TEAM #21: Chicago Bears

Onto the good old Black & Blue Division, the NFC North, where the first team up is Da Bears. Their uniform hasn't changed much throughout their history, and I'm not about to buck this trend. All I really did was unify the striping pattern across the different jerseys, and added in some different pants options. Orange alternates make a comeback as well.

V9koMAH.png

xeIFt1U.png

KYWILOf.png

O3sMzdc.png

BoGQvbK.png

z4pneIj.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEAM #22: Detroit Lions

Detroit definitely upgraded big time after their last rebrand, but there's still a few things I thought could use some tweaking. The main change was going back to white lettering & numbering on the home jerseys, as the grey tends to get lost against the Honolulu blue.  Alternate uniform becomes silver rather than the current gunmetal grey, with the "Motor City" chest wordmark being a nod to Detroit's famous automotive industry. 

tUV3OSf.png

TolZMUS.png

aIT4Ean.png

MwZiFIH.png

WlKmy5Z.png

TEAM #23: Green Bay Packers

Probably one of the most iconic looks in football. As such, I hardly changed anything on the primary uniform set. Main changes I made were to bring back the 90's-style sleeve stripes, as well as adding in a gold alternate jersey. Previous style throwback jersey returns as a 4th look. 

ZH7iU60.png

qfCX0Iy.png

TifFFJL.png

p6vDifb.png

TEAM #24: Minnesota Vikings

The Vikes killed it with their last redesign (one of the few Nike designs in the past ~10 years you can say that about) so I didn't change a lot. My main focus was on keeping the striping pattern consistent across uniform sets. I also added a gold alternate jersey, tweaked the number font, and changed their facemasks from black to purple. Throwback jerseys use the previous-generation version of the Viking horn on the helmets. 

xPlb58g.png

4uaCjcz.png

H6eYHXS.png

QbytpSx.png

Gbb7TKC.png

TEAM #25: Atlanta Falcons

Onto the Dirty (NFC) South. I definitely don't hate everything the Falcons did with this season's rebrand... but I definitely don't love it, either. I tried to clean things up a bit. Went aggressive with the numbering (Falcons Font is a damn good typeface), but toned everything else down. Dropped the obnoxious red gradient pants, made the ATL wordmark less obnoxiously large, and changed the obnoxious chrome facemasks to a cleaner all-black look. I also added a Rise Up wordmark inside the collars as a shout-out to the city of Atlanta. Throwback unis - complete with a return of the classic red helmets -  rounds things out.

CBX0Yzl.png

bnzQR8S.png

mChMDAu.png

kG5u7WR.png

ELSEVHx.png

TEAM #26: Carolina Panthers

Carolina has a gorgeous logo and color scheme - unfortunately, the rest of the uniform is stuck in 1995. Carolina is long overdue for a makeover, so I opted for a full-on overhaul here. Changed the helmets to a shiny black finish (silver works fine but Panthers are black, not silver). Changed the number font to something more resembling their typeface, and added in claw marks to the jerseys and pants. 

Note: While doing this set, I found that someone else had already beaten me to the punch. Not exactly the same design as mine, but similar enough that I would feel like a thief without giving the credit where credit's due. 

AK53IIC.png

7cNcwXX.png

grDwzA8.png

GNXjfYa.png

TEAM #27: New Orleans Saints

WHO DAT! The Saints already have a great color scheme and design,  so I didn't try to reinvent the wheel here. Mainly just made some tweaks to make them a little less generic. I used the Saints custom number font for the numbers, added a "Nola" wordmark to the jerseys and helmet bumpers, and added a gold alternate jersey. Also changed the shade of gold to more of the classic "Old Gold" color that the Saints currently use in the Color Rush uniforms.

5-stripe sleeve pattern becomes the primary look throughout, while a  3-stripe shoulder pattern on the alternate set gives them a different look.

5QFJyaa.png

rHtYibN.png

yo7NBKA.png

h3tIRYw.png

xiFkd3D.png

TEAM #28: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Went back on forth on what I wanted to do with these. On one hand, Tampa definitely made the right move in going away from their hideous alarm clock font jerseys; on the other hand, they didn't take many risks with the new ones. These are basically the same jerseys as they wore in their Tampa 2- era heyday. That said: if you're gonna copy an era, that's a really good era to copy.

In the end, I ended up sticking with the basic current design. The main changes I made were to the all-pewter alternates. I also made a blacked-out alternate uniform which makes prominent use of the skull and crossbones logo.  And last but not least, we see a return of the much-beloved orange creamsicle throwbacks!

aahMKLm.png

YOetEWA.png

Oj6qspC.png

43HlC6m.png

xZpVhgs.png

IbUiFqd.png

TEAM #29: Arizona Cardinals

In the home stretch now, last division up is the NFC West. First team up is the Cardinals. Arizona definitely has a prototypical "2000's" kind of uniform - edgy once upon a time, on different uniform template,  but starting to feel pretty dated in 2020. Not everyone is a fan, including their franchise QB. They're another team primed for a makeover.

I went in a more traditional route here, using a classic 5-stripe Northwestern pattern on the sleeves and dumping the side panels on the jerseys. The end result is something a little less busy, and a little more pleasing to the eyes (hopefully). 

