kylonian

MLS Kits 2021

Recommended Posts

As always, I give the Timbers points for intent and an eagerness to stand out. That alone is notable in MLS.

 

But after seeing the full kit, I'm really disappointed, for most of the same reasons I've mentioned before. Somehow, the shorts make them look even worse. Doesn't work with the white shorts at all -- getting a real court jester vibe with that set. And the green shorts, which just match the one side of the jersey, make the whole thing feel even more out of balance than it already is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going on with the Soccer City USA patch using the font from the old 80s Macintosh computers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we're really doing this lame drag out every detail nonsense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Another peak at FC Cincinnati. Interesting patch.

spacer.png

Very promising for them! 

 

Nice nod to their stadium opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cincinnati will use the Condivo 21 collar. The same as the Atlanta leak.
Navy collar. Orange shoulder stripes. The sleeve end will be the same style as their current white jersey, but navy with orange (instead of royal with orange).
Then the lighter orange and blue alternating pinstripes as featured in the teasers will be the entire front and sleeve design.

 

 

Collar style for reference:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Well this was an underwhelming announcement

 

 

 

Their "Kickoff Creator" tee didn't bode well in terms of complexity

20ADIMMLSWCPSKCKFVAN?wid=2000&fmt=png8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minnesota is 100% Powder Blue with black sleeve trim and powder blue piping. V-neck collar also black with powder blue piping. Black shoulder stripes. Black target logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Minnesota is 100% Powder Blue with black sleeve trim and powder blue piping. V-neck collar also black with powder blue piping. Black shoulder stripes. Black target logo.

I like the sounds of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love most of the Timbers kit. Love the callback to the original kit, ditching the white sleeves was the right idea... but it is so disappointing to not see opposing contrasting sleeves and a single color back. Still might be my favourite kit from them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Cincinnati will use the Condivo 21 collar. The same as the Atlanta leak.
Navy collar. Orange shoulder stripes. The sleeve end will be the same style as their current white jersey, but navy with orange (instead of royal with orange).
Then the lighter orange and blue alternating pinstripes as featured in the teasers will be the entire front and sleeve design.

Here’s a mockup:

spacer.png
I didn’t include the jocktag graphic, but the rest is in line with the teasers and the above description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago Primary is plain dark blue, blue crew collar, red shoulder stripes, sleeve edge banding is longer and goes Red | Blue | Red on front, back of sleeve band is solid red. Red adidas, Red Motorola w/ white M. reminiscent of last year's with even less creativity if you can imagine such a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if these are known:

Galaxy has white trim on front of sleeve edge and the collar on the authentic. Also the 4 silver and 1 gold stars above the crest.

Atlanta authentic looks the same except the 5 stripes badge on the bottom corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Chicago Primary is plain dark blue, blue crew collar, red shoulder stripes, sleeve edge banding is longer and goes Red | Blue | Red on front, back of sleeve band is solid red. Red adidas, Red Motorola w/ white M. reminiscent of last year's with even less creativity if you can imagine such a thing.

I guess they're just throwing in the towel with the kits this year since they're re-rebranding next year. Maybe the secondary will be more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Another peak at FC Cincinnati. Interesting patch.

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

That jock tag though.

 

In all seriousness, cool they have their stadium opening this year. Again, pin stripes could be tight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Not sure if these are known:

Galaxy has white trim on front of sleeve edge and the collar on the authentic. Also the 4 silver and 1 gold stars above the crest.

Atlanta authentic looks the same except the 5 stripes badge on the bottom corner.

What do you mean by “5 stripes badge”? A jock tag design? Is there any other detailing on the shirt (gold trim, perhaps)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.