Hey ya'll, 

So I started this project back in the spring (when quarantine hit), not intending for this to be anything serious. This was just something fun I could do from home while everything was locked down.  But over the course of this year, I've just been knocking out 2-3 sets per week in my free time. And lo and behold, I've finally gotten through all 32 teams!

Disclaimer: I'm by no means a "pro user"; I drew all these up using MS Paint, so obviously the level of detail isn't nearly what some others may have I'm just comfortable with Paint and it's good enough to get the job done, so that's what I used. 

A couple notes:

1. I drew these sets up assuming there were no limiting factors, i.e. " the one helmet rule" that would affect uniform design. Teams can have as many different uniform/helmet combos as they want.
  2. Every team will have at least 4 different uniform combinations: a Home set, a Road set, an Alternate set, and a Throwback set. Some will have more, some will have less. I also won't show every possible combination, just the ones that I think look best together. 
  3. I didn't just change things for the sake of changing them; if a team already has a good design, then I most likely didn't make any major changes.

With all that being said, I'll start out in the AFC East and work my way west. Comments/feedback welcome! 

AFC East 

Buffalo Bills   v2.0

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots  v1.5

New York Jets

AFC North 

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals   v2.0   v2.5

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South

Houston Texans  v2.0

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

AFC West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Chargers   v2.0   v2.5

NFC East 

Dallas Cowboys   v2.0   v3.0

New York Giants   v2.0

Philadelphia Eagles   v2.0

Washington Football Team

NFC North 

Chicago Bears   v2.0

Detroit Lions   v2.0

Green Bay Packers   v2.0

Minnesota Vikings

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers   v2.0   v3.0

New Orleans Saints  v1.5  v2.0

Tampa Bay Buccaneers   v2.0

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals   v2.0   v3.0

Los Angeles Rams   v1.5   v2.0

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks   v2.0

TEAM #2: Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins have a really clean look, so I didn't try to fix what isn't broke. Took the striping pattern from the previous gen unis and blended it with the current design. Throwback uniforms are untouched, since they're arguably the best in the game. 

32rErJp.png

yZKCzUL.png

XJ6NrQI.png

HFmpCad.png

wH1iwfX.png

6WABxKY.png

TEAM #3: New England Patriots

The Pats noticeably improved things this past offseason, but there's still something a little off about them. I changed the number font to match the Patriots wordmark, and brought back silver pants. Also added in a red alternate uniform, and brought back the Patriot Pat-era look for the throwbacks. 

XyYUUKU.png

ovvXGJa.png

QSE0Y18.png

m375H3R.png

eB6ikog.png

TEAM #4: New York Jets

Not really a fan of the last Jets rebrand, they took something that wasn't broke and they made them into a half-assed version of a CFL team. I decided to combine the best parts of the different Jets uniform eras into one set.  Added in the phrase "Take Flight" (Jets unofficial slogan) on the inside of the collar. Throwbacks are from the Super Bowl III -era Jets.

yehbJpe.png

jZvENPW.png

9SR0HtI.png

y3zC5t0.png

c2rySOG.png

TEAM #5: Baltimore Ravens

On to the AFC North, where we'll start with the Baltimore Ravens. I'm a big fan of their logos and coloring, so I didn't change these too much. Dropped the unnecessary drop-shadow numbering, and used the shield logo on the pants rather than the B (which just looks funny IMHO). Took the purple ravens-claw marks off the helmet to create a cleaner all-black look. Added in an alternate based on the Maryland state flag (similar to what the Maryland Terps use). Added in a gold "Ravens Flock" wordmark to the inside of the collars. 

gvaUhfg.png

DdudvrA.png

DsemUe4.png

En4ylYK.png

qEWayxs.png

TEAM #6: Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals are a tale of 2 extremes. Their helmets are possibly the best in the NFL; the rest of the uniforms are possibly the worst. So I stuck with what works (the helmets and tiger-stripe pattern) and re-did everything else (goofy contrasting side panels, the jenky number font, B logo that nobody cares about, etc.) I went full-on White Tiger for the alternates, and also added in a set of orange pants to give them more options.

jmRWCid.png

iPWsGSo.png

OZcy11i.png

l92kcxH.png

9cqS9jo.png

TEAM #8: Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers have some of the best uniforms in the game, so I mostly didn't touch their primary uniforms. Tweaked the number font slightly, and made the pant stripe thinner to better mirror the single stripe on the helmet. Changed the player names on the road jerseys from gold to black, as the  current ones are a little hard to make out from afar.  Finally, I added a couple alternates including an all grey "Steel City" look, which includes greyscale colors, as a nod to the city's steel industry. 

Additionally, I kept a throwback set (even though it's practically the same as the current set) as 1) A nod to Pittsburgh's uber-successful heyday, and 2) For any viewers out there who prefer the plain block numbering version of Pittsburgh's look. 

gcK7XhY.png

YpziUZR.png

sfYHb5F.png

GWnAfa4.png

WZwx5pO.png

hZWNN7T.png

oxIqg7R.png

TEAM #9: Houston Texans

On to the AFC South, where we'll start with Houston. Texans have some solid (albeit unspectacular) jerseys.... nothing to really hate on, but not a lot that really stands out, either. Therefore, changes I made were subtle, to give them something a little more unique:

• Red alternates become the primary home uniform
  • Pant striping is changed to to mirror the shoulder stripe (comes to a point, which mimics a cattle horn)
  • "We Are Texans" word mark on the inside of the collars becomes standard on all uniforms (currently featured on the Color Rush jerseys only)
  • Used red script on the helmet bumpers, which pops a little more
  •  Tweaked the Color Rush jerseys to be a little more unique, with a new helmet to match. 

acFXnnx.png

QKA0120.png

2xZNUsc.png

ksmInoK.png

g12vmIh.png

BppuQF4.png

TEAM #10: Indianapolis Colts

Indy's uniforms are timeless and don't need redesigning. All I did was add 2 stripes to the helmet rather than 1 (what can I say, I'm a sucker for symmetry). I also changed the facemasks from grey to white, as I think this looks cleaner, and added a silver alternate jersey in for kicks. 

JvB3NmM.png

37Ge9hC.png

XVx1mIm.png

vTN93jq.png

9vJyI9s.png

TEAM #11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville has always been an enigma to me. They have an amazing color scheme and primary logo... yet somehow, they always seem to fall short. The previous generation ones were a trainwreck, and the current ones (while not bad) are basically glorified practice uniforms. I went back and forth on what I wanted to do with these. In the end, I decided to combine some of the best aspects of the different generations.

For the helmets, I went with the two-toned black and teal color from the 2009-2012 era, with the current primary logo.  This would give them something unique compared to the rest of the league (shout-out to this guy for the inspiration). Added in the full-bodied jaguars from the 1995-2008 era on the sleeves. Numbers and player names use 2013-2017 style font. Finishing touches include Jags shield logo on the pants & shoulders, and a DUVAL wordmark inside the collars as a shout-out to the city of Jacksonville. The end result is basically a modern take on their throwback uniforms

gNFAat8.png

MVVDfC7.png

tCbhvLZ.png

6l61z7J.png

c9IKD3G.png

TEAM #12: Tennessee Titans

Great color scheme... mediocre logo/design. I dumped the Flaming Thumbtack logo, and used more of that pretty sky blue color. Also dropped the sword motif from the shoulders and pants, as it looks a little XFL-ish. Added an all-steel alternate uniform to give them a different look/additional helmet options. And last but definitely not least, we get a return of the gorgeous Houston Oilers throwbacks to tie it all together. 

tYj7dm8.png

VQGOmLF.png

XCQ70B3.png

k0swAxs.png

XBU6nex.png

TEAM #13: Denver Broncos

Onto the AFC West to finish out the AFC. We'll start with the Denver Broncos. Despite popular sentiment, I've always liked the Broncos current-gen uniforms; they're unique and were incredibly influential on future uniform designs. They could just use a few tweaks.

I added in some orange numbering to make the road uniforms pop, and dropped the orange trim from the pants so the pant striping matches the jersey striping. I also cleaned up the helmet striping to match the jersey and pants,  and added in a "5280" wordmark inside the collars as a shout-out to the city of Denver. Finally, I added in a sublimated version of the Colorado state logo on the sleeves. For the alternates, I used colors from the 1960-ish uniforms. Throwbacks are from the John Elway era. 

