MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

Since we have already had our first release with Austin's inaugural primary, I felt it was time to open the discussion for next year. Expected new releases would be:

• Atlanta - Primary
  • Austin - Primary & Secondary
  • Chicago - Secondary or Both? (replace the white t-shirt at least)
  • Cincinnati - Primary? (guessing they wouldn't change the secondary three times in three years)
  • Colorado - Secondary
  • Columbus - Primary
  • Dallas - Secondary
  • DCU - Secondary
  • Houston - Both for rebrand? (otherwise primary with changed logos for secondary)
  • LAFC - Secondary
  • LA Galaxy - Secondary
  • Miami - Primary? #PrayForPink
  • Minnesota - Secondary
  • Montreal - Primary
  • Nashville - Primary? (the less bespoke design)
  • New England - Secondary
  • NYCFC - Primary
  • NYRB - Primary
  • Orlando - Primary
  • Philadelphia - Secondary
  • Portland - Primary
  • RSL - Secondary
  • San Jose - Primary
  • Seattle - Secondary
  • SKC - Primary
  • Toronto - Primary
  • Vancouver - Primary

A lot of white secondaries hopefully to be replaced by a wider variety of colours. Thoughts? Expectations? Wishes?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Chicago changing the logo in 2022 may mean no changes at all.

Possibly, although I think the design phase for the new kit(s) would have started long before they made the announcement to change the logo again?

1 minute ago, kylonian said:

Possibly, although I think the design phase for the new kit(s) would have started long before they made the announcement to change the logo again?

Design should have been completed, but the team could decide to just roll with what they have and save the designs for the next rebrand. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Design should have been completed, but the team could decide to just roll with what they have and save the designs for the next rebrand. 

Very true! All eyes on 2021.

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

This is not the 2021 FC Dallas kit, which is too bad because I really like it!

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/11/fake-this-is-not-fc-dallas-2021-away-kit.html

dallas-2021-away-kit-fake-3.jpg

Looks too good to be an MLS kit lol.

Plus the Nike collar on an Adidas shirt is a pretty solid giveaway.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Seattle has decided their secondary kit should be wacky more years than not, so I'm excited to see what they come up with for next season. They already did Austin FC five years ago and just wrapped up Inter Miami. They've done Nashville SC several years ago as well.

Maybe they'll go blue and orange to homage Cincinnati? Or red and purple/blue to beat St. Louis to the punch?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Back in the spring when the new Thorns kits were unveiled Merritt Paulson started hyping up the Timbers’ new 2021 primaries:

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
I’m certainly intrigued by his assessment of the 2022 secondaries, but that’s not really relevant for this next season. What really gets me excited for now is him describing the new 2021 primaries as “maybe the best we have had”, a “surefire megahit”, and a “slam dunk”. MP pretty much always hypes up the new kits, but those are some pretty strong words even for him. I’m fully expecting the new primaries to be good, but they’ll be hard pressed to top the last two absolutely fantastic primaries:

spacer.png
spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Wow, how disappointing. I may not have been the biggest fan of the name but it's better than Montreal FC. Why not find a cool French name, since St. Louis didn't use it something like Olympique Montreal would be neat.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, 4_tattoos said:

Wish the backs of Austin's jerseys were green instead of black.

Or striped, which would be a better look. 

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

Well, here's some news. A gutless and terrible call.

Why? It just makes no sense. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, Digby said:

lame GIF

Wouldn't CF Montreal make more sense for a French language team? It would be similar to the Habs' official name being Club de Hockey Canadien.

I tend to think that it doesn't matter what other cool French names are. "Impact" sounds kinda dorky but it's one of the few words that works in French and English, which is clever and smart for a team that is quite clear about trying to appeal to both communities in Montreal. More importantly it's established, at nearly 30 years in now, and I don't think there's any good reason to toss that aside unless your name is racist.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

14 minutes ago, Digby said:

More importantly it's established, at nearly 30 years in now

This.  So many people complain about the lack of history in the US and Canada... and then those same people turn around and suggest that so many long-term names should be changed.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1 hour ago, -kj said:

This.  So many people complain about the lack of history in the US and Canada... and then those same people turn around and suggest that so many long-term names should be changed.

I've been saying this for years. You don't build tradition by abandoning the history you've already established.

Limp act, L'Impact.  

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Finally. That garbage name is gone! It’s a shame they’ll be another FC, but anything to get rid of that awful name.

If it’s not NASL or 1996 MLS (even then, the jury’s out), get with the rest of the world’s traditions. 

Archived