NFL Uniform Redesigns - YUNGMAN

YungMan

Next our the Dallas Cowboys. Inspired from the 90's fauxbacks and their recent colorush. My main goal was to streamline the colors used on the Cowboys uniform, such as removing the black from the stripes and the foam colored pants.

Cowboys Home

spacer.png

Cowboys Away

spacer.png

cleveland_ghosts_legendary_players_by_ve

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, YungMan said:

Thanks, I appreciate you commenting and keeping up with my concepts.

Next up is Denver, and I would not say I made too many radical changes to their uniform. Essentially it was a marriage between their orange crush years and their modern uniforms. I actually like their older shade of blue better but I am not sure if they would be different enough to warrant a concept. If anyone has any comments or criticisms on this concept or previous ones I'd be happy to hear them.

Home Uniform

spacer.png

Home Uniform with Blue Jersey

spacer.png

Away Uniform

spacer.png

I love this set! The blue jersey is cool. Nice change of pace. 

N3d5IIl.png

I don't mind my cowboys, I actually really like the blue jersey. If we ever did change from the current home set and unified the looks I wouldn't mind going back to these 90s style uniforms. A few changes I would like to see would be the font, I prefer the current block. Also I think I would see how it looks dropping the colored collar, especially on the white jersey. Finally, I'd probably remove the pant logo. I like this set, although I wouldn't mind it cleaned up just a little

38 minutes ago, jaytavo305 said:

I don't mind my cowboys, I actually really like the blue jersey. If we ever did change from the current home set and unified the looks I wouldn't mind going back to these 90s style uniforms. A few changes I would like to see would be the font, I prefer the current block. Also I think I would see how it looks dropping the colored collar, especially on the white jersey. Finally, I'd probably remove the pant logo. I like this set, although I wouldn't mind it cleaned up just a little

I didn't even notice you had a cowboys logo for your picture, so it makes sense why you'd have a lot to say regarding it. I don't really mind the foam colored pants, asymmetric looks can be cool if done right. A good example is the Vikings throwbacks when Favre was on the team, I really liked how the helmet was much darker than the jersey. For the logo on the pants I was inspired by the packers of the 1980s, though maybe I should've just stuck to that team. For the collar I believe you're right, I don't think I executed that very well and would be better off changing it. Thanks for the feedback.

Next the team is Washington (Formerly (Washington Football Team)) Football Team. Of course that putrid name could not stay for my redesign so I went with something that should have done in the first place, the Washington Warriors. I've retained some elements of the Native American theme as I believe its part of the team identity but I did not go over board with the logo. I simply used the older spear logo while retaining the current color scheme. If any one has either comments or critiques feel free to let me know.

Washington Home

spacer.png

Washington Home with Gold Pants

spacer.png

Washington Home with Red Pants

spacer.png

Washington Away

spacer.png

Washington Away with White Pants

spacer.png

Washington Away with Gold Pants

spacer.png

7 hours ago, YungMan said:

Next the team is Washington (Formerly (Washington Football Team)) Football Team. Of course that putrid name could not stay for my redesign so I went with something that should have done in the first place, the Washington Warriors. I've retained some elements of the Native American theme as I believe its part of the team identity but I did not go over board with the logo. I simply used the older spear logo while retaining the current color scheme. If any one has either comments or critiques feel free to let me know.

Washington Home

spacer.png

Washington Home with Gold Pants

spacer.png

Washington Home with Red Pants

spacer.png

Washington Away

spacer.png

Washington Away with White Pants

spacer.png

Washington Away with Gold Pants

spacer.png

either have helmet stripes or the spear, i think both would look completely weird

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:54 PM, YungMan said:

Next up is Denver, and I would not say I made too many radical changes to their uniform. Essentially it was a marriage between their orange crush years and their modern uniforms. I actually like their older shade of blue better but I am not sure if they would be different enough to warrant a concept. If anyone has any comments or criticisms on this concept or previous ones I'd be happy to hear them.

Home Uniform

spacer.png

spacer.png

Away Uniform

spacer.png

I am loving these!  One nitpick: could you possibly match the D on Denver with the D in the main logo?  Other than that, I am absolutely loving these.  A follow for sure!  Keep up the great work!!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

I am loving these!  One nitpick: could you possibly match the D on Denver with the D in the main logo?  Other than that, I am absolutely loving these.  A follow for sure!  Keep up the great work!!

Thank you, comments like these make me want to keep making them. In regards to the font for Denver this issue is that I used the current Denver font and I used the old-school logo. Eventually I will redo these uniforms and it this something that I will defiantly change, thanks for pointing it out to me.

5 hours ago, RichardWitham said:

either have helmet stripes or the spear, i think both would look completely weird

I know when they did use the spear logo they did not have a helmet stripe, but is it that odd that a team would have a helmet stripe and a logo? It is not like the spear on each side connects with each other. Perhaps I am picturing it incorrect, but I don't think it would look too strange. Then again I might be I might be wrong, it is something that I can change if you want.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:54 PM, YungMan said:

Home Uniform

spacer.png

spacer.png

Away Uniform

spacer.png

As a life long Broncos fan I really wish they would scrap the navy!  I say follow your instincts and go with a brighter blue.  Colorado is characterized by bright blue skies, it baffles me they continue to stick with such a dark, drab shade of blue.  I'd love it if they went almost to more of a Boise St blue.  I like the return to a more traditional uniform and love the updated D logo.  For me, I love that logo more than their new, but I like the new better on the helmet if that makes sense.  Would love to see Denver uses this logo as a prominent secondary logo.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

17 hours ago, The Impaler said:

As a life long Broncos fan I really wish they would scrap the navy!  I say follow your instincts and go with a brighter blue.  Colorado is characterized by bright blue skies, it baffles me they continue to stick with such a dark, drab shade of blue.  I'd love it if they went almost to more of a Boise St blue.  I like the return to a more traditional uniform and love the updated D logo.  For me, I love that logo more than their new, but I like the new better on the helmet if that makes sense.  Would love to see Denver uses this logo as a prominent secondary logo.

I took your advice and went with the classic blue. Let me know how you like it.

Denver Home (Classic Blue)

spacer.png

Denver Away (Classic Blue)

spacer.png

Here is the Atlanta Falcons, I wasn't sure what direction to go in for them but anything different from their current uniforms is an improvement. If anyone has any suggestions for this uniform let me know.

Atlanta Home

spacer.png

Atlanta Home Black Pants

spacer.png

Atlanta Away

spacer.png

Atlanta Away Black Pants

spacer.png

On 12/1/2020 at 11:36 AM, YungMan said:

Another change was adding the tiger stripe pattern to the socks, I've seen other do it and I really liked how it looked.

Tiger-striped stockings, what a way to make a player look like a Bosnian whore

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, YungMan said:

Here is the Atlanta Falcons, I wasn't sure what direction to go in for them but anything different from their current uniforms is an improvement. If anyone has any suggestions for this uniform let me know.

Atlanta Home

spacer.png

Atlanta Home Black Pants

spacer.png

Atlanta Away

spacer.png

Atlanta Away Black Pants

spacer.png

Very cool set. I would remove the "a" from the sleeve logo and add a red alternate jersey and pant option.

17 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I completely agree with the above comment, sans the red pants

On 12/13/2020 at 2:50 PM, lgbaseball8 said:

Very cool set. I would remove the "a" from the sleeve logo and add a red alternate jersey and pant option.

Both you of your criticisms are correct and I was not satisfied with my Falcons concept. I added a red jersey, removed the alternate logo from the sleeves and replaced the red helmet with black helmet. I don't think the red helmet is bad but the Falcons early Mike Vick uniforms are some of my favorite of all time so I just went in that direction. I will admit the red jersey looks similar to the current Bucs look, but I can guarantee it won't clash with universes uniforms.

Atlanta Home

spacer.png

Atlanta Away

spacer.png

Atlanta Alternate

spacer.png 

Archived