore.

Just came across this and I love just about all of these!  For a Texans throwback, though, I've always thought of making a fauxback using the Texans number font and lettering, but in Columbia Blue, with white Oiler-esque helmets and a Columbia Blue block H instead of the derrick ... I'd like to see how that looks (could look good or bad).  Keep up the great work!!

spacer.png

Philadelphia Eagles v2.0

After looking at a lot of different concepts/ideas online, I've come to 2 conclusions: 

1. Philly definitely looks better in a brighter shade of green
  2. Philly's helmets (the current set) are the best in the league

So that's what these sets do - combine my favorite aspects of the new-school and old-school. I updated the look to the Vapor Fusion template, and also cut back on the use of the color black, using more white & silver instead. I still kept a blackout look for Color Rush/ primetime night games. Silver alternate jersey is introduced as a fourth look. Throwbacks stay as is.

NQtuJ2O.png

lk3cOuM.png

7cnmBQz.png

IzpIuD5.png

fXNXZyU.pngTLiK7ny.png

Green Bay Packers 2.0

If/when Green Bay ever decides to get off the old Reebok Template, I'd like to see them go to something like this. Basically, a modernized version of their classic look. Main changes I made were dropping the stripes from the collars (which would look crowded and get chopped off on the Vapor template), and also introduced an alternate green helmet. Throwbacks are updated to mesh w/ the Vapor Fusion template as well. 

mT2DThw.png

VuJD1dO.png

seAg6fN.png

m0jo1Oz.png

npH52P2.png

Seattle Seahawks v2.5, aka Modern Throwbacks

For this version, I re-did the Seahawks' classic uniform design with the modern bird head logo. As such, these are more of a "faux back" than a true throwback look. I also added an alternate green uniform w/ white numbers and royal blue outlining.

Hopefully once the one-helmet rule goes away next year we'll be able to see something like these again!

mkorFlc.png

MWTUisU.png

KBDjvZ2.png

• 2 weeks later...

New Orleans Saints v1.5

Same as my original concepts, only using a more classic-style font (which they currently use for their Color Rush jerseys). I also dropped the "NOLA" chest wordmark; secondary Louisiana logo is used on the right breast instead.

3PLaJg6.png

NZaIvRD.png

q7VaFAe.png

D2p5bQN.png

Arizona Cardinals 3.0

For this version, I dropped the TV numbers from the primary uniforms and substituted a bi-chromatic version of the state flag on the sleeves. Number font is changed to a cleaner, monochromatic font, and pants go back to a simplified 3-stripe pattern. Helmets stay as is. 3rd uniform is a black alternate, 4th is a state flag - colored alternate with desert sand helmet and pants. 

Additionally,  I made 2 versions of a "modern throwback" uniform that combine modern elements with the Cardinals' classic templates.

jVMZUmQ.png

bH3FUgY.png

FyJIgbf.png

rG8KCvp.png

p5WEnwu.png

L1dryeO.png

1 hour ago, John1988 said:

Arizona Cardinals v3.0

For this version, I dropped the TV numbers from the primary uniforms and substituted a bichromatic version of the state flag on the sleeves. Number font is changed to a cleaner, monochromatic font, pants go back to a simplified 3 stripe pattern, and helmets stay as is. Alternate uniforms are a black jersey with 90's style Northwestern stripes on the pants, and a "City Connect" style set with desert sand colored helmet/pants and a jersey made of the state flag colors.  Finally, I made 2 versions of a "modern throwback" uniform (for lack of a better term) that combine modern elements with the Cardinals' classic templates. 

eRuzQWq.png

8z2GQSG.png

Iox5Jpj.png

Ox4uu8n.png

aKQ3q7a.png

QDBeDAF.png

Nice.

Quite familiar, if I do say so myself.  😉

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Nice.

Quite familiar, if I do say so myself.  😉

Ha, great minds think alike I guess.

Not gonna lie, I heavily borrowed from Arizona State from a few years back (these)... but it seems like you beat me to it! Nice series BTW, you made a lot of solid tweaks. 

• 1 month later...

Bonus: "City Connect" Sets

With all 32 teams covered (plus some additional sets + tweaks) I turned towards Major League Baseball for some inspiration. This past offseason, MLB introduced their City Connect series. Whether it's playing off a team's history,  classic uniform design, or the colors/flag of the city a team calls home - it's basically a one-off series to mess around with different looks.

I made a few sets for two of the most storied franchises in the NFL to start with: the Chicago Bears in the NFC, and the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC. I may add some additional ones, or make this into its own series; we'll see how these are received and/or how motivated I feel. 

Bears set uses design elements from the Chicago city flag, and uses the secondary Bear logo in place of the classic "C" on the helmets. For Pittsburgh I stayed with their classic design, but used a dark grey "Steel City" color in place of gold. Primary logo also uses grayscale colors to match the vibe. 

u7cGhoo.png

9M7ovz9.png

YC3TZ9Y.png

dtbX0mL.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived