Hey ya'll, 

So I started this project back in the spring (when quarantine hit), not intending for this to be anything serious. This was just something fun do from home while everything was locked down.  But over the course of this year, I've been steadily knocking out a couple sets a week... And lo and behold, I've finally gotten through all 32 teams!

Disclaimer: I'm by no means a "pro user; I drew all these up using MS Paint, so obviously the level of detail isn't nearly what it could be. I'm just comfortable using Paint and it's good enough to get the job done. 

A couple notes:

1. I drew these sets up assuming there were no limiting factors (i.e. " the one helmet rule") that would affect uniform design. Teams can have as many different helmet/uniform combos as they want.
  2. Every team will have at least 4 different uniform combinations: a Home set, a Road set, an Alternate set, and a Throwback set. Some will have more, some will have less. I also won't show every possible combination, just some of the ones that look best together.
  3. I didn't just change things for the sake of changing them; if a team already has a good design, then I most likely didn't make any major changes.

With that said, I'll start things out in the AFC East and work my way west. Comments/feedback welcome! 

AFC East 

Buffalo Bills   v2.0

Miami Dolphins  v2.0

New England Patriots  v1.5

New York Jets v2.0

AFC North 

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals   v2.0 

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South

Houston Texans  v2.0

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars  v2.0

Tennessee Titans

AFC West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Chargers  v1.5

NFC East 

Dallas Cowboys   v1.5   v2.0

New York Giants   v2.0

Philadelphia Eagles   v2.0

Washington Football Team

NFC North 

Chicago Bears   v2.0

Detroit Lions   v2.0

Green Bay Packers   v2.0   v3.0

Minnesota Vikings  v2.0

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons  v2.0

Carolina Panthers   v2.0

New Orleans Saints  v1.5

Tampa Bay Buccaneers   v2.0

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals   v2.0   v3.0  v4.0

Los Angeles Rams   v1.5   v2.0

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks   v2.0   v2.5

Bonus

"City Connect" Special Edition Uniforms

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEAM #2: Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins have a really clean look, so I didn't try to fix what isn't broken. I took the striping pattern from the previous gen unis and blended it with the current design. Throwback uniforms are untouched, since they're arguably some of the best in the game.

m10zNvB.png

6NtgN1j.png

9c1KXCL.png

m8C32E8.png

17AoA13.png

TEAM #3: New England Patriots

The Pats noticeably improved things this past offseason, but there's still something a little generic about them. I changed the number font to match the Patriots wordmark, and brought back silver pants. Also added in a red alternate uniform, and brought back the Patriot Pat-era look for the throwbacks. 

4r0chIZ.png

9oqb2qL.png

iiZ9J6k.png

EDmeiOz.png

TEAM #4: New York Jets

Not really a fan of the last Jets rebrand, they took something that wasn't broke and they made them into a half-assed version of a CFL team. I decided to combine the best parts of the different Jets uniform eras into one set.  Added in the phrase "Take Flight" (Jets unofficial slogan) on the inside of the collar. Throwbacks are from the Super Bowl III - era Jets.

5u26NnY.png

atLwHs5.png

1xdCCFV.png

ZdBMlzk.png

iOzbwxf.png

TEAM #5: Baltimore Ravens

On to the AFC North, where we'll start with the Baltimore Ravens. I'm a big fan of their logos and coloring, so I didn't change these too much. Dropped the unnecessary drop-shadow from the numbers, and used the shield logo on the pants rather than the "B" (which just looks funny IMHO). Also got rid of the purple ravens-claw marks from the helmet to create a cleaner all-black look. Alternate look is based on the Maryland state flag (similar to what the Maryland Terps use).

XjDxiQj.png

60gpmPM.png

tsdnyRe.png

AwPFC5J.png

zmo5nUu.png

TEAM #6: Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals are a tale of 2 extremes. Their helmets are possibly the best in the NFL; the rest of the uniforms are possibly the worst. So I stuck with what works (the helmets and tiger-stripe pattern) and re-did everything else (goofy contrasting side panels, the jenky number font, B logo that nobody cares about, etc.) I went full-on White Tiger for the alternates, and also added a set of orange pants to give them some more options.

tx7az6V.png

pZ2z5d7.png

YUWeQ9s.png

KfG0Tcp.png

nlHpYja.png

TEAM #7: Cleveland Browns

The Browns nailed it by going back to a classic look with their last re-brand, so I didn't change these much. Added in an orange alternate jersey, and also brought stripes back to their all-brown combination as IMO they're a little too plain as is. 

B5pTDlk.png

46sXc6b.png

RCHB6AD.png

vEzJ5ir.png

DcEM3xA.png

TEAM #8: Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers have some of the best uniforms in the game, so I mostly didn't touch their primary uniforms. Tweaked the number font slightly, and made the pant stripe thinner to better mirror the single stripe on the helmet. Also changed the player names on the road jerseys from gold to black, as the current ones are a little hard to read from afar.  

Additionally, I kept a throwback set (even though it's practically the same as the current set) as 1) A nod to Pittsburgh's uber-successful heyday, and 2) For fans who prefer the classic block number version of Pittsburgh's look. 

DA1wUFk.png

wKG9WJs.png

8rl8B0t.png

24TDOx0.png

YsNVP4K.png

aWu3x9i.png

TEAM #9: Houston Texans

On to the AFC South, where we'll start with the Texans. Houston has some solid, albeit unspectacular jerseys.... nothing to really hate on, but not much that really stands out, either. Therefore, the changes I made were mainly to make these more reconizable & unique. In summary:

• Pants stripe is changed to to mirror the shoulder stripe (comes to a point, which mimics a cattle horn)
  • "We Are Texans" word mark on the inside of the collars becomes standard on all uniforms; currently, the wordmark is only found on the Color Rush jerseys
  • Used red script on the helmet bumpers, which pops a little more than navy blue
  • Added a red helmet to the mix
  • Added an alternate helmet design, to be used with the Color Rush jerseys

MUh4JOj.png

oUtL6gR.png

nWy3VEX.png

nKfkaOo.png

TEAM #10: Indianapolis Colts

Truthfully, Indy's uniforms are timeless and don't need redesigning. All I did was add 2 stripes to the helmet rather than 1 (what can I say, I'm a sucker for symmetry)! I also changed the facemasks from grey to white, as I think all-white looks cleaner, and added in a silver alternate jersey for kicks.

vwFFQk5.png

eriUxCQ.png

35z6bzN.png

5L3i8im.png

TEAM #11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville has always been an enigma to me. They have an amazing color scheme and primary logo... yet somehow, their uniforms always seem to fall short. The previous generation ones were a trainwreck, and the current ones (while not terrible) are basically glorified practice uniforms. I went back and forth on what I wanted to do with these. In the end, I decided to combine some of the best aspects of the different generations together. 

For the helmets, I went with the two-toned black and teal color from the 2009-2012 era, with the current primary Jaguar logo.  This would give them something unique compared to the rest of the league (shout-out to this guy for the inspiration). Added in full-bodied jaguars from the 1995-2008 era on the sleeves. Numbers and player names use 2013-2017 style font. Finishing touches include Jags shield logo on the chest, and a DUVAL wordmark inside the collars as a shout-out to the city of Jacksonville. The end result is basically a modern take on their throwback uniforms.

wMGAwi4.png

1FEKp8o.png

9yjcs2H.png

9DbEOD8.png

TEAM #12: Tennessee Titans

Great color scheme... mediocre primary logo & shoddy design. For my iteration, I dumped the Flaming Thumbtack logo in favor of the alternate "T" sword logo,  and used more sky blue color. I also dropped the two color sword motif from the shoulders and pants, as it looks a little tacky and XFL-ish to me.  Added an all-steel alternate uniform to give them a different look + additional helmet options to mix and match. And last but definitely not least, we get a return of the gorgeous Houston Oilers throwbacks.

GoEdtqi.png

o5i27B7.png

SFBB3nm.png

mIIWRAk.png

70otrhV.png

TEAM #13: Denver Broncos

Onto the AFC West, where we'll start with the Denver Broncos. Despite popular sentiment, I've always liked the Broncos current-generation uniforms; they're unique and were incredibly influential on future uniform designs. They could just use a few tweaks IMHO. 

I changed the numbers on the road uniform to be orange instead of navy, and dropped the orange trim from the pants stripe so that it matches the jersey stripes. I also cleaned up the helmet striping to match the jersey and pants, and added a sublimated version of the Colorado state logo on the sleeves. For the alternates, I used colors from the 1960-ish uniforms.  Throwbacks are from the John Elway era. 

5XlDeWQ.png

wAYJ3d6.png

9p8hqrA.png

8a42sdd.png

jf42GQc.png

TEAM #14: Kansas City Chiefs

The reigning champs have a great uniform to match: simple, classic, beautiful. They've hardly changed in 60 years, and for good reason. The only things I changed were: 1) Widen up the stripes on the pants, and 2) Changed the striping on the red pants to match the red jersey. I also added in black and gold jerseys to give them some different looks.

BTQMVxr.pngIZqg0VA.png

q3nOxql.png

HWYJYh7.png

mylIc08.png

TEAM #15: Las Vegas Raiders

Much like the Chiefs, the Raiders haven't changed much throughout their history.  The silver and black is a clean, timeless look that's been copied a thousand times over. For this reason, Home and Road uniforms stay as is.  For the alternates, I made a "Black Hole" design where everything is blacked out (helmet, helmet bumpers, facemasks, pants) and the used the current Color Rush/throwback uniforms for an all-white counterpart look.

Pk8Yiua.png

JhtkStZ.png

I9onoOP.png

uDcFzXn.png

TEAM #16: Los Angeles Chargers

To finish out the AFC, we come to the LA Chargers. They really hit a home run with their latest rebrand, so I didn't feel the need to change much. If anything, the current ones a just little bit plain. I added in a chest wordmark to fill out some of the blank space, as well as adding a gold alternate jersey. Throwbacks are from the 90's Junior Seau era. Bolt Up

vKKyxT3.png

BmRK5RS.pngVODM1jE.png

UHutBkI.png

BHO8n2p.png

TEAM #17: Dallas Cowboys

Switching over to the NFC: we'll start things out in the POWERHOUSE NFC East (heavy sarcasm intended). First team up is the 'Boys. This is one I'm sure will cause some controversy, as there's a lot of people who love the Cowboys unis, mismatched colors and all. I'm not one of them.

I cleaned things up by using one shade of blue and one shade of silver throughout. Also switched to using the old-school number font from the throwback jerseys throughout. Apart from this things stay mostly the same. I did change the road uniform to be a mirror image of the current home ones. The helmet stays as is, as the Cowboys' double outlined star is an iconic look.

9BdWsHi.png

YkENzj8.png

FgaJRhH.png

zyUYIhD.png

TEAM #18: New York Giants

If I have one complaint with the Giants, it's that their uniforms are almost TOO simple. The plain blue home jerseys could use a little color. I took the red Northwestern stripes on the road uniforms and used them throughout the set. Red alternate jerseys return, but with a twist - striping runs across the chest, rather than the sleeves (a la the Northwestern Wildcats). Also added in some blue pants to give them additional looks. 

PVNDZmH.png

U60Nuxg.png

USqkFOq.png

POLH50G.png

V5qDdNF.png

TEAM #19: Philadelphia Eagles

I brightened up the current shade of green a bit for the primary looks, and also brought back the classic Kelly Green throwback jerseys. Dropped black accents from the sleeve caps and collars, also dropped the double stripe from the pants and added a subdued eagle wing logo in its place.  Finally, I added silver pants to the mix, while also introducing a black helmet to give them the option of an all-black look for primetime/night games. "Fly Eagles Fly" wordmarks on the inside neckline and rear helmet bumpers are added in as a finishing touch.

V6GFVBI.png

ACPq3Ub.png

VX6X9AE.png

gKiyC9p.png

9v9lwcU.png

TEAM #20: Washington Red Wolves

For now, they're still the Washington Football Team; my heart tells me this won't last. Eventually they're gonna have to come up with an actual name, and many fans (myself included) seem keen on a switch. "Red Wolves" would give them something unique, and avoid any potential conflicts with using Native American imagery. 

People way more creative than myself have come up with some pretty fantastic concepts in anticipation already, and this one might be the best yet (credit to @DCSportsXP). I ran with this idea, keeping the already great burgundy and gold colors and fitting it into a new era. Three stars on the inside of the collars represent the DC Flag. Northwestern striping pattern from the old helmets are brought back and used throughout.

9Gf0qXX.png

vplYHTU.png

2SXrdDQ.png

8Q42pPJ.png

Archived