MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

18 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

My understanding is that most, if not all, clubs were told they had to title their kit this year. It may have been looser than that as some of them are kind of descriptions more than they are names.

Something has to justify the lackluster design choices. Because some of this year's designs are weak. Not as weak as last year, but still.

spacer.png

What's going on in this photo? The shorts look dark navy, the shirt looks significantly brighter. I like how the uni in the picture looks, but I thought the jersey was navy blue as well. 

15 minutes ago, Sport said:

spacer.png

What's going on in this photo? The shorts look dark navy, the shirt looks significantly brighter. I like how the uni in the picture looks, but I thought the jersey was navy blue as well. 

its the angle the photo was taken

12 minutes ago, TacoCat83 said:

its the angle the photo was taken

That doesn't make sense. If they're the same color they'd photograph the same regardless of angle.

cin1.png

cin2.png

I think the shirt's a lighter blue than the shorts. Looks like the front is close to what the Charlotte Bobcats used to use. I really really like these. 

So I don't dislike Cincy but I'm imagining how much nicer it'd be if they swapped the navy for royal blue with orange and navy pinstripes. As it is though, not bad.

with Chicago, I really don't hate the navy with red accents, I like the double red cuff stripe. this home kit is an improvement. Also makes sense that if they're changing the branding again, they'd keep it fairly simple. Really not bad though. The away kit is better, but I wish the logos and stripes were red not black, just to really tie the flag into the design. As it stands though, not a bad attempt for a club we know are going to have a new logo next season.

3 hours ago, Sport said:

spacer.png

the cuffs also look darker

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I cannot outright confirm the authenticity of this, as I have not seen the real thing, but I do trust my source and the info that was provided to me. We’ll have to wait to see a leak of the real thing, but if this info is indeed legit then this kit will be wild and polarizing to say the least.

Kinda bummed we’re not getting the navy and white kit we were rumored to be getting. It’s definitely interesting though.

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I cannot outright confirm the authenticity of this, as I have not seen the real thing, but I do trust my source and the info that was provided to me. We’ll have to wait to see a leak of the real thing, but if this info is indeed legit then this kit will be wild and polarizing to say the least.

Well we have a new winner for worst kit in the league. Congratulations Seattle, the Razzie is yours this year.

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just checked Footy Headlines and had a real inception moment here: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/02/seattle-sounders-2021-away-kit-leaked.html

I'm assuming not the first time they've ran with your mockups?

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Just checked Footy Headlines and had a real inception moment here: https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/02/seattle-sounders-2021-away-kit-leaked.html

I'm assuming not the first time they've ran with your mockups?

Not the first time, no. I remember a couple years back they posted a mockup I made of the US Gold Cup kit, and I believe they posted a mockup I made of Cincy’s inaugural MLS home kit as well. I don’t really mind, but I will say that they do a terrible job of vetting info before posting. I truly do believe in my source and the info that they provided to me about the Sounders kit, but I’d be the first to say that there should still be some skepticism until there are further reports or leaks to support that info. FH did include a disclaimer about what I said in my tweet, but I would still expect a site like that to reach out and further vet the info before posting it. 

Nashville's new away kit has been officially released, dubbed as the "Nashville Vibe II"

NV2%20Media%20-%20Image%209.jpg

NV2%20Media%20-%20Image%208.jpg

https://www.nashvillesc.com/post/2021/02/26/nashville-sc-unveils-vibe-ii-its-202122-major-league-soccer-away-jersey

I personally like it a lot. It's nothing mind-blowing, but their identity is still being built. I also enjoy having closure on why the name "Nashville Vibe" was trademarked by the team a while back.