0vlbnpH.png

51tK2X8.png

IoAzvrs.png

vFSMrWy.png

TEAM #30: Los Angeles Rams

I'll admit, I thought the Rams new duds were some hot IKEA garbage when they first came out. And I'm still not convinced they weren't a regression. But they have grown on me a bit. The helmets, especially, are lowkey pretty good. But I still think they would do well to go back to something closer to their throwbacks, which were universally loved. So that's what I did.

Behold, the (not IKEA) Rams!

tcyihO1.png

ciAt1ZV.png

MmPMMEc.png

oW253YY.png

O0n4h9P.png

B6k8kxK.png

DzxYFfJ.png

TEAM #31: San Francisco 49ers

Don't fix what isn't broken. The 49ers have one of the league's most classic looks, and they've won 5 Super Bowls wearing that look.  So I kept things simple: added in a gold alternate, and switched the face masks from grey to red to make the gold helmets pop a little more. Done. 

KUC9bdM.png

CeaWxdk.png

4b1HRsZ.png

FBPOD9f.png

1oWQx1N.png

TEAM #32: Seattle Seahawks

To finish things off, we come to a fitting team: The Seattle Seahawks. Seattle definitely turned some heads when they rebranded in 2012, and whether you love 'em or hate 'em, you can't deny that they've been incredibly influential. Fans consistently rank them highly, too. With that knowledge in mind, I set about looking to tweak the stuff that works, rather than tear down and start from scratch.

• What works: The color scheme (awesome), the feather pattern on the numbers (also awesome), the homage to the fans (also also awesome).
  • What doesn't work: WTF are those shoulder/sleeve/chest stripes supposed to be anyways? Still haven't figured that one out. 

The end result is something a little more traditional, that still preserves a lot of the cool stuff that makes the Hawks unique. Felt good to end this project on a high note! 

ynqftdx.png

89PJ3nH.png

8xTW27X.png

0KT2ose.png

On 11/20/2020 at 9:52 PM, Bruhammydude said:

These look pretty good so far! A couple nitpicks I have is first of all, the navy strip on the Jets collar needs to go, it just looks bad IMO, and secondly, Washington's burgundy looks like brown. But these are nice so far!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Definitely solid points. The Jets collar was an idea I got from another designer, but after looking at it again, I agree. It just doesn't quite work. Fair point about Washington also. The burgundy I used was their official shade (according to their website), but it ends up looking pretty dark on a computer screen.

23 hours ago, John1988 said:

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback! Definitely solid points. The Jets collar was an idea I got from another designer, but honestly it doesn't quite work with those colors. Fair point about Washington also. The burgundy I used was their official shade (according to their website), but it does look pretty dark on a computer screen.

These were some good concepts, underappreciated IMO. My thing about the collars is not only is it a different color scheme, but you already made them a Titans throwback, so I feel like thats a good about of representation. It's not like the Titans were all that notable anyway. But like I said, these are some fine looking concepts!

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 11/19/2020 at 2:35 PM, John1988 said:

TEAM #4: New York Jets

Not really a fan of the last Jets rebrand, they took something that wasn't broke and they made them into a half-assed version of a CFL team. I combined the best parts of the different Jets uniform eras into one amalgamation. Added in the phrase "Take Flight" (Jets unofficial slogan) on the inside of the colar. Throwback uniforms are from the Super Bowl III -era Jets, led by Joe Namath. 

SR3k0Y1.png

HXTzro4.png

1trFmra.png

9kccsm8.png

ZOBsIlm.png

xflkiA6.png

I like what you've done with the Jets, I just hate that "puke" shade of green.

If the Jets went with your concept (Namath era striping, white helmet with the '90s logo), but just changed the shade of green to the '90s shade (darker than kelly green, but not as dull as that puke shade, they'd be perfect IMO.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 11/20/2020 at 9:03 PM, John1988 said:

TEAM #17: Dallas Cowboys

Switching over to the NFC: we'll start things out in the POWERHOUSE NFC East (heavy sarcasm intended). First team up is the Cowboys. This is one I'm sure will cause some controversy, as there's a lot of people who love the Cowboys duds, mismatched colors and all. I'm not one of them. I cleaned things up by using one shade of blue and one shade of silver throughout the uniforms. Apart from this, things stay mostly the same. Changed the road uniform to be a mirror image of the current home ones. The helmet stays as is, as the Cowboys' double outlined star is an iconic look. 

ch7y0VV.png

MN4VnMd.png

iKuGVGf.png

fup9cox.png

I like the simplicity of your main white and blue Cowboys uniforms. I too, never liked the mismatching colors that they have.

I have always liked the blue-gray shade that their pants and helmets used to be and the shade of blue kind of between royal blue and navy blue that they used to have.

It gave the Cowboys a unique look.

I'd love to see your concept rendered in those colors.

spacer.pngspacer.png

20 hours ago, gimmick said:

I like the simplicity of your main white and blue Cowboys uniforms. I too, never liked the mismatching colors that they have.

I have always liked the blue-gray shade that their pants and helmets used to be and the shade of blue kind of between royal blue and navy blue that they used to have.

It gave the Cowboys a unique look.

I'd love to see your concept rendered in those colors.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate you checking my stuff out! I really like your idea about the Cowboys actually... next time I get a chance I'll make a version with those colors. 

Archived