kylonian

MLS Kits 2021

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Ask Dallas why they dropped their hoops.   

And Atlanta with stripes (although they have a way shorter history). Just dumb decisions all around...

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/02/all-new-cf-montreal-2021-home-kit-leaked.html

New MTL kit fuller leak.

I think it's hot. Yeah the stripes going is something for discussion, but I truly dig this new look. Blue and Black is just such a solid color combo. Plus I like how the pattern actually corresponds to the crest and something specific rather than some generic Adidas pattern. 

It's dope for me, big W.

If that mockup is true, which it looks like it may be, then this kit will have no life to it.

There's just way too much going on in that new Montreal crest for it to carry any weight on that jersey front. Give me a significantly larger snowflake, put a blue stylized M in the middle, and let that be the crest. Or some variation on that idea. 

It doesn't help that the sponsor logo is also a roundel, which distracts from the crest even more.

4 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/02/all-new-cf-montreal-2021-home-kit-leaked.html

New MTL kit fuller leak.

I think it's hot. Yeah the stripes going is something for discussion, but I truly dig this new look. Blue and Black is just such a solid color combo. Plus I like how the pattern actually corresponds to the crest and something specific rather than some generic Adidas pattern. 

It's dope for me, big W.

I gotta disagree. Yes the colors are nice, but idk it just looks like a :censored:ty San Jose Earthquakes kit to me

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I gotta disagree. Yes the colors are nice, but idk it just looks like a :censored:ty San Jose Earthquakes kit to me

spacer.png

cf-montreal-2021-home-kit+%25282%2529.jp

Agreed. The whole thing is so silly.

2 hours ago, KitLeakBoi said:

The blue piping is wrong. Should be on the outer edge of the sleeves and collar, not the inner. 

Any chance they're going with blue shorts at the very least? 

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Any chance they're going with blue shorts at the very least? 

That’s what I was hoping, but I highly doubt it. 

Pretty amusing that they're one of the rare teams without a white away kit, because that snowflake pattern looks nice, and call me crazy but it would fit on a white shirt. And white is a nice contrast to a blue/black stripe primary. Oh well.

I’m hoping this pushes San Jose back to a blue shirt/short primary kit.

But yeah, the move from an Inter Milan like kit, which is great, to another all black kit is pretty disappointing.

Probably easiest for San Jose to go to a Chelsea-ish look, but I really like the blue shirt/white pinstripe look that Brighton & Hove Albion currently uses. 

spacer.png

Just so blah. I borderline like the crest on its own, but I find the whole package to be a whiff, and the shirt to be the biggest whiff of all. The Impact often alternated between blue/black stripes or solid blue, so now we have a third option with that bland grey alternate. I'm very uninspired by the rebrand as a whole.

2 hours ago, BC985 said:

Probably easiest for San Jose to go to a Chelsea-ish look, but I really like the blue shirt/white pinstripe look that Brighton & Hove Albion currently uses. 

spacer.png

Off the top of my head, there is no MLS team that looks anything like Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, or even Brighton & Hove Albion. That is surprising. 

Just now, JayMac said:

Off the top of my head, there is no MLS team that looks anything like Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, or even Brighton & Hove Albion. That is surprising. 

Ironically, Montreal were closest when they first entered the league. 

20120708_lbm_bb5_281.0.jpg 

Sadly, if Cincy's primary is navy blue this year, all of the teams that used to use royal blue as their primary kit color have opted to use darker colors (Cincy, Montreal, and San Jose). No more royal blue kits in MLS.

San Jose should be blue shirts, back shorts, blue socks.  Their DCU dressup is so boring.

Montreal losing the stripes is as awful as their new name and logo.