2021 brings a new home kit for Atlanta United. I know gradients/fades are gimmicky and don't hold up well over time, but I don't hate it in this context for some reason. I'm at least hoping Atlanta goes back to the 5 stripes aesthetic that they're originally known for. I also hope they do something special for their 5th anniversary playing in ATL to make this edition more fun and collectible.

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Understandable. Doesn’t give them much leeway with shirt designs though.

True. But, I don't think they'll always stick with a 5 stripes design for their shirt. Atlanta can still be "The Five Stripes" because of their logo. I just like the idea of a 5 stripe design for an anniversary kit for nostalgia.

As a non-traditional looking kit (due to the gradients), I like it. I think the gold Adidas stripes on the side is such a good move on kits with vertical stripes, since the shoulder Adidas stripes are really intrusive there. Did you make the logo with the gold spike and the A interlocked? I don't think I've seen it. I think the details of it might get a bit lost on the sock as is.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived