NFL Uniform Rankings

MJD7

Each rank is in no particular order

S: San Francisco, Indianapolis, Chicago, Oakland, New York Giants, Miami. 

A: Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Houston, Baltimore, Washington, Detroit, Green Bay, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. 

B: Carolina, Seattle, San Diego, Minnesota, New York Jets, Denver. 

C:: Philadelphia, Dallas, New Orleans, New England, Jacksonville. 

D:: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Tennessee, Arizona. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

spacer.png

"Best" is teams that don't need any changes.

"Very Good" is teams that need slight tweaks (or just removing alts).

"Good" is teams that need larger tweaks than Very Good.

"Average" is teams that need more changes than just tweaks.

"Bad" is teams that need to make major changes.

"Terrible" is teams that need to scrap just about everything.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Here's my ranking. I ranked them left to right within each tier based solely on my personal opinion. Most of the league is either average or solid. (Edit: I'd rank the niners a tier up now that I think about it, between Detroit and Las Vegas.)

RFuwI1Q.png

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

https://imgur.com/sl8mXrohttps://imgur.com/sl8spacer.png

Couple of explanations

-Dolphins would move up a tier with better logo

-I've been a fan of the Jets' look ever since the rebrand happened and nobody has done the throwback style correct after Reebok botched them up and then Nike made it 5 times worse and gave them mismatching greens to boot. It would be a shame if the Jets switch to something new after the minimum 5 years because of the disaster that is the Gase regime. Sue me.

-Patriots would be up a tier with a second pair of pants

-Bills would move up a tier, even 2, if they brought back the red helmets because they look great below the neck

-Saints would be Average if it weren't for current uniform trends, but their constant monochrome looks knock them down a tier

-Titans issue is everything but the colors

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On 11/26/2020 at 6:47 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Each rank is in no particular order

S: San Francisco, Indianapolis, Chicago, Oakland, New York Giants, Miami. 

A: Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Houston, Baltimore, Washington, Detroit, Green Bay, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. 

B: Carolina, Seattle, San Diego, Minnesota, New York Jets, Denver. 

C:: Philadelphia, Dallas, New Orleans, New England, Jacksonville. 

D:: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Tennessee, Arizona. 

I'm guilty of this as well.

sig.png

On 11/26/2020 at 5:30 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I’ve got mine: 

I stand by ranking Denver high and Jacksonville low.

I think you need to defend ranking Jacksonville too high.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

9QtefLA.png

Some tough calls/notes:

• I was going back and forth between A and B for Pittsburgh. I'm usually a fan of unorthodox number fonts on football uniforms, but I wouldn't mind it if the Steelers went with the blockier/more traditional option full-time. In the end, I still went with A-tier for them, though.
  • I was going back and forth between B and C for New Orleans and Philadelphia. If New Orleans wore their gold pants more often (at home and on the road), they'd absolutely be higher, perhaps even knocking on the door of A-tier. As for the Eagles, I don't have a strong dislike for their current uniform set, but I don't love it either. I normally think Kelly Green is a bit overrated around here, but I can't deny the Eagles would look better if they returned to it.
  • There are a handful of teams whose sets I like more than a lot of other folks do, namely Arizona, Cincinnati, and Tennessee.

Here's what I came up with, with teams additionally ordered from best to worst within in each tier. I think that I think that I may be a bit of a uniform optimist with the NFL's current looks, with my list featuring more teams in the top two tiers than the bottom 3. 

8YOHpXC.png

Important Notes:

• It became really close between the Bears, Chargers, and Buccaneers for my favorite NFL uniform, but I ultimately decided to go with the longest-tenured look that I've felt consistent about throughout my life: the Bears. The beautiful use of color, striping, and a unique font is an awesome combination that is flawless.
  • The Falcons make the "Good" tier just barely, as their futuristic set has grown on me more and more over the course of watching the team in action. Subtle tweaks and the addition of silver pants could elevate them even further.
  • Teams in the mediocre team use uniforms that aren't offensively ugly, but may need tweaks to add some personality and solidify the identity. They're very close to good.
  • There are some classic uniforms that I generally dislike more than most making the "Bad" tier, specifically in the Saints and Cowboys. The Saints' jerseys are too basic, the colors have grown desaturated and a bit lifeless, and the stripeless pants just ruin it all to create a truly bad uniform. The Cowboy's navy set is superior to their whites, which is unfortunate because they pretty much only go with the white. Consistency in color would elevate them greatly.
  • Teams in the "Vomit" tier generally possess disjointed uniforms that just don't work. This description best describes the Titans and Cardinals. The Jaguars' uniform has restraint and a sense of consistency, but the simplicity is taken too far and does a terrible job of representing the who the Jaguars are. 

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

3MjgV0O.png

I struggled most with the Gᴏᴏᴅ tier. Learned a bit about my tastes doing this. This is how I determined the list. 

Gʀᴇᴀᴛ: Can remain as they are

Gᴏᴏᴅ: Can be improved with minor tweaks

Aᴠᴇʀᴀɢᴇ: Can either be tweaked or updated

Mᴇʜ: I groan when I see them

Bᴀᴅ: “Enough is enough, and it’s time for a change!”

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived