Arizona Cardinals 4.0

At the risk of overdoing it: I sketched up yet another version of Arizona. This one is really more of a "tweak" than a "concept". I used a different number font, placed the Arizona state flag logo on the sleeves, and introduced a 2nd alternate look. All the little sleeve stripes and side stripes from the Reebok-era template are dropped.

IWHjLaj.png

InYuIjq.png

KMHg4QH.png

0Rvb92A.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta Falcons 2.0

Playing off the Falcon's excellent throwback uniforms, I made a new set that blends their classic design with some modern elements. I also threw in a new Color Rush design that use a different font and more aggressive design features.

bL3yfiL.png

whY30wG.png

g0WzBO2.png

TW3QJF4.png

On 11/19/2020 at 12:06 PM, mahnkej said:

Hey ya'll, 

So I started this project back in the spring (when quarantine hit), not intending for this to be anything serious. This was just something fun do from home while everything was locked down.  But over the course of this year, I've been steadily knocking out 2-3 sets per week in my free time... And lo and behold, I've finally gotten through all 32 teams!

Disclaimer: I'm by no means a "pro user"; I drew all these up using MS Paint, so obviously the level of detail isn't nearly what it could be. I'm just comfortable with Paint and it's good enough to get the job done. 

A couple notes:

1. I drew these sets up assuming there were no limiting factors (i.e. " the one helmet rule") that would affect uniform design. Teams can have as many different helmet/uniform combos as they want.
  2. Every team will have at least 4 different uniform combinations: a Home set, a Road set, an Alternate set, and a Throwback set. Some will have more, some will have less. I also won't show every possible combination, just some of the ones that look best together.
  3. I didn't just change things for the sake of changing them; if a team already has a good design, then I most likely didn't make any major changes.

With that said, I'll start things out in the AFC East and work my way west. Comments/feedback welcome! 

AFC East 

Buffalo Bills   v2.0

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots  v1.5

New York Jets

AFC North 

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals   v2.0   v2.5

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South

Houston Texans  v2.0

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars  v2.0

Tennessee Titans

AFC West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Chargers  v1.5

NFC East 

Dallas Cowboys   v2.0   v3.0

New York Giants   v2.0

Philadelphia Eagles   v2.0

Washington Football Team

NFC North 

Chicago Bears   v2.0

Detroit Lions   v2.0

Green Bay Packers   v2.0

Minnesota Vikings

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons  v2.0

Carolina Panthers   v2.0   v3.0

New Orleans Saints  v1.5  v2.0

Tampa Bay Buccaneers   v2.0

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals   v2.0   v3.0  v4.0

Los Angeles Rams   v1.5   v2.0

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks   v2.0

I love this thread, but I do have one major question: why are there no  NFL logos on the back of the helmets and on the neck inserts?

On 6/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, mahnkej said:

Jacksonville Jaguars 2.0

Building on my original Jags concept, but cleaning up/simplifying the look a bit + upgrading to the Vapor Fusion template. You could consider these a "modern throwback" of sorts. I think these hit the sweet spot between being interesting and unique, without being overly generic like the current-gen design. 

RdVJvlI.png

urBiJjP.png

lTy9IgE.png

yQ0Q11U.pngan0CAld.png

LOVE IT! I definitely wish the Jacksonville Jaguars would change their primary colors to teal & gold & reincorporate gold into their uniforms.

On 12/30/2021 at 11:39 PM, CATLogo1 said:

I love this thread, but I do have one major question: why are there no  NFL logos on the back of the helmets and on the neck inserts?

Honest answer - I was too lazy to add them originally, and once I got going I never bothered to go back and add them. Also, the uniform template could change in the future and the NFL logos would be in different places. 

But either way, it's an easy fix so I'll probably just add them in eventually. 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:42 PM, CATLogo1 said:

LOVE IT! I definitely wish the Jacksonville Jaguars would change their primary colors to teal & gold & reincorporate gold into their uniforms.

Thanks man! And yeah, I totally agree. The Jags current uniforms are painfully boring. 

• 4 weeks later...

Green Bay Packers 3.0

Still reeling from my home team's annual postseason choke job (2010 season notwithstanding), I thought I'd give them some love by revisiting my original Packers concept. With the vast majority of NFL teams now on the Nike Vapor Untouchable template- and with the newer Vapor Fusion now an option as well - the Packers remain stuck on the same old Reebok-era template, for some reason.

In this version, Green Bay gets up to speed with an updated look, utilizing a more traditional 5-stripe pattern on the sleeves and a "Titletown USA" wordmark inside the neckline.

With any luck,  maybe Green Bay can go the same route as the Bucs from a year ago and win a Super Bowl after overhauling their uniforms.  A guy can dream, right?

FrJIJ4d.png

APSnybE.png

KrV4K7j.png

jGxq7E3.png

On 5/14/2021 at 1:30 AM, mahnkej said:

Houston Texans v2.0 (aka, Houston Oilers reborn)

MaYbbss.png

It's funny...much like the Cubs, even though red was always part of their scheme, the Oilers would not have looked nearly as good in red as the Texans do.  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• mahnkej changed the title to NFL Redesigns 2021 (Update - Washington Commanders)

Washington Commanders

Jumping on the bandwagon, here's my update to the underwhelming Washington Commanders rebrand. As far as I can tell, here's a summary of their new look:

The Good - They kept the excellent burgundy and gold colors. The 3 stars inside the collars was a nice touch, and the matte burgundy helmets are pretty clean as well.

The Bad - Basically everything else. Overall, a definite downgrade from their previous look IMO. The all-black alternates, especially, are trash.

In the version, I basically did a modern take on their classic look. Helmets get the Northwestern stripe treatment (which was really the best part of the (Commanders) uniform,  no idea why they ever went away from that). Gold TV numbers replace the "W" on the helmets.

Numbers go back to the classic block letter style. Pants get some striping to match the jerseys, while the sleeves also get 3 stars above the stripes to mimic the DC flag. Secondary logo is moved from the back neckline to the shoulders to help fill out that blank space.  Finally, a gold alternate jersey replaces the all-black look.

I also introduced a 2nd "faux-back" alternate which uses the old-school dark burgundy and gold colors, but with some modern twists. Gold military-style embellishments,  aka Scrambled eggs , are used on the jersey neckline to play up the 'Commanders' motif. The helmet also uses a new shield logo I created which is based off the Washington coat of arms

8OxEFIT.png

Unq6TUS.png

IgWSxh0.png

1cE7Zah.png

21 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Washington Commanders

Jumping on the bandwagon, here's my update to the underwhelming Washington Commanders rebrand. As far as I can tell, here's my summary of their new look:

The Good - Kept the burgundy and gold colors. The 3 stars inside the collars was a nice touch, and the matte burgundy helmets are not terrible. 

The Bad - Basically everything else. Overall, a definite downgrade from their previous look. 

In the version, I basically did a modern take on their classic look. Helmet get the Northwestern stripe treatment (which was really the best part of the Skins/Football Team look IMHO,  no idea why they ever went away from it). Gold TV numbers replace the "W" on the helmets. Numbers go back to the classic block letter style. Pants get some stripes to match the jerseys, while the sleeves also get 3 stars to mimic the DC flag. Secondary logo is moved from the back neckline to the shoulders to help fill out the blank space.  Finally, a gold alternate jerseys replace the all-black look, and burgundy pants are brought back into the mix.

I also introduced a 2nd "faux-back" alternate look which uses the old-school dark burgundy and gold colors, but with some modern twists. Golden military-style embellishments,  aka Scrambled eggs ,  are used on the jerseys to play up the Commanders motif. The helmet uses a new shield logo I created based on the Washington coat of arms

aj4itv4.png

sc4T0cr.png

cph0pT3.png

vLiOCAH.png

I like the shield on the last alt, but the numbers on helmets isn't a good look in my opinion. The W logo is ok and better than just slapping numbers on. 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:54 AM, walkerws said:

I like the shield on the last alt, but the numbers on helmets isn't a good look in my opinion. The W logo is ok and better than just slapping numbers on. 

To each their own. It definitely works with the W as well, it was just my personal preference to go w/ the helmet numbers since not many teams do that anymore. Here's a different version I made:

FDW3t0g.png

TohCKOm.png

8a7Nc5O.png

lIB1n15.png

The military embellishments on the collar for the 4th jersey is really nice, and I am loving that fauxback logo on that jersey as well. Really great concept. I also love the mustard yellow jersey - something I think Washington really needs to capitalize on IRL.

rAUPGPZ.png

• mahnkej changed the title to NFL Redesigns 2020

Archived