Jump to content

MLS Kits 2021


kylonian
 Share

Recommended Posts

1. No black?  No tin foil?  That alone makes it a great start!

2. I keep expecting them to go with the checkerboard one of these years:Rain didn't stop the Cauldron last Saturday!

 

3. I keep expecting them to go with some variation of the Wizards' rainbow one of these years:

NWT Sporting KC Wizards 2017 Retro Jersey Adidas 2XL Soccer Kansas City  Black | eBay

PHOTOS: Sporting KC pays homage to Wiz-era with 20th anniversary kits |  theScore.com

تحسين يطالب مرن kansas city wizards rainbow jersey - psidiagnosticins.com

4. I'd like to see the stateline worked into everything they do

 

I'm not a huge fan of the team or anything, but seems pretty good to me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

1. No black?  No tin foil?  That alone makes it a great start!

2. I keep expecting them to go with the checkerboard one of these years:Rain didn't stop the Cauldron last Saturday!

I would definitely like to see the checkerboard design. Not like how NYRB has, but more like Barca/Croatia with giant ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Few more shots of the new SKC kit, including a look at the shorts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

That background is 10x more interesting and inspired than the kit itself. I feel like they played it safe going with the hoop design, and exacerbated that by not executing it as well as they could and should have. I would’ve liked to have seen that retro-inspired wavy line design, that all-over argyle print, or the offset hoops that make up the state line pattern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

 

Am I the only one who thinks that two weeks out feels a bit early to say they're dropping then?

We got the leak that the kit was going to be green several weeks ago. That made its way to supporters who are quite excited because the Rapids started out wearing green. Rapids fans have been relentlessly pestering the team on social media so they released the unveiling date to shut us up. 

 

It seems that the jersey ads are still being worked out, which explains why the release is so late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, zigbazah said:

2 states, 1 city doesn't make much sense, as there are 2 kansas cities. i get the moral, but coming as someone from missouri, it just doesn't sound right. 

 

"Two Cities, one club" might have been the smarter line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

"Two Cities, one club" might have been the smarter line.

The good thing is that is it buried on the inside part of the collar and the general public will never notice past this unveiling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JTernup said:

We got the leak that the kit was going to be green several weeks ago. That made its way to supporters who are quite excited because the Rapids started out wearing green. Rapids fans have been relentlessly pestering the team on social media so they released the unveiling date to shut us up. 

 

It seems that the jersey ads are still being worked out, which explains why the release is so late.

So for teams that wanted more time for whatever reason. Adidas gave teams the opportunity at the beginning of last month to push the delivery date later to help with that. (IE why Seattle's is so late as well) Any teams not unveiling this week will most likely be the week of the 25th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

The good thing is that is it buried on the inside part of the collar and the general public will never notice past this unveiling.

 

True.   But I suspect it'll be a general marketing slogan as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Fat guys with big bellies are gonna look huge in that new SKC kit, aren't they?

 

Powder blue isn't the most slimming colour.

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, zigbazah said:

2 states, 1 city doesn't make much sense, as there are 2 kansas cities. i get the moral, but coming as someone from missouri, it just doesn't sound right. 

 

Is this a new slogan? I was wondering whether this is an attempt to lay claim to Missouri as the buzz builds in St. Louis for the expansion team there. A little territorial posturing perhaps. (I'm also likely reading way too much into it. :) ) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm fine with 2 states, 1 city.

They don't mean one municipality. They're talking about the whole metro being united in support of our sports teams.

In the KC metro there are 2.1 million people. Only 550,000 live in KCMO or KCK proper. Being from "Kansas City" is a unifying thing in a place where most people don't have a Kansas City address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, AdAstraKC said:

I'm fine with 2 states, 1 city.

They don't mean one municipality. They're talking about the whole metro being united in support of our sports teams.

In the KC metro there are 2.1 million people. Only 550,000 live in KCMO or KCK proper. Being from "Kansas City" is a unifying thing in a place where most people don't have a Kansas City address.

Nailed it. Kansas City is a unifying thing for everyone who lives here and rallies behind our sports teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, with the exception of the Galaxy, there's been no kit this year so far that I've actively strongly disliked, and even with the Galaxy it's really just severe ambivalence more than anything else.

 

Jury's out on Seattle, if that leak is even close to true than dear god boys I'm sorry you're going to be dealing with that for two years. *Raspberry*. Your home kit is flames at least, there's solace in that.

 

Otherwise, the rest of the leaks have been pretty encouraging, from Toronto especially. LAFC I no longer hate the leak but I still don't like it, again ambivalence. Colorado's if they can do it justice that'll be amazing but we'll see.

 

All of that considered I'd say it's one of the better years for kits in this league since I've started closely paying attention. The fact that, thus far, there only appears to really be one Raspberry kit (and that was not even a "leak" it was a mockup), I'd say that's a pretty good year, mercifully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.