kylonian

MLS Kits 2021

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

We could always just get worked up over the name of the kit instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know what, you right you right. "Legends" Jersey. lmao.

13 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

Interesting tweet from Philadelphia. Thinking this has to relate to their new 2021 kit and not a color change to their crest, as they just did that three years ago.

The return of Signal Blue??? I hope.

7 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

You know what, you right you right. "Legends" Jersey. lmao.

But the fans are the legends, get it

Dropping $1000 in the middle of a pandemic before a team even has a player? you the real MVP

That's exciting, those colors are really nice. Combining the Philly flag colors and what I assume to be a Ben Franklin nod with the lightning is pretty clever.

NYCFC are due for a new home kit, so I doubt that will be orange, lol. But they really should try an orange kit sometime.

As for Philadelphia... can't unsee the Chargers there, sorry

9 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

NYCFC are due for a new home kit, so I doubt that will be orange, lol. But they really should try an orange kit sometime.

As for Philadelphia... can't unsee the Chargers there, sorry

The orange NYCFC training gear definitely isn’t a hint at their new home kit, I just thought it was interesting (and frankly exciting) to see them feature the orange in such a prominent way. I’d like to see them do an orange kit sometime in the future, but it’ll probably only happen if/when they’re allowed to do a third kit. As for their new home kit, I’ve posted on here previously that it’ll likely have white accents this time around rather than navy, at least based off of their new anthem jacket and travel hoodie:

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Digby said:

holy moly, that's a throwback, haha. You're right though! I can't really take credit for the idea as it was Sons of Ben clamoring for a team, all those years ago, that put the idea in my head. The lightish blue/yellow stripes kit would be such a distinctive look, and it seems like it was always the obvious way to go (the navy/gold was always a mistake I think). Can't really do that now if you actually want any differentiation from the navy kit, unless maybe they take some liberties and really lighten up the flag's shade of blue. And light blue has become way overused leaguewide.

But! Even if you just take the MLS default white shirt and slap on these three stripes as a broad racing stripe down the front, you've got a winner.

spacer.png

The flag just reminds me how great the center cold stripe motif was. A unique identity lost. 

23 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

The flag just reminds me how great the center cold stripe motif was. A unique identity lost. 

Honesty if they bring that back and make that center stripe a lightening bolt it will be really solid.

It was a very identifiable design in MLS.

3 hours ago, dannykraft said:

One of the more baffling choices in recent years. Especially since they’ve already got a local rival who’s been doing navy shirts and a colonial motif since 1996. Maybe it’s one of those things where there’s only so much variation you can do on a center stripe, but so what?

5 hours ago, Digby said:

But the fans are the legends, get it

Dropping $1000 in the middle of a pandemic before a team even has a player? you the real MVP

True.

3 hours ago, TacoCat83 said:

3 days for a kit launch?! That is interesting.

Socks first, then shorts, then the shirt. Duh.

5 hours ago, hendocfc said:

I'm expecting that next year as the new change kit.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As for their new home kit, I’ve posted on here previously that it’ll likely have white accents this time around rather than navy, at least based off of their new anthem jacket and travel hoodie:

spacer.png

spacer.png

You're probably right, but there isn't always a one-to-one there.

Last year's training gear was navy and city blue, while the jersey it was paired with featured navy and white.

spacer.pngspacer.png

You can see the mismatch on that bottom photo - navy and white jersey, navy and city blue pants.

4 hours ago, Digby said:

One of the more baffling choices in recent years. Especially since they’ve already got a local rival who’s been doing navy shirts and a colonial motif since 1996. Maybe it’s one of those things where there’s only so much variation you can do on a center stripe, but so what?

yea I heard the players and fans didn't like it but I never heard a fan complain and Idk how much players really care about it. And yea there's not a whole lot you can do but that can be the same for almost any kit element, just need to get creative with cuffs and collars I guess. 

18 hours ago, dannykraft said:

yea I heard the players and fans didn't like it but I never heard a fan complain and Idk how much players really care about it. And yea there's not a whole lot you can do but that can be the same for almost any kit element, just need to get creative with cuffs and collars I guess. 

I am a Union fan and I have never liked the navy and khaki/Vegas gold. To me, it should have always been the light blue and athletic gold that is present on the city flag. No navy necessary. I miss the secondary from 8 years ago with the light blue and white.

XDbJ3Zg.jpg

Maybe a little bit of athletic gold could have been added.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

I am a Union fan and I have never liked the navy and khaki/Vegas gold. To me, it should have always been the light blue and athletic gold that is present on the city flag. No navy necessary. I miss the secondary from 8 years ago with the light blue and white.

XDbJ3Zg.jpg

Maybe a little bit of athletic gold could have been added.

Yea haha one of my favorite union kits, picked one up at modells a few years ago when it was like 50% off.