NFL Uniform Redesigns - YUNGMAN

YungMan

I thought I'd give a try to redesigning NFL uniforms. I've got a few in the can and if there is any interest for more I'll post them.

The first team the hometown one, the Cleveland Browns. In all honesty I think the current uniforms are near perfect, so instead of posting a near identical uniform to the current one I thought I'd change a bit. I added a number outline similar to the 1984 uniform and simplified the stripes on the shoulders. I also added a patch, using the concept CB logo from the 60s. Constructive criticism is welcome, I don't makes these uniforms with any fancy program so I am sure there is room for improvement.\

First is the home Uniform with the standard white pants.

spacer.png

Next are the orange pants, I am unsure whether or not this would be their primary pants set or not.

spacer.png

Away with White Pants

spacer.png

Away with Orange Pants

spacer.png

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GDLions said:

Good set, nothing crazy and its pretty clean. My only suggestion is to fix the stripes on the white pants or the white jersey, they should match, but they dont right now.

Thanks, and here are the edited pants. I think it looks better too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

13 hours ago, YungMan said:

I thought I'd give a try to redesigning NFL uniforms. I've got a few in the can and if there is any interest for more I'll post them.

The first team the hometown one, the Cleveland Browns. In all honesty I think the current uniforms are near perfect, so instead of posting a near identical uniform to the current one I thought I'd change a bit. I added a number outline similar to the 1984 uniform and simplified the stripes on the shoulders. I also added a patch, using the concept CB logo from the 60s. Constructive criticism is welcome, I don't makes these uniforms with any fancy program so I am sure there is rom for improvement.\

First is the home Uniform with the standard white pants.

spacer.png

Next are the orange pants, I am unsure whether or not this would be their primary pants set or not.

spacer.png

Away with White Pants

spacer.png

Away with Orange Pants

spacer.png

I love the lack of brown pants and the white face mask. I think matching the striping across all items was necessary as well. I think that replacing the "CB" logo with Brownie the Elf would take this over the top

13 hours ago, YungMan said:

1 hour ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I love the lack of brown pants and the white face mask. I think matching the striping across all items was necessary as well. I think that replacing the "CB" logo with Brownie the Elf would take this over the top

Thanks I appreciate that. I added Brownie the Elf for the patch but it didn't seem to mesh well. Though you can assume that he would be the primary logo for this Browns team.

Next up is the Cincinnati Bengals. While they are rivals to my Browns, at one point I think they had some of the best uniforms in football. I was heavily inspired by the Boomer Esiason era uniforms, simple and classy. I especially hate Yokes on almost all uniforms and the Bengals current uniform is no exception. I didn't give them an orange jersey, as I am not a big fan of it. Perhaps later down the line I'll add one as an alternate. Another change was adding the tiger stripe pattern to the socks, I've seen other do it and I really liked how it looked.

Home Uniform

spacer.png

Away Uniform

spacer.png

Home with Black Pants

spacer.png

Away with Black Pants

spacer.png

13 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Bengals away set with black pants looks especially sharp. You're 2 for 2 in my book

Thanks, next up for the AFC North are the Ravens. These uniforms are similar to the current Raven's look, with the exception brining back the Raven logo from the 90s. Next up are the Steelers.

Ravens Home

spacer.png

Ravens Home with Black Jersey

spacer.png

Ravens Home, Purple Jersey Black Pants

spacer.png

Ravens Home, the double black look

spacer.png

Ravens Away

spacer.png

Ravens Away Black Pants

spacer.png

Bengals look good, I love the classic look for them too.

Ravens are ok, but theres some things you need to fix to clean it up. The "B" in the logo is facing the wrong way and the raven on the shoulders is upside down on the back view of the jerseys, I also feel like the shoulder raven shouldnt over lap the collar like it does. If you shrink it down just a little I think it will look cleaner.

I also think the purple should be brightened up a little bit.

Liking this series so far! Excited to see the rest!

1 hour ago, GDLions said:

Bengals look good, I love the classic look for them too.

Ravens are ok, but theres some things you need to fix to clean it up. The "B" in the logo is facing the wrong way and the raven on the shoulders is upside down on the back view of the jerseys, I also feel like the shoulder raven shouldnt over lap the collar like it does. If you shrink it down just a little I think it will look cleaner.

I also think the purple should be brightened up a little bit.

Liking this series so far! Excited to see the rest!

I'm not sure how I didn't notice the logo being upside down and the shoulder raven being on the wrong side, thanks. Do you think the shoulder Raven is a good idea if executed better?

1 minute ago, YungMan said:

I'm not sure how I didn't notice the logo being upside down and the shoulder raven being on the wrong side, thanks. Do you think the shoulder Raven is a good idea if executed better?

Lol it happens dude!

If I'm honest about it I think it would fit better on the pants in place of the shield and then move the shield to the shoulder or sleeve. I like that logo though and definitely think its under appreciated.

1 hour ago, GDLions said:

Lol it happens dude!

If I'm honest about it I think it would fit better on the pants in place of the shield and then move the shield to the shoulder or sleeve. I like that logo though and definitely think its under appreciated.

I took your advice, I moved the full raven logo to the helmet and placed a shield on the shoulder. Initially I wanted to place the flag of Maryland, but I lack the skills to make it look good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I like the use of block numbers for the Ravens, but would love to see purple accents on the white jersey and pants, or potentially a purple pants option. That being said, you’re 3 for 3 on these first designs.

Thanks, and with regards to the purple pants I think that would be too much of that color, though I'd be happy to add it for you if you know which jersey it should go with. Another question for whoever is reading this, should I go in order or just post some of the uniforms I have made. With some teams like the Steelers there is not much I'd change, but I do have several uniforms already made from teams that I think need the redesigned most.

8 hours ago, YungMan said:

Thanks, and with regards to the purple pants I think that would be too much of that color, though I'd be happy to add it for you if you know which jersey it should go with. Another question for whoever is reading this, should I go in order or just post some of the uniforms I have made. With some teams like the Steelers there is not much I'd change, but I do have several uniforms already made from teams that I think need the redesigned most.

I think purple pants would look best with a white jersey, and potentially the black one. In regards to your next post, I don’t see an issue with going out of order.

I think I'd go purple numbers on the away, right now it looks too much like a saints jersey. I'd also add some purple pants and maybe a cooler, custom font, similar to what they have now?? Only problem is if you do all that it's not even really a concept 🤣. Maybe it's not a bad thing to keep their uniforms rather the same as what they have, I really like their current look, not much you should necessarily change in my book. 

21 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I think I'd go purple numbers on the away, right now it looks too much like a saints jersey. I'd also add some purple pants and maybe a cooler, custom font, similar to what they have now?? Only problem is if you do all that it's not even really a concept 🤣. Maybe it's not a bad thing to keep their uniforms rather the same as what they have, I really like their current look, not much you should necessarily change in my book. 

I agree with most of what you said, there are some really strong uniforms in the NFL now, so I might try to go out on a limb with those designs or I might not change too much. Such as the Packers, Bears, Colts. Its funny you brought up the Saints, as they are the next team I'm going to post.

For the Saints I was heavily inspired by the older Archie Manning Uniforms and their recent color rush. I prefer that shade of gold to the mutated one they currently have, and I know it may seem sacrilegious but I really like the white pants for the home uniform. Of course I've included several different color combinations for each uniform.

I got a couple in the can ready to post, but if anyone has any they'd really like to see or any criticisms are the Saints uniform please comment and let me know.

Saints Home with White Pants

spacer.png

Home with Black Pants

spacer.png

Home with Gold Pants

spacer.png

Away with White Pants

spacer.png

Away with Black Pants

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, jaytavo305 said:

Cant go wrong with that classic saints look, my only opinion would be to make gold the primary pants, but that's just personal opinion. Otherwise the design looks great

Thanks, I appreciate you commenting and keeping up with my concepts.

Next up is Denver, and I would not say I made too many radical changes to their uniform. Essentially it was a marriage between their orange crush years and their modern uniforms. I actually like their older shade of blue better but I am not sure if they would be different enough to warrant a concept. If anyone has any comments or criticisms on this concept or previous ones I'd be happy to hear them.

Home Uniform

spacer.png

Home Uniform with Blue Jersey

spacer.png

Away Uniform

spacer.png

Archived