7nqP204.png

KZ8eNm3.png

eAxxWBt.png

gf7BvkA.png

bwTHpOt.png

FCrdb3x.png

TEAM #14: Kansas City Chiefs

The reigning champs have a great uniform to match: simple, classic, beautiful. They're hardly changed in 60 years for a reason. The only things I changed were: 1) Widen up the stripes on the pants, and 2) Change the striping on the red pants to match the red jersey. I also added in black and gold alternate jerseys to give them some different looks.

fNxVVPY.png

g5pWDIW.png

o4iicaS.png

KJypl5E.png

ByqccQh.png

TEAM #15: Las Vegas Raiders

Much like the Chiefs, the Raiders haven't changed much throughout their history. And for good reason. The silver and black is a clean, timeless look that's been copied a thousand times over. For this reason, Home and Road uniforms stay exactly the same. For the alternates, I made a "Black Hole" design where everything is blacked out (helmet, helmet bumpers, facemasks, pants) and the used the current Color Rush/throwback uniforms for an all-white counterpart look.

UGP0XjO.png

PQHDpYC.png

M8gsqgw.png

42k1SIO.png

TEAM #16: Los Angeles Chargers

To finish out the AFC, we come to the LA Chargers. They really hit a home run with their latest rebrand, so I didn't want to mess with them too much. If anything, the current ones a just little bit plain. I added in a chest wordmark and some shoulder numbering to fill out that blank space on the jerseys. Also added an alternate gold jersey; throwbacks are from the 90's era. Bolt Up

LOARwf8.png

s0aE65N.png

ENlMad5.png

VfzdjTL.png

WAp7L60.png

TEAM #17: Dallas Cowboys

Switching over to the NFC: we'll start things out in the POWERHOUSE NFC East (heavy sarcasm intended). First team up is the Cowboys. This is one I'm sure will cause some controversy, as there's a lot of people who love the Cowboys duds, mismatched colors and all. I'm not one of them. I cleaned things up by using one shade of blue and one shade of silver throughout. Apart from this things stay mostly the same. Changed the road uniform to be a mirror image of the current home ones. The helmet stays as is, as the Cowboys' double outlined star is an iconic logo.

V7Iw6Be.png

KipCKEH.png

Yk0Dv9v.png

2Inkx4G.png

18nMCWP.png

TEAM #18: New York Giants

If I have one complaint with the Giants, it's that their uniforms are almost TOO simple. The plain blue home jerseys could use a little color. I took the red Northwestern stripes on the road uniforms and used them throughout the set. Red alternate jerseys return, but with a twist - striping run across the chest, rather than the sleeves (a la the Northwestern Wildcats). Also added in some blue pants to give them additional combinations.

ZB2KISs.png

3Xnyjwd.png

4CEvnhs.png

HYAaMoQ.png

QyDcoKT.png

KEclB02.png

TEAM #19: Philadelphia Eagles

I brightened up the current shade of green a bit for the primary looks, and also brought back the classic Kelly green for the Color Rush and Throwback looks. Added in some silver pants to give them some more options, and also made an all-black alternate combination (including black helmets) to give them a mean look for primetime/night games.

60Q7bat.png

DLF2gm2.png

ZhA7AEU.png

yhCMO8L.png

NiGLNHp.png

wpr9DHV.png

TEAM #20: Washington Red Wolves

For now, they're still the Washington Football Team; my heart tells me this won't last. Eventually they're gonna have to come up with an actual name, and many fans (myself included) seem keen on a switch. Red Wolves would give them something unique, and avoid any potential conflicts with using Native American imagery. People way more creative than myself have come up with some pretty fantastic concepts in anticipation already, and this one might be the best of all (credit to @DCSportsXP). 

I ran with this idea, keeping the already great burgundy and gold colors and fitting it into a new era. Three stars on the inside of the collars represent the DC Flag. Northwestern striping patterns comes from the old helmets. This might be my favorite set of the whole project so far.

6N3FqVY.png

daaxZuL.png

BgRD4LM.png

Pc98Gqq.png

Qigeyt0